• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is she in contempt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyback1

i see. thank you for responding.

ok. so let's say nothing changes "significantly." is there anything in the natural course of time that would allow for modification?
possible...a child attaining school age could be a change that would justify reviewing the parenting plan (and probably when child ages out to middle school and then high school)

Ladyback1

would that give me more time with them then?
I don't know!

It could justify filing for a modification---where it goes from there is up for speculation.
The courts/judges that handle family law cases USUALLY consider a lot of things before modifying, and they place a heavy emphasis on what is in the best interest of the child.

I don't know!

It could justify filing for a modification---where it goes from there is up for speculation.
The courts/judges that handle family law cases USUALLY consider a lot of things before modifying, and they place a heavy emphasis on what is in the best interest of the child.
will what is happening now be considered status quo? what can i do to improve my chances?

Proserpina

i see. thank you for responding.

ok. so let's say nothing changes "significantly." is there anything in the natural course of time that would allow for modification?

If you're wanting custody to be changed, having a CoC is not the whole story. Generally you'll also need to show that the CoC is enough to warrant a custody change.

Your writing style certainly changed, didn't it? I wonder why that is.

Ladyback1

will what is happening now be considered status quo? what can i do to improve my chances?
one time is not status quo.

I don't know what you can do to "improve" your chances!!

How long have you all been divorced/split?
Is there a parenting plan in place?

And seriously? I suspect that you are not happy and are trying to screw mom over.
She was late ONE time and had a reasonable and rational explanation. LET THAT GO!

If you're wanting custody to be changed, having a CoC is not the whole story. Generally you'll also need to show that the CoC is enough to warrant a custody change.

Your writing style certainly changed, didn't it? I wonder why that is.
huh?

if you're saying i'm being nicer, it's because people are being nicer to me.

i don't just want physical custody changed. i also want legal custody changed. how can i make that happen?

Ladyback1

huh?

if you're saying i'm being nicer, it's because people are being nicer to me.

i don't just want physical custody changed. i also want legal custody changed. how can i make that happen?
You are going to need a lot more than mom being late ONE TIME!

How long have you had the current parenting plan??

one time is not status quo.

I don't know what you can do to "improve" your chances!!

How long have you all been divorced/split?
Is there a parenting plan in place?

And seriously? I suspect that you are not happy and are trying to screw mom over.
She was late ONE time and had a reasonable and rational explanation. LET THAT GO!
i meant status quo in her having most of the time with the kids right now, not being late. i'm not even getting standard visitation.

we've been divorced since dec '13. took her to court bc she wasn't giving me enough time. earlier this year, judge ruled 2nd-5th weekends.

you're right. i am not happy about mom screwing me over. she has custody. she gets child support. what about this would make me happy?

Last edited:

Ladyback1

i meant status quo in her having most of the time with the kids right now, not being late. i'm not even getting standard visitation.

we've been divorced since dec '14. took her to court bc she wasn't giving me enough time. earlier this year, judge ruled 2nd-5th weekends.

you're right. i am not happy about mom screwing me over. she has custody. she gets child support. what about this would make me happy?
What about the kid(s)?
Are they healthy, happy and well taken care of?
How would a change of custody impact the child(ren)?
This is not, nor should it ever, be about what you want or think you deserve/need! It is what is in the best interest of the child(ren).

Please don't go into a litany of what an awful person mom is....we've seen it all before.
The fact that you perceived mom's attempts at communicating with you when she was running late, as mom's attempt at rubbing it your face speaks VOLUMES about you!

What would be the best for the kid(s) involved?

Proserpina

we've been divorced since dec '14. took her to court bc she wasn't giving me enough time. earlier this year, judge ruled 2nd-5th weekends.

It's not about your happiness at all.

So now you get two weekends a month. What makes you say Mom is screwing you over? She gets child support - is this a reason why you think she's screwing you?

And you have a very recent court order - why didn't you address this in court? Why do you think the court order and custody should be changed?

LdiJ

I see, so its not about the children at all. You appear not to care about what is best for them, but rather what is best for you.

amberxo

Why didn't you just ask for more time initially? Was there a reason you weren't given more custody and if so has that reason changed?

What about the kid(s)?
Are they healthy, happy and well taken care of?
How would a change of custody impact the child(ren)?
This is not, nor should it ever, be about what you want or think you deserve/need! It is what is in the best interest of the child(ren).

Please don't go into a litany of what an awful person mom is....we've seen it all before.
The fact that you perceived mom's attempts at communicating with you when she was running late, as mom's attempt at rubbing it your face speaks VOLUMES about you!

What would be the best for the kid(s) involved?

they are fine. they are happy when they are with me, too. don't they deserve time with their father? isn't THAT in their best interest?

she's not an awful person. i never said she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">