• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landloard is telling me to pay another $38.00 and fill out the application to rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

Irrelevant, and were I to be in the same situation I would accept the rent payment, cash it and give the “occupant” her 30 day notice. Occupant or guest it would take just as long to be eject her.
The poster is not an occupant or a guest.

She is month to month tenant.

The landlord could have avoided this tenancy by being on top of their game.

You are being a landlord apologist. This neglectful landlord does not enjoy special rights because they dropped the ball when the lease expired and their half ass attempt to set it right with a fee or some punitive nonsense is retarded.

The only right they have is to demand 30 days. Anything else they must negotiate.

Alaska landlord

The poster is not an occupant or a guest.

She is month to month tenant.

The landlord could have avoided this tenancy by being on top of their game.

You are being a landlord apologist. This neglectful landlord does not enjoy special rights because they dropped the ball when the lease expired and their half ass attempt to set it right with a fee or some punitive nonsense is retarded.

The only right they have is to demand 30 days. Anything else they must negotiate.
It doesn’t matter what you want to call her. The fact is that she is an illegal occupant that that may have achieved tenant status due to the landlord not being aware of her occupancy of the unit, or by the landlord’s inaction to address the issue of her occupancy.

It would be interesting to know just how many units are in those apartments to determine if the landlord was indeed negligent in enforcing his lease contract or whether knowing every tenant was a next to impossible task.

Xylene; don’t know what you problem is, but I hope you get over it.

xylene

It doesn’t matter what you want to call her. The fact is that she is an illegal occupant that that may have achieved tenant status due to the landlord not being aware of her occupancy of the unit, or by the landlord’s inaction to address the issue of her occupancy.

It would be interesting to know just how many units are in those apartments to determine if the landlord was indeed negligent in enforcing his lease contract or whether knowing every tenant was a next to impossible task.

Xylene; don’t know what you problem is, but I hope you get over it.
I have no problems. I do enjoy the factual truth.

All of your counter arguments are incorrect.

The landlord was aware of the posters occupancy.

The lease was not violated - it expired. If it was violated, the failure to act on it while in force makes that mooter than moot.

The landlord (like a bonehead) created a M2M tenancy with the poster by accepting rent in her name.

Now she has tenant rights as an M2M tenant. She IS a tenant. Not some "illegal occupant" BS. This landlord is not going to be able back pedal some fee or hallucinatory damages.

The rights and duties of the respective parties are well spelled out in the LT law. ;)

reenzz

Both of you are getting off the point.

OP is trying to force the landlord to put her on the lease. Claiming landlord was in violation of some law for not doing so. No such law exists and I've check WA state landlord/tenant laws.

Also, OP claims she's made all rental payments...but does she actually have proof of such?

OP does not want to spend the $38.00 to find out she's not qualified to be on the lease....thus forcing the landlords hand to evict both un-authorized tenant and authorized tenant with a 30 day notice.

A side note to Xylene....just because the lease as expired, does not mean that it's original terms are not still in place....and enforcable. This is common knowledge for any landlord/tenant on a lease that converts to a month to month.

dwells

First off, I'm a renter.
You aren't on the lease. It doesn't matter who pays, the person on the lease is getting credit for the payment. Period.
$35 is a decent credit check/rental app fee. You were denied the first time. That's out the door.
Your daughter and you are guests and don't have a right to use facilities that the rental properties allow renters to use.
Every property I rented with a pool had a use at your own risk clause that I the renter signed. It sort of protects them. You didn't sign anything.
Your rights are that you aren't entitled to any use of the property since you aren't a tenant.
Since you know your rights, pay the $38, hope your credit is up to speed and get on the lease.
Never argue with someone you hope will rent to you.

What is the name of your state? WA

Landloard is telling me to pay another $38.00 and fill out the application to rent document.

