• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal aid for child support and unwanted child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhoyt

I am seeking legal aid in a child support case. I reside in Idaho, the child and mother resides in Oregon. I opted for an abortion as our only source of recourse. Reasons being; when the relationship was entered it was agreed that we were not to have children (using spermicidal and condoms as protection), at the time I was unemployed, the mother a stripper and part time employee in retail, neither of us had any source of medical or sustainable income for ourselves let alone another. The mother has acknowledged that I ordered an abortion of the fetus when it was learned she was pregnant. The mother is now once again pregnant and on welfare assistance. Showing that she still cannot support herself let alone another.

The mother was having endometriosis surgery during this period and unknown to me fertility treatments along with it. If I had known this, the relationship would have ended prior to the pregnancy.

Currently I am self-employed as a window washer. I go from business to business knocking on doors in hopes of cleaning their windows for a very nominal fee (enough to put food on my table) with no hopes or outlook of employment. What are the legal ramifications of being self-employed with child support, what assets if any are open to liens, what is the math used to determine percentage for child support and medical, and how can I protect myself so I can grow? Can medical and child care payments be garnished?

The child support is in the amount of 414.00 a month plus 72% of all medical expenses and childcare. I dispute any of the above as my civil rights to freedom and pursuit of happiness have been taken away from me thru the inaction of the mother (abortion), and am now being extorted for the above mentioned amount. The child support dollar amount is taken from what was termed “potential income” of $2333.11 a month as a computer tech. I was a computer tech, however I was fired for poor performance.

I am now married and looking to not only protect myself but my wife’s assets. She has a career, a house and a vehicle that should not be included. How do I protect her and what are her rights?

My rights and civil liberties have been violated; I had no say in the case of birth. As it is equal part her and me, should I not have equal part in it’s becoming. A man should be able to keep the child if so desired when a woman wants an abortion, the man should also be able to abort himself from the child if the woman wishes to keep it against the mans will. Has this ever been contested? What steps are needed to contest it? Would the ACLU be able to help?

Roe v Wade protects the woman’s right to an abortion and her freedoms. What protects a man? If all men and women are all created equally and we all enjoy the pursuit of happiness and freedom; then why the inequality between women’s rights and men’s rights, where is the justice?

The old adage of a man should keep it in his pants is not applicable when proper measures have used to not create the said child. When the woman knowingly uses fertility treatments and the gets pregnant, without other parties’ involved consent or knowledge how is it the man’s responsibility? When are women going to be held accountable for their own actions?

S

seniorjudge

bhoyt said:
I am seeking legal aid in a child support case. I reside in Idaho, the child and mother resides in Oregon. I opted for an abortion as our only source of recourse. Reasons being; when the relationship was entered it was agreed that we were not to have children (using spermicidal and condoms as protection), at the time I was unemployed, the mother a stripper and part time employee in retail, neither of us had any source of medical or sustainable income for ourselves let alone another. The mother has acknowledged that I ordered an abortion of the fetus when it was learned she was pregnant. The mother is now once again pregnant and on welfare assistance. Showing that she still cannot support herself let alone another.

The mother was having endometriosis surgery during this period and unknown to me fertility treatments along with it. If I had known this, the relationship would have ended prior to the pregnancy.

Currently I am self-employed as a window washer. I go from business to business knocking on doors in hopes of cleaning their windows for a very nominal fee (enough to put food on my table) with no hopes or outlook of employment. What are the legal ramifications of being self-employed with child support, what assets if any are open to liens, what is the math used to determine percentage for child support and medical, and how can I protect myself so I can grow? Can medical and child care payments be garnished?

The child support is in the amount of 414.00 a month plus 72% of all medical expenses and childcare. I dispute any of the above as my civil rights to freedom and pursuit of happiness have been taken away from me thru the inaction of the mother (abortion), and am now being extorted for the above mentioned amount. The child support dollar amount is taken from what was termed “potential income” of $2333.11 a month as a computer tech. I was a computer tech, however I was fired for poor performance.

I am now married and looking to not only protect myself but my wife’s assets. She has a career, a house and a vehicle that should not be included. How do I protect her and what are her rights?

My rights and civil liberties have been violated; I had no say in the case of birth. As it is equal part her and me, should I not have equal part in it’s becoming. A man should be able to keep the child if so desired when a woman wants an abortion, the man should also be able to abort himself from the child if the woman wishes to keep it against the mans will. Has this ever been contested? What steps are needed to contest it? Would the ACLU be able to help?

Roe v Wade protects the woman’s right to an abortion and her freedoms. What protects a man? If all men and women are all created equally and we all enjoy the pursuit of happiness and freedom; then why the inequality between women’s rights and men’s rights, where is the justice?

The old adage of a man should keep it in his pants is not applicable when proper measures have used to not create the said child. When the woman knowingly uses fertility treatments and the gets pregnant, without other parties’ involved consent or knowledge how is it the man’s responsibility? When are women going to be held accountable for their own actions?

Shut up and pay your child support.

nextwife

Look, if you REALLY didn't want kids, why didn't you have a vasectomy? You could have had some sperm batches frozen IN case you ever got your financial act together.

