• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws regarding (potentially) vicious dogs in apartments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

That's exactly what the owners of the dog said after it put me in hospital needing reconstructive surgery to my face when I was 7.
I still have the mental and physical scars to this day.
Sometimes it is impossible to know in advance that a dog is dangerous. There is always a first bite.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That's exactly what the owners of the dog said after it put me in hospital needing reconstructive surgery to my face when I was 7.
I still have the mental and physical scars to this day.
The point I was making was that there is no such thing as a "friendly" dog bark, as the OP alluded to. A dog's bark is a dog's bark.

JakobOhio

true - but (as much as people hate it) we are not talking about "homes" which would make sense. Apartments are a community environment. Simple as that, in a home, you do not share your garbage, garage, laundry, garage etc. with your neighbor. Therefore if they feel they need a dog to "protect" them in a community environment, maybe that community is not a good fit for them and they should seek a condo or house. IMHO.
honestly, it sounds like you need a new line of work if this is making you this worked up.

If i was the owner of this complex, this would alarm me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">