• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involuntary Commitment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devosmajo

Please check one of the boxes below:* YES, I HAVE A DISABILITY (or previously had a disability) NO, I DON’T HAVE A DISABILITY I DON’T WISH TO ANSWER

quincy

Yeah but the aestriks indicates it mandatory
The asterisks indicate there is additional information somewhere.

By the way, having a medical examination or evaluation is not an indication you have a disability.

You are WAY overthinking this. If this particular application is causing you so much anxiety, I suggest you skip applying for this job and look for another one.

quincy

When I try submitting it says “Please provide this information.”
That is odd. Contact the employer and ask why you cannot submit an application without providing “voluntary” information. Have a friend call for you if you prefer to remain anonymous.

That said, if you are not disabled, you always could simply check that box. Again, having a mental health examination/evaluation does not make you disabled.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I DON"T WISH TO ANSWER is an option. And, as indicated, you can always answer that you do not have a a disability.

This is not a standard question on applications for private employment. There are occasions where a VOLUNTARY disclosure is requested. If you insist I'll explain why but I don't want to take the time for that now. On those occasions, the individuals who receive the disability information are NOT the same people who make the hiring decisions and they do NOT talk to each other.

Additionally, those people who receive the disability information do not take any steps to verify it or to obtain additional information or to talk with the doctors or to find out what the diagnosis was. They're not interested in that; it is for statistical purposes only. Even if they wanted to, remember what you were told a page or two ago. I'm going to reiterate it here: THERE ARE NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER WHEN AN EMPLOYER IS ABLE TO GET MEDICAL INFORMATION OF ANY KIND ON AN APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE WITHOUT THAT APPLICANT/EMPLOYEE'S EXPRESS WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION. They may, in certain circumstances, ask you for certain information to be provided voluntarily. They cannot force you to provide it and they cannot obtain it without your consent.

I'm sorry that you evidently believe we are lying to you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please check one of the boxes below:* YES, I HAVE A DISABILITY (or previously had a disability) NO, I DON’T HAVE A DISABILITY I DON’T WISH TO ANSWER
The second option is for either saying that you don't have a disability, or that you don't wish to answer. If you don't wish to answer, then the second choice is appropriate.

Devosmajo

Does anyone know what this means or can explain it?
Except as to informal patients and patients admitted pursuant to section 9.39 or 9.40, the director of a hospital shall within five days, excluding Sunday and holidays, after the admission of any patient forward to the mental hygiene legal service a record of such patient and shall simultaneously forward to the department such information from the record as the commissioner by regulation shall require.

quincy

You apparently can check the second box to indicate you “don’t have a disability” or you “don’t wish to answer.”

Checking that box should work to get your application submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">