• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying about income.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2boys

nicetryadmin said:
Well you seem to have had all of the answers to begin with. So, WTF did you come here?? :rolleyes:

How quickly you forget...YOU are the one who was claiming he was lying. So if you believe he is, then it's up to YOU to prove it. I thought it was pretty simple to comprehend.... :rolleyes:
:) I have to say. I've read some of your responses to other people and I'll just say I'm not surprised.

Don't worry you are under no obligation at all to respond to my post.

thanx. :)

BelizeBreeze

2boys said:
Yes both the car and the house are in his name. I looked up the deed on the county auditor's page.
You said earlier "IF he pays it..."
Does this mean that he either owes back support or you anticipate that he will soon?

2boys

BelizeBreeze said:
You said earlier "IF he pays it..."
Does this mean that he either owes back support or you anticipate that he will soon?
yes, he owes back support and with the modification that came through there would be a bit more added to the arrears he owes.
He pays sometimes and that's usually when I've called the support worker and she puts his driver's license on suspension.Then he'll pay enough to have something on the books.

BelizeBreeze

2boys said:
yes, he owes back support and with the modification that came through there would be a bit more added to the arrears he owes.
He pays sometimes and that's usually when I've called the support worker and she puts his driver's license on suspension.Then he'll pay enough to have something on the books.
Then, depending on the amount I would contact the child support office to place a lien on his home and/or auto until all arrears are brought up to day.

2boys

BelizeBreeze said:
Then, depending on the amount I would contact the child support office to place a lien on his home and/or auto until all arrears are brought up to day.
Ah! okay. Thanx
I'm thinking, I'd prolly have to do that after the court case after all, because the child support office reviewer kept stressing just how much thier hands are tied on these matters and how they do not have the resources.

ok, thank you everyone, I have made a decision. thanx again.

2boys

Well, well, well. the update is that NCP filed an objection about the increase in child support that was ordered.

And I have been informed that with no agreement at the hearing, it will move on to court. For some reason I don't think it's in his best interests to go to court. Somehow I think he should have taken the deal that he was given by CSEA, but we'll see.
If I go this route, I won't have to pay the costs to file the case, those will be paid by CSEA.

He deposited a check once, I saw it by mistake, and it had the stamp of a church organization or a church where he is supposedly the Pastor. I don't think that's the information he provided to CSEA and I think they know that but need the weight of the court to dig deeper.

Last edited:

Mediate This!

2boys said:
Well, well, well. the update is that NCP filed an objection about the increase in child support that was ordered.

And I have been informed that with no agreement at the hearing, it will move on to court. For some reason I don't think it's in his best interests to go to court. Somehow I think he should have taken the deal that he was given by CSEA, but we'll see.
If I go this route, I won't have to pay the costs to file the case, those will be paid by CSEA.

He deposited a check once, I saw it by mistake, and it had the stamp of a church organization or a church where he is supposedly the Pastor. I don't think that's the information he provided to CSEA and I think they know that but need the weight of the court to dig deeper.
It's his right to appeal the decision of CSEA. Everyone has that right. Also, if he provided what was legally required to provide to CSEA for a modification, then they are satisfied. If you believe that is not the correct information he is providing, then you need to prove it. Don't expect CSEA to do anymore than they're supposed to. They can barely do the basics of their job -- and correctly at that.

2boys

Mediate This! said:
It's his right to appeal the decision of CSEA. Everyone has that right. Also, if he provided what was legally required to provide to CSEA for a modification, then they are satisfied. If you believe that is not the correct information he is providing, then you need to prove it. Don't expect CSEA to do anymore than they're supposed to. They can barely do the basics of their job -- and correctly at that.
:) Ta
a) didn't say it wasn't his right.

b) didn't say I expected anyone to do anything for me. I had a conversation with an officer. I have less than adequate finances at the moment and he is about to make sure he contributes even less. I am facing a fight on my own, I have no attorney or anything because I can't afford one.

thefid

fairisfair said:
I would be more interested to know if the car and house are in his name.
Just talk to any realtor, they will have the information on the house loan, it is public record. Got a friend in the business? Just ask them to look up the address.

