• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my landlords wife harassing me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anon2you

In the other thread, you mentioned that there were neighbors with cameras that may have recorded this. I also said that if you had not pissed those neighbors off as well they may have video that could be used as evidence. You didn't reply to that so I assume you have pissed them off too?
Those neighbors are my LLs they have two cameras in the front but the way they are pointing it doesn’t look like it would’ve caught it but I’m going to ask them today. I haven’t done nothing to said LL but tell them why do I need to be telling them who comes over to visit me or tell them who comes over to fix my internet even tho I don’t know them when they think I do. This other neighbor that did this has no cameras. The ones across the street have cameras but look like they’re only pointing straight not to the neighbor that did this house. So even if it was recording it seems like they wouldn’t of got a good shot but I’m going to ask just in case.

FarmerJ

Your unit having its own electric meter is just one of those things BUT with the way 911 systems are tied to addresses ( there should be a 2nd address number posted if a second housing unit is present and not the same structure) being that you also have learned that the address is supposed to be a single family residence tells a lot , meaning the other rental unit and yours likely are not approved to be used as rental units - to be lived in as separate housing units [ your cities zoning rules are what count so even in the case of a older in use unit that fell under a so called grandfather clause the records for the address should say there are two units there] ( as to the 2nd electric meter , yours you didn't say if that's the only meter for electric or not, it is a possibility that for some odd reason like maybe a run from home business or office that the second meter was installed ( but if you pay the LL for your electricity and not the electric company then I wonder if the meter is a customer owned submeter ) but in the end what really counts is what your city says about the number of housing units that are supposed to be at that address.

Last edited:

Anon2you

Your unit having its own electric meter is just one of those things BUT with the way 911 systems are tied to addresses ( there should be a 2nd address number posted if a second housing unit is present and not the same structure) being that you also have learned that the address is supposed to be a single family residence tells a lot , meaning the other rental unit and yours likely are not approved to be used as rental units - to be lived in as separate housing units [ your cities zoning rules are what count so even in the case of a older in use unit that fell under a so called grandfather clause the records for the address should say there are two units there] ( as to the 2nd electric meter , yours you didn't say if that's the only meter for electric or not, it is a possibility that for some odd reason like maybe a run from home business or office that the second meter was installed ( but if you pay the LL for your electricity and not the electric company then I wonder if the meter is a customer owned submeter ) but in the end what really counts is what your city says about the number of housing units that are supposed to be at that address.
So I called today and they said that someone came out In 2018 because they reported my LL for having an illegal back house and they said everything was good. I’m guessing it was the previous tenants.. as for the studio basement I didn’t mention about that one so I’m not sure but they did just say that it’s his house and the back house his laundry room and garage they have on file:sneaky:. Thank you

FarmerJ

that rear house could have been grandfathered in many ago ( there were three that were used as duplexes that I can recall in the neighborhood I grew up in but they were all in place long before what was a village became a city and adopted zoning rules.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">