• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

keepingmyheadup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyjeff

yeah... unfortunately, I tend to be cynical about this....

I hope she is so involved with her child that we come in as a very low priority...

But it would be nice to know about a win once in a while...

wileybunch

yeah... unfortunately, I tend to be cynical about this....

I hope she is so involved with her child that we come in as a very low priority...

But it would be nice to know about a win once in a while...
The child has to sleep some time!

cyjeff

The child has to sleep some time!
Yeah... but if mom hasn't been used to dealing with a hyperactive 4 year old that is dealing with a lot of stuff right now, I am betting mommy is sleeping right next to her...

Probably, literally.

wileybunch

Yeah... but if mom hasn't been used to dealing with a hyperactive 4 year old that is dealing with a lot of stuff right now, I am betting mommy is sleeping right next to her...

Probably, literally.
Well, I'm not betting that. In the course of 3 days, there would have been at least some opportunity to update the people that she sought this intense help from and like was noticed on Friday, she was logged in later in the day after the posts predicting she would not get the child were posted that she had to have seen.

I have "hyperactive" twins (literally, dx ADHD) and work full time and would have still managed to pop off at least a one-liner -- "I got her. Will post more when I have time" or "I tried and I didn't get her. Will post more when I have time."

This entire post took me <60 secs to write.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I'm usually suspicious when a person's actions don't match the level of desperation, determination, or resolve of their statements.

Show of hands, parents--if someone had your child and wouldn't give him back, would you spend all day online venting about your problems, or would there be a big you-shaped hole in the front door of the person who had your child? I understand her initial problem was that she thought she had no choice, but after the first two or three "go get your child" posts, I would have expected to hear the sound of her front door slamming before her "thanks" post cleared the board.

Maybe I'm just getting too cynical in my old age.

cyjeff

I'm usually suspicious when a person's actions don't match the level of desperation, determination, or resolve of their statements.

Show of hands, parents--if someone had your child and wouldn't give him back, would you spend all day online venting about your problems, or would there be a big you-shaped hole in the front door of the person who had your child? I understand her initial problem was that she thought she had no choice, but after the first two or three "go get your child" posts, I would have expected to hear the sound of her front door slamming before her "thanks" post cleared the board.

Maybe I'm just getting too cynical in my old age.
Ma'am, if all I had to fight off the people that took my kids were my bare hands and a kitchen chair, I would have burst in there like an off Broadway version of Siegfried and Roy.

Zephyr

Ma'am, if all I had to fight off the people that took my kids were my bare hands and a kitchen chair, I would have burst in there like an off Broadway version of Siegfried and Roy.
I'm with you......I'd probably have my broom handy

The thing I am worried about cause I followed her story, is that she went to get child and since Gma knew everyone, she was arrested... Gosh sometimes I hate podunk towns!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">