• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lethal self defense without a gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
All right, since you need it spelled out for you. I would use every possible means to escape the situation without using the gun.

Happy now?

Keith502

All right, since you need it spelled out for you. I would use every possible means to escape the situation without using the gun.

Happy now?
Haven't you ever heard of the "castle doctrine"? Don't you think that would apply in this situation?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, I have heard of the castle doctrine. I have also heard of stand your ground laws. I am not willing to put myself in a position of having to defend myself from a murder charge by depending on either one. But this isn't about me, Keith - this is about you and your obsession with killing your landlord over something that happened several years ago.

Stop it. Now.

Keith502

Yes, I have heard of the castle doctrine. I have also heard of stand your ground laws. I am not willing to put myself in a position of having to defend myself from a murder charge by depending on either one. But this isn't about me, Keith - this is about you and your obsession with killing your landlord over something that happened several years ago.

Stop it. Now.
That's interesting. So what you're saying is that if you were being attacked in your home by an intruder, your immediate focus would be on the legal ramifications of your actions in the future rather than dealing with the threat at hand. If you fear the law more than you fear for your own safety, then I have to strongly disagree with your philosophy of the law.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, there's always also the fact that I do not own a gun and there are no circumstances whatsoever under which I would have a gun in my house. So the situation is unlikely to present itself.

Eekamouse

Here's a thought that will make all your queries moot - Move. Move out of your apartment and find an apartment where the landlord is not, in your opinion, crazy. Why stay in a place where you have to ask these questions? You know he's crazy. Move.

quincy

Here's a thought that will make all your queries moot - Move. Move out of your apartment and find an apartment where the landlord is not, in your opinion, crazy. Why stay in a place where you have to ask these questions? You know he's crazy. Move.
It is not his current landlord. It is a former landlord.

Eekamouse

Then why is he even asking these questions? His problem has been solved. OP needs to get over it and move on but I concur with other in that OP could benefit from a mental health evaluation.

quincy

Then why is he even asking these questions? His problem has been solved. OP needs to get over it and move on but I concur with other in that OP could benefit from a mental health evaluation.
He is asking questions because the moderator has not yet stopped him. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">