As for the CS issue, the best way to find out is take him to court for a re-evaluation of CS... subpoena his paystub and tada... you may wish to check your state laws regarding how often and for what reasons you can modify the support.

**edit** hmm, maybe I should have kept reading... you already did all this. Well, I can suggest reading all your state laws on the topic of divorce. I did, it was quite an eye opener, yet makes for a very boring read.

thefid

Last edited by a moderator:

2boys

thefid said:
Just talk to any realtor, they will have the information on the house loan, it is public record. Got a friend in the business? Just ask them to look up the address.

As for the CS issue, the best way to find out is take him to court for a re-evaluation of CS... subpoena his paystub and tada... you may wish to check your state laws regarding how often and for what reasons you can modify the support.

thefid

I saw the deed and everything on the County Auditor's website, all the property details and everything, so yeah the house is in his name and it certainly wasn't a gift, lol.
I'm letting him have his time to appeal the modification that was made and then we'll go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mediate This!

2boys said:
:) Ta
a) didn't say it wasn't his right.

b) didn't say I expected anyone to do anything for me. I had a conversation with an officer. I have less than adequate finances at the moment and he is about to make sure he contributes even less. I am facing a fight on my own, I have no attorney or anything because I can't afford one.
I wouldn't hold too much on what an "officer" at CSEA says. You also don't know for sure where he is employed and you also didn't sound certain whether he provided CSEA with the correct information. If he didn't, you would know! ;) Since your ex is appealing it, the court will look at what was ordered, so it'll either remain the same or go down -- unless you provide further documentation that he's not being truthful (additional income that wasn't reported to CSEA during hearing).

gemini76

get a lawyer, im going through the same thing right now, the only reason he hasnt gotten away with it so far is because of my lawyer. before i had a lawyer, my x brought in a paper saying he made such and such and the court didnt even look into it, now that i have a lawyer, the tables have turned, now the judge told him he doesnt have enough proof that he only makes that little amount and wants all of his business records.

nextwife

2boys said:
Thanx thefid.
I saw the deed and everything on the County Auditor's website, all the property details and everything, so yeah the house is in his name and it certainly wasn't a gift, lol.
I'm letting him have his time to appeal the modification that was made and then we'll go from there.
Really, the value of the house is really NOT an indicator of income.

It is the MORTGAGE that he qualified for that reflects income.

Example, I alone own a house worth about $325,000, but my mortgage (and mortgage payment) is very small because I have a lot of equity. I don't need a large income to qualify for the mortgage I have. So, let's say mom, gave him a big DP, he could own the house WITHOUT having a big income to support the payment. Also, if the mortgage has a co-borrower, then the qualifying was based on a secondary income of another party.

2boys

Mediate This! said:
I wouldn't hold too much on what an "officer" at CSEA says. You also don't know for sure where he is employed and you also didn't sound certain whether he provided CSEA with the correct information. If he didn't, you would know! ;) Since your ex is appealing it, the court will look at what was ordered, so it'll either remain the same or go down -- unless you provide further documentation that he's not being truthful (additional income that wasn't reported to CSEA during hearing).
mmmm, ok. I have no problem with submitting what I have when the time is appropriate, not before or after, only when it is appropriate, which would be in a court of law. CSEA has already told me what they can and cannot do and therefore I'll proceed from there.

Oh, believe me. he is employed. lol.
I'm not uncertain that the amount of income that he showed to CSEA (he gets acopy which shows how much I make per year, I get a copy which shows how much he says he makes a year) is a lie. I now KNOW it's a lie.

Him saying that he is self-employed is in the records and him not having paid taxes is in the records that both he and I got copies of.

But like I said, yes I now have the information that I needed to present in court when it finally gets there. I am willing to be patient, though.

2boys

gemini76 said:
get a lawyer, im going through the same thing right now, the only reason he hasnt gotten away with it so far is because of my lawyer. before i had a lawyer, my x brought in a paper saying he made such and such and the court didnt even look into it, now that i have a lawyer, the tables have turned, now the judge told him he doesnt have enough proof that he only makes that little amount and wants all of his business records.
I'll ask around, gemini, but even a payment plan with a lawyer at this point would bite into very necessary things for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">