• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it Fraud if Yahoo deletes likes & comments they don't agree with Without a Warning Label underneath their Comments Section

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiFi

Have you posted your complaint to Yahoo’s “User Voice” forum? https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/925969

How is this “manipulation” of comments posted on Yahoo affecting you personally? Are you a business suffering because of a skewing of consumer reviews? Are you noticing a particular political or other bias in what is posted?

What is your specific concern?
It is wasting my time replying if I do not agree with an article or comment & spend 20 minutes writing a comment that is rejected for no valid reason. There is a total pro liberal, pro Democrat, anti-right wing, anti Republican bias. It also affects me because the biased comments section may lead people to vte a certain way or to maintain a certain attitude.

quincy

It is wasting my time replying if I do not agree with an article or comment & spend 20 minutes writing a comment that is rejected for no valid reason. There is a total pro liberal, pro Democrat, anti-right wing, anti Republican bias. It also affects me because the biased comments section may lead people to vte a certain way or to maintain a certain attitude.
“LOL” took you 20 minutes to write? :unsure:

If you don’t like a site’s “slant,” you don’t have to go to that site.

Here is a link to Merriam-Webster’s definition of fraud:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

Litigator22

I don't know if you are aware but Yahoo's comments section is not fully representative of all comments and Likes because based on my own personal experience Yahoo rejects polite comments and likes if Yahoo does not agree with them. In my opinion this is Fraud because they are not doing this with a warning label stating, Yahoo has the right to reject comments and Likes they do not agree with. Am I wrong thinking this is Fraud without a warning label? The end affect on Consumers is the comments section is misleading based on Yahoo and/or its moderators interference!
Yes, you are indeed wrong!

In legal parlance the word fraud is generally defined as a deliberate falsification, subterfuge, or intentional misrepresentation of the truth designed to induce another to part with something of value or forgo a legal right as leading to liability for civil damages.

Please note that nowhere in the definition is there any mention of a warning label.

quincy

… It also affects me because the biased comments section may lead people to vte a certain way or to maintain a certain attitude.
The publication of misinformation or the intentional misrepresentation of facts is definitely a problem in this country, with no easy solution. People are free to believe even the stupidest of lies. And only rarely will the publishers/creators of these lies be held liable for the damages their falsehoods have caused.

It remains up to people to investigate the sources of their information and not blindly accept as truth all that they read or hear.

Just Blue

One would have to be a brainless sheep to vote according to the opinions posted on Yahoo/twitter/youtube/truthsocial.

quincy

I bought lots of stuff at the p/x when I was in the Army.

LOL.

(Note: if my post is removed, I will sue for fraud). HaHa HiFi.
As a note: It is generally not a smart idea to try to sue a company that is staffed with a whole host of attorneys. :)

HiFi has an interesting posting history and his threads have led to some rather entertaining content. This thread is apparently not a hypothetical - and it’s not about a Law & Order episode or Dateline - so I consider that a plus.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm still looking for what legal duty Yahoo has to provide a warning label that posts may be removed or that they may not be representative of all posts. Can HiFi please provide a link to such a law?

Just Blue

I'm still looking for what legal duty Yahoo has to provide a warning label that posts may be removed or that they may not be representative of all posts. Can HiFi please provide a link to such a law?
.... crickets....

quincy

IF HiFi ran a business and there was a manipulation of business review comments by Yahoo that swayed consumer opinion of the company, that conceivably could be a legal problem for Yahoo. It has been a problem for other review sites. But as described by HiFi here, there is nothing wrong with Yahoo or any of its forums, or any forum, editing content, even if to do so slants the content right or left.

Twitter’s control by Elon has raised some concerns of site manipulation but the recourse currently is to find a “freer” site that allows for a better balance of opinions. If you go to Fox or OAN for news, for example, you should know that what you get is heavily edited and decidedly biased. You need to find balance by seeking out other news sources, compare and contrast, and hopefully walk away with what can only be a semblance of the truth. Look for irrefutable facts rather than opinions.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Aw, Quincy. I wanted HiFi to provide his "evidence" of wrongdoing.

IF HiFi ran a business and there was a manipulation of business review comments by Yahoo that swayed consumer opinion of the company, that conceivably could be a legal problem for Yahoo. It has been a problem for other review sites. But as described by HiFi here, there is nothing wrong with Yahoo or any of its forums, or any forum, editing content, even if to do so slants the content right or left.

You and I both know this. I was trying to provide a teaching moment for HiFi, to learn it for himself. Since he clearly doesn't believe anything we tell him.

(I am in the process of reviewing his post hx and that is becoming quite clear. I'm not sure why he even bothers to come back since he doesn't accept anything we tell him.)

quincy

… You and I both know this. I was trying to provide a teaching moment for HiFi, to learn it for himself. Since he clearly doesn't believe anything we tell him. …
I know you know all this. Haha. :)

I actually think HiFi learns something from the responses to his various and assorted threads, even the hypotheticals. I think that’s why he returns to the forum time and again to seek answers to what is currently puzzling him.

Just Blue

IMO HiFi would do better to get out of the house/mother's basement, away from the internet and t.v. and take a walk/ride a bike and interact in a positive way with real people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">