• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying about income.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2boys

nextwife said:
Really, the value of the house is really NOT an indicator of income.

It is the MORTGAGE that he qualified for that reflects income.

Example, I alone own a house worth about $325,000, but my mortgage (and mortgage payment) is very small because I have a lot of equity. I don't need a large income to qualify for the mortgage I have. So, let's say mom, gave him a big DP, he could own the house WITHOUT having a big income to support the payment. Also, if the mortgage has a co-borrower, then the qualifying was based on a secondary income of another party.
ok.
it might be the big down payment then coz he certainly never owned a house before this, but what do I know, lol. And I doubt it was Mom. Mom has 13 children and 48+ grandkids she needs to look to, but he might be special.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
2boys said:
I'll ask around, gemini, but even a payment plan with a lawyer at this point would bite into very necessary things for the kids.
But there are attorneys where you are that take payments and credit cards and various other things. legal aide may be able to give you referrals if you dont qualify for their services.

Another thing you might want to do is call the local law school -- Ohio has several of them and ask to speak to their legal clinic. Even if the legal clinic does not handle divorces or custodies, they OR the family law professors might be able to give you the names of recent graduates who have passed the bar and are competent to handle your case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">