Although I DO agree that having fertility treatments while with a partner that clearly doesn't want kids AND while one is not themselves financially (nor, obviously emotionally) prepared to support a child is a despicable deception. They don't let parents who want to adopt get assistance in expanding their family until they can AFFORD kids. I really question the wisdom of assisted fertility when the partner does not wish a family. Reproductive assistance should only occur when both parties agree.

Last edited:
The old adage of a man should keep it in his pants is not applicable when proper measures have used to not create the said child.

The only foolproof measure to prevent the creation of a child is abstinence. Don't pull that civil rights crap now. You waived your right not to have a child when you unzipped your pants.

misslawli

You are gonna have to step up and take responsability for your actions. You say why doesn't she have to take responsability, but she is the one raising the kid that you have made clear that you don't want. The court system doesn't care that you don't want to get a job, They just want the child supported by 2 parents. You can file for visitaion, but think about the child. It is obvious you don't want the child around. I know I grew up with a parent that made it clear they should have had me aborted. It has caused alot of emotional problems for me...think of the effect. If you really want to try to be a good dad, file for visitation. Get to know your child.

"The old adage of a man should keep it in his pants is not applicable when proper measures have used to not create the said child." The only proper measure that is 100% fool proof is abstinence. No matter what measures you take reguarding protection, you run the risk of pregnancy and WORSE every time you have sex. You are now both being held responsable for your actions.

Granted her trying was pretty cr@ppy,but it happens. Maybe she would have gotten pregnant with out all the procedures. My son is a true testament that miracles do happen. I was told at 19 that due to a serious injury, odds of me ever getting pg were very slim, it was a possibility, but slim. I was on birth control (just incase) and we used condoms (I like being disease free). Nothing, NOTHING IS 100%!! He saved me when I was at a bad place in my life and the best thing in my life.

Also, the legalities of the situation are that you could not force her to have an abortion. That is her choice only. That is the law. The time for you to decide whether or not you could handle a baby is before sex. That's just the way it is. You learned the hard way but now you know. If you try to make a civil liberties case oout of it, you will probably get laughed at and be told the same things we have told you.

Last edited:

AHA

You have no legal ground for "ordering" an abortion when it's not even your body it concerens. If you don't want kids, don't have sex. The kid didn't ask to be born, so you'll just have to find a better paying job or several less paying jobs and provide for the child you have created. You are stuck with the parental responsibility now for a very long time.

did they do a potential income on her? Do you know how much money strippers make?? Mucho bucks. Unless of course she is homely. Maybe that's why she lives on welfare now.

bhoyt

thank you for zll the thoughtful assistance

While I found this board titled free advice, I did not realize it was a flame board as well. Warm regards to all the thoughtful people who have responded thus far. Now if anyone can step forward with some actual advise as to the situation mentioned...please step forward and do so. If not I obviously care not for your opinions.

nagol818

They are saying there is nothing you can do but step up to the plate and work harder to support your child.

This board doesn't look kindly towards anyone who is trying to skip out on supporting the child and that is what you portray. It's not about the mother to them-it's about the child. Show them good integrity towards this child and you may feel "helped" more.

But, hey, that's just my advice.

misslawli

Excuse us. We gave you a Legal answer to your situation. This website is for legal advice. Not advice on how to get out of your legal and moral obligations. We won't teach you how to be a deadbeat, nor will we tell you how horrible this woman is for doing you wrong. YOU took the risk, now it's time to pay the consequences. We don't tell "men" how to beat the law. The truth of the matter is you need to grow up, get a real job and TAKE RESPONSABILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. You asked why she wasn't being held responsable for her actions? What about you.
I answered your post. I was as nice as possible. Nicer than most. Deal with it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LdiJ

I am sorry...but the minute that you said that you had "ordered" an abortion, you pretty much lost everybody on this sight....and it would be no different any other place you went on the net.

A child exists. You are the dad. You have two choices. You can either just be chased all your life for child support and end up paying it one way or the other....even if you are still paying arrearages when your child has grandchildren...sigh....

Or you can step up to the plate now...and be a dad with all the rights AND responsibilities...and actually KNOW your child and your grandchildren.

Its your choice...but be careful, you could be losing something very precious.

S

seniorjudge

bhoyt said:
While I found this board titled free advice, I did not realize it was a flame board as well. Warm regards to all the thoughtful people who have responded thus far. Now if anyone can step forward with some actual advise as to the situation mentioned...please step forward and do so. If not I obviously care not for your opinions.
You are welcome.

Re-reading all the posts, I see that I have given you the best, most correct, and most legal advice:

Shut up and pay your child support.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Except she's right. Even using birth control, there is always a chance of pregnancy. So once you decide to play, you have to realize that paying is a realistic possibility.

S

seniorjudge

legalcuriosity said:
That's not the point. It's past the point of overkill when someone like her, who already has a bias, spouts that bullcrap. I unzipped my pants to take a leak, so does that automatically make me responsible if some chick gets pregnant, even though we didn't have sex?

I am not siding with the guy (even though I feel some remorse for him for the evil deception that woman did), but save us the "holy rollers" attitude stepmom&mom.
Let me guess: you flunked logic, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">