• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Losing 100% owned home to delinquent real estate taxes, to an auction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

There is a lot of help out there, in other words. You just need to ask for it.

But I recommend you do not waste any time.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
The VFW also offers emergency financial assistance. https://www.vfw.org/assistance

Also -- there are legitimate work from home (not MLMs) opportunities. Check out https://www.instantteams.com/ - they focus on helping military and veteran spouses find remote work. U-haul also hires remote workers. Truly -- if he's 60% disabled, then chances are he's capable of holding down some sort of job. Or at the least, YOU should be working.

justalayman

You have to consider this; if the house is sold at auction you will have to find and pay for housing. That is going to be much more expensive that just taxes on your home. I can’t tell you how to fix your problem but if don’t find a way, your housing costs will go way up and based on your situation, you won’t be able to afford that at all.

Your taxes are less than $125 per month. If you can’t afford that I fear you will simply be homeless.

gryndor

I know that from an investment angle, one can “buy” tax liens. You’d take on a loan to be paid with interest or else be able to foreclose on the home yourself if the homeowners defaulted. I don’t know how to hop into the mix as the homeowner but I imagine a google search would be a good start.

adjusterjack

Go Fund Me is a good bet for piling up donations pretty quick. My sister got breast cancer a couple of years ago and couldn't work. Her friends started a Go Fund Me campaign, emailed everybody they knew. She got a few thousand in a few weeks and ended up with $15,000 after a couple of months. Go Fund Me takes a small percentage and you keep the rest.

You (or a close friend) sets it up for you. Emails go out to all your friends and relatives, everybody that your husband served with, all of your childrens' friends so they can get their parents to donate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">