• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Custody Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Just forget it I'm deleting this non sense and I have no reason to lose custody to someone who is unstable and does not even have their own home and never has not do I have any errors that could possibly cause me to pay child support to him
You've fallen down the rabbit hole that is sometimes the norm at FA.

Please use a bit of your savings to have a consultation with an attorney. However, if you have an existing custody order, and you've previously brought these issues before the court, you cannot bring them up again. They're not relevant to the future.

And please realize that Dad MUST show a change in the CHILD'S circumstances in order to change custody - AND the court is very unlikely to order anything outside the IPTG without an agreement between the parents. Obviously, that agreement isn't going to happen.

Breathe. Stop worrying about things that happened in the past, because they're going to distract you from what needs to happen in the present and future.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You've fallen down the rabbit hole that is sometimes the norm at FA.

Please use a bit of your savings to have a consultation with an attorney. However, if you have an existing custody order, and you've previously brought these issues before the court, you cannot bring them up again. They're not relevant to the future.

And please realize that Dad MUST show a change in the CHILD'S circumstances in order to change custody - AND the court is very unlikely to order anything outside the IPTG without an agreement between the parents. Obviously, that agreement isn't going to happen.

Breathe. Stop worrying about things that happened in the past, because they're going to distract you from what needs to happen in the present and future.
Actually she has fallen down the rabbit hole of her own ignorance. She brought up everything in the past and was told it was not relevant and the reasons why. She then decided I was rude for telling her why they were not relevant. I also told her to seek counsel and get an attorney because her mistakes COULD cost her custody but if she is educated and fights this properly I agree that it will be very unlikely for things to change. If dad has an attorney and she doesn't, she will be sunk because she refuses to learn anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">