Explain: My Fiance rented the apartment in sept. 2006 - My daughter and I moved in with him that same month - (9/06) -

The Landlord stated I had to pay $38.00 and fill out the rental application, so I did.
I was told later that my credit was bad and they were not putting me on the lease.
(Well I believe its against the law to have someone in your place and not on a lease after 30days)

I LIVE IN KING COUNTY

Well, so not to cause any waves, I never argured with the Landlord, until the day came and she told my daughter to get out of the pool because she is only a guest and guests arn't allowed by themselfs.
So I went into her office and began to explain that no matter what, she knows that my daughter is under 18, you don't ever speak to my child, further more, I am the one, and have been the only one paying the rent for that apartment... (Boyfriend had to have surgey, etc)
So the landlord stated she didn't care where the money came from and no way is she putting me on the lease.
So i did explain before I polite left her office w/daughter - I explained that no matter what, I do know my rights, if I wasn't working so much than I would take the time to show her what they really are. As far as not puting me on that lease, she has done an illegal action, but for the better part, I was going to leave it as it was, unless she feels brave enough to try and speak to my daughter again, or make her feel less than in front of anyone ever again.

So Now, she (landlord) gives my Fiance another Application for Rent Doc. and tells him to have me fill it out again, write another check for $38.00 and take her my ID..

WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN? I HAVE LIVED HERE SINCE 9/06 - NEVER MOVED OUT OR BEEN GONE FROM APARTMENT LONGER THAN 3 DAYS.

QUIT HONESTLY, i DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BE PAYING FOR IT AGAIN.

Thanks,
Tiffany DeSeguirant

Alaska landlord

First off, I'm a renter.
You aren't on the lease. It doesn't matter who pays, the person on the lease is getting credit for the payment. Period.
$35 is a decent credit check/rental app fee. You were denied the first time. That's out the door.
Your daughter and you are guests and don't have a right to use facilities that the rental properties allow renters to use.
Every property I rented with a pool had a use at your own risk clause that I the renter signed. It sort of protects them. You didn't sign anything.
Your rights are that you aren't entitled to any use of the property since you aren't a tenant.
Since you know your rights, pay the $38, hope your credit is up to speed and get on the lease.
Never argue with someone you hope will rent to you.
Finally someone with common sense.

Pools are a great liability even with legal tenants. Undocumented tenants with chips on their shoulders who let their children play in the pool without supervision are simply unacceptable.

dwells

I'm a decent person to rent to but renters like the OP make it hard for us decent people.

Finally someone with common sense.

Pools are a great liability even with legal tenants. Undocumented tenants with chips on their shoulders who let their children play in the pool without supervision are simply unacceptable.

TDeseguirant01

Wow Read This Please

1st Off.....
The Landlord has known of me being onsite since day 1. Of corse also my daughter two. Now Day 1, I paid the $38.00 dollars, denied due to not enough credit, and poor credit history. After that is when She, (Landlord) put my daughters name and mine on the mailbox, had me sign the paperwork for the pool etc. and made sure I had a copy of the lease. Now we had a 9 month lease that had started in Sept. 06, never signed another lease since. AND Yes I signed the org. Lease, but my name is NOT on the lease?? Wierd, I know.
Also, my Daughter was with one of her firends and her Mother at the damn pool, so she was with someone that is legally on the lease..
Furthermore, she has allways known of me being here, her husband is the maintence man who has given me lots of pointers about filling my taxes and working from home!
NOW...
LT Law does state something about tenency is King County, (Seattle Area) and NOT being able to evict inn just 30 days or lease. There are two places like that, Seattle & new York.

Furthermore:
I ONLY bitch back when it has come to that!!

CourtClerk

NOW...
LT Law does state something about tenency is King County, (Seattle Area) and NOT being able to evict inn just 30 days or lease. There are two places like that, Seattle & new York.
I'd rather you post the law instead of your interpretation of the law, because from your other posts, we can already see that you don't have your head screwed on tightly and have a lot more problems that you can handle.

Speaking of problems you can't handle.... go get your kid together. The majority of her problem is her mother.

Cvillecpm

KUDOS Dwells!!!!

OP is not in the real world with regard to her situation and it is unfortunate that it will effect her daughter and most probably her attitude.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">