• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisbabygirl77

What is the name of your state? TN

Is it legal to whoop a child with a belt in this state? I can't believe spanking with a belt could be legal anywhere but my stepdaughters mom does it and she says its perfectly legal and she wont stop. The child is 6 years old. Can she really do this?

tigger22472

Tennessee has not outlawed corporal punishment.

There is a line between corporal punishment and abuse but absent more information it cannot be accessed as to which this qualifies.

Hisbabygirl77

tigger22472 said:
Tennessee has not outlawed corporal punishment.

There is a line between corporal punishment and abuse but absent more information it cannot be accessed as to which this qualifies.

She got spanked for running outside to get a toy she forgot. She was in her underwear and just ran to the front yard grabbed the toy and came back. Her mom said she whooped her with the belt and because she was squirming she spanked her with 3 more swats on the butt and legs

Getting spanked at 6 because with out thinking about state of dress the child ran out to get a toy?

weenor

Hisbabygirl77 said:
She got spanked for running outside to get a toy she forgot. She was in her underwear and just ran to the front yard grabbed the toy and came back. Her mom said she whooped her with the belt and because she was squirming she spanked her with 3 more swats on the butt and legs

Getting spanked at 6 because with out thinking about state of dress the child ran out to get a toy?

Absent physical injuries to the child, you need to stay out of it.

Hisbabygirl77

weenor said:

Needless to say I would stay out of it period. My husband on the other hand is just as outraged as I am. And spanking a child with a belt like an animal is going to leave a welt or something. I'm sorry but how could you say that it is ok is beyond me.

tigger22472

weenor said:

I agree and you will make things worse by saying something. It's not your place to do so. Dad on the other hand can say something if he wishes but it doesn't necessarily make a difference as again... absent injury there's nothing illegal being done.

tigger22472

Hisbabygirl77 said:
Needless to say I would stay out of it period. My husband on the other hand is just as outraged as I am. And spanking a child with a belt like an animal is going to leave a welt or something. I'm sorry but how could you say that it is ok is beyond me.
I was spanked with a belt and wasn't abused and lived.
My children have been spanked with a belt... granted not in a very long time, but it has happened.

Hisbabygirl77

stealth2 said:
Well... did it?
Would love to be able to tell you that for sure. I couldnt imagine spanking with a belt wouldn't but since we live 1500 miles away can't say for sure. The bio mom brags about spanking. She says she carries a spoon with her wherever she goes in case the kids need a spanking. She says the only way to get them to listen is to beat them with that or the belt. We are hearing this from her mouth not the childs.

Shay-Pari'e

I know most of you get pissed with this, but this is Kelly. She is obviously drunk or high on something, as she is on this forum under nurmerous names.

I call it like I see it.

tigger22472

Hisbabygirl77 said:
Would love to be able to tell you that for sure. I couldnt imagine spanking with a belt wouldn't but since we live 1500 miles away can't say for sure. The bio mom brags about spanking. She says she carries a spoon with her wherever she goes in case the kids need a spanking. She says the only way to get them to listen is to beat them with that or the belt. We are hearing this from her mouth not the childs.

The spanking debate will forever rage on, I'm a spanker... so is my husband... Is ex isn't. Is Tn the state in which mom lives in?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Shay-Pari'e said:
I know most of you get pissed with this, but this is Kelly. She is obviously drunk or high on something, as she is on this forum under nurmerous names.

I call it like I see it.
Oh, who really cares? I don't. Leave me to my entertainment, already. :rolleyes:

Hisbabygirl77

stealth2 said:
Oh, who really cares? I don't. Leave me to my entertainment, already. :rolleyes:
I don't know who kelly is but it is not me I have been on this site before about a year and half two years ago. I hadn't needed to come back on here until just now. And I'm sorry but to agree with spanking with a belt well I can't even comprehend what kind of person could agree with that. My children behave very well and we have never had to beat them to get them to obey. To make a child fear you is ok? Respect yes but fear Never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">