• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

keepingmyheadup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

summerdawn

If she actually went to consult with an attorney like she said, do you think there is a chance her attorney may have advised her not to update about her case anymore while sheis in the process of trying to fight for her child?

LdiJ

If she actually went to consult with an attorney like she said, do you think there is a chance her attorney may have advised her not to update about her case anymore while sheis in the process of trying to fight for her child?
That's not impossible...but I think along the lines of everyone else...I don't think she even tried to get her child. I also think that's probably why she didn't come back.

Unless of course it wasn't mom posting at all, but the grandparents posting to see what kind of advice they would get.

cmtx2

What if she was a troll just out to get us all worked up? Is it sick...yes, but does it happen, yes.

Wow, i've turned into a pesimistic person.

pa1981

I'm usually suspicious when a person's actions don't match the level of desperation, determination, or resolve of their statements.

Show of hands, parents--if someone had your child and wouldn't give him back, would you spend all day online venting about your problems, or would there be a big you-shaped hole in the front door of the person who had your child? I understand her initial problem was that she thought she had no choice, but after the first two or three "go get your child" posts, I would have expected to hear the sound of her front door slamming before her "thanks" post cleared the board.

Maybe I'm just getting too cynical in my old age.
I thought the exact same thing, but gave her the benefit of the doubt just in case.

I hear alot of that stuff from my sister. It got easier when I realized that most of the time she wanted a plausable excuse for doing what she wanted that still made her out to be a concerned mom. Part of me suspected that keepingmyheadup was just trying to reassure herself that she did what she could to get her daughter back, so when people ask why she doesn't have her daughter she can blame gramma for railroading her.

The part about "buying" the kid hit me differently than most of you guys as well. Think about it: the mother leaves the kid for two years to pay off her debts. I can see the grandparents in their panic actually thinking "WE just love our grandchild. SHE cares more about money so maybe she'll leave us alone if we give her alot of it..." It really gave me pause because right or wrong the grandparents must have thought the poster would accept the offer, or else they wouldn't have offered it. I guess you can take it either way...I'd be horribly offended, but I'd also ask what in the Hell I did to give them the impression that I would entertain such an offer. It's like someone mistaking you for a hooker...it's still not right, but you do kinda have to ask yourself if you really wanna give off that impression.

I hope whatever happens that the child is OK. I hope for keepingmyheadups sake that I just read way too much into this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">