• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Custody Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

single317dad

No need to be that rude! Our relationship ended in June his battery was in August. As far as 2011 not having her restrained, there is not much I can do.
OG is being very direct in giving you the legal reality regarding the legal mistakes you've already made which may affect your current case. This isn't like going to a department store shopping for drapes; to do this on your own will require TONS of research. Mistakes are quite costly and will stick with you for years to come. If you don't accept the advice you've been given so far, I'd suggest you hire an attorney who can handle the job properly.

tdcorona09

He also didn't tell me about the whole seat belt violation until quite some time after it happened. Probably close to a year after it happened and i had not seen it on his record because I had no reason to be checking his stuff at the time. I'm just quite discouraged because in 2009 after over dosing on pills and alcohol and driving into a pond resulting in a coma for 2 weeks they granted him full visitation unsupervised even after I requested it. I fear for her safety and have since she went with him but there is nothing I can do. It's even more unnerving that he has been hospitalized since then for suicide, who is to say he wouldn't hurt her as well.

CJane

It is highly unlikely that the court will order anything outside the IPTG without agreement by the parties. The IPTG are the 'default' orders based on legislative decisions regarding what is best for most children, most of the time.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He also didn't tell me about the whole seat belt violation until quite some time after it happened. Probably close to a year after it happened and i had not seen it on his record because I had no reason to be checking his stuff at the time. I'm just quite discouraged because in 2009 after over dosing on pills and alcohol and driving into a pond resulting in a coma for 2 weeks they granted him full visitation unsupervised even after I requested it. I fear for her safety and have since she went with him but there is nothing I can do. It's even more unnerving that he has been hospitalized since then for suicide, who is to say he wouldn't hurt her as well.
And how did you try to "tell" the court about that? No really. What evidence do you have that he overdosed? Did you subpoena the psychiatrist? Did you request a psychological evaluation be done on dad? Did you file a motion requesting supervised visits? Who testified that dad overdosed on pills and alcohol and tried to kill himself? Or was that just you making outlandish accusations and telling the court that the medical records would prove it if the court got them? What EVIDENCE do you have? What admissible evidence do you have? What rules of evidence do you know? What information do you have? You seem overly emotional. You appear to be throwing out stuff and seeing what sticks without any proof. So what is the proof? Other than your word?

You are full of excuses and accusations but you have presented it in an analytical way. You need a lawyer.

tdcorona09

I did ask the court to have him evaluated thru his therapist. The therapist submitted a paper that said he had no anger issues. Yet I was not bringing up anger I was bringing up his mental health and stability and the day in court her dad told the judge himself what had happened that day. Yes I requested supervised visitation and the judge denied it. I am not overly emotional by no means I am concerned about my daughter and like I said , have been since day one when all of this took place.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I did ask the court to have him evaluated thru his therapist. The therapist submitted a paper that said he had no anger issues. Yet I was not bringing up anger I was bringing up his mental health and stability and the day in court her dad told the judge himself what had happened that day. Yes I requested supervised visitation and the judge denied it. I am not overly emotional by no means I am concerned about my daughter and like I said , have been since day one when all of this took place.
A) A paper was not admissible.
B) The therapist could have been subpoenaed by you.
C) You could have cross-examined the therapist then.
D) Dad apparently was credible that he was not a harm to the child.
E) You really need to learn the rules of evidence and how to make your case OR you need to hire an attorney because you are a hinderance to yourself.
F) When did you request supervised visitation? IN a written motion or on the spot in court with no notice to the other side to prepare for it? Hence attempting to violate his due process rights.

tdcorona09

In court for visitation they asked me how I wanted to do it she was 2 at the time and I told them I'd prefer it'd be supervised since it was so soon after that incident and they said no that there was no one to properly supervise the visits.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In court for visitation they asked me how I wanted to do it she was 2 at the time and I told them I'd prefer it'd be supervised since it was so soon after that incident and they said no that there was no one to properly supervise the visits.
You need an attorney because that was NOT going to fly. No notice and a due process violation on dad. You need an attorney. That is pretty much all that anyone can tell you because you do not know nearly enough about the rules of procedure, rules of evidence and the local rules for your jurisdiction. You also don't know caselaw and I would bet you don't know how to look for it to see how any of those rules are applied. Next time you go to court have any attorney representing you. That isn't being rude or mean but honest. You need one.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To be clear - the OP *has* the money for an attorney but doesn't want to use it since it's her savings...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
To be clear - the OP *has* the money for an attorney but doesn't want to use it since it's her savings...
To be clear, her errors could cost her custody of her daughter so then she could be using her savings to pay child support.

Zigner

To be clear, her errors could cost her custody of her daughter so then she could be using her savings to pay child support.
Right - I just wanted the other responders to remember that information from the original post.

tdcorona09

Just forget it I'm deleting this non sense and I have no reason to lose custody to someone who is unstable and does not even have their own home and never has not do I have any errors that could possibly cause me to pay child support to him

Zigner

Just forget it I'm deleting this non sense and I have no reason to lose custody to someone who is unstable and does not even have their own home and never has not do I have any errors that could possibly cause me to pay child support to him
You have an excellent choice in partners. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">