• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kohl's sold diamond $10,000 less accidentally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

There was no collusion or conspiracy with the sales person. It was more like $7,000 dollar difference if sales were taken into account. I'm not sure anyone could prove intent, maybe I thought it was costume? The transaction occurred almost six months ago?
Hey, it's your time in prison, not mine. You do whatever you want.

and while you argue no collusion; tell that to the jury.

justalayman

What law was broken and how?
theft because you took the merchandise without paying what you knew was the actual price. The clerks error does not remove that requirement. That is why I asked about whether you knew there was an error or not.

LeeHarveyBlotto

The thread is so long I am confused what part you were "the answer is yes"
You asked if anyone could answer your original question. Go back and look at your original question, and apply my answer.

So is there some reason you're concerned at this point that your crime (and yes, you committed a crime) has been discovered, or just idle curiosity?

pikepole

You asked if anyone could answer your original question. Go back and look at your original question, and apply my answer.

So is there some reason you're concerned at this point that your crime (and yes, you committed a crime) has been discovered, or just idle curiosity?
Idle curiosity. Consumer laws and correctly marking retail in Illinois have stringent requirements for the retailer and seem to benefit the consumer. Most Big Box stores honor their mistakes outright.

I was just looking for a "legal" answer. I understand the ethical and moral obligations surrounding the decision made.

LeeHarveyBlotto

Idle curiosity. Consumer laws and correctly marking retail in Illinois have stringent requirements for the retailer and seem to benefit the consumer. Most Big Box stores honor their mistakes outright.

I was just looking for a "legal" answer. I understand the ethical and moral obligations surrounding the decision made.
and you've received it by several posters, and the answer has been consistently the same and correct. However, you've decided, based on the quote above, that all of us are wrong. I won't be participating, but possibly will be forwarding this thread to Kohl's.

pikepole

and you've received it by several posters, and the answer has been consistently the same and correct. However, you've decided, based on the quote above, that all of us are wrong. I won't be participating, but possibly will be forwarding this thread to Kohl's.
I have not decided anyone was wrong. I just asked. BTW Two posters or one other beside you.

pikepole

Only a troll would ask this question. Mods please lock this thread. Esteemed Colleagues, please stop feeding the troll.

Thanks.
So someone comes to a board ask a sincere question while answering every poster's questions and is called a troll. Wow what a forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">