• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I’ve been paying for my neighbors electricity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

About all a city housing inspector can do is come out, note what they find for a report and issue a copy to the tenant and if the local law bars a LL from making a tenant pay the bill on a shared meter or like when a lease fails to disclose that the electric meter supplies more than the tenants space when the tenant is paying the bill. BUT with a report from inspections showing the meter is shared it would give a tenant something to show to a judge when complaining and asking for a court to address it.
I have a report from the electric provider.

HRZ

What appeal process?
I've been in PA DJ Court to see LL wth dirty hands get tossed by judge on a rent action ...but so far you have not taken the bull by the horns to demonstrate likely violations by LL...A three unit conversion is often illegal , the payment method for the tenant utilities to you is likely inconsistent with PUC regs , theft by deception as to auto shop on your meter may be a crime , unlicensed electrical repairs /no permit may be a problem....so far you have not locked in " problems " LL may win because you have not been proactive.

FarmerJ

when you called your county property tax desk, gave them your address and asked them if the property is registered as a multi unit ( two apartments ) what did they tell you ? Your city zoning desk may be able to tell you the same thing as to how many residential housing units/ apartments the property is zoned for

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">