• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Men coming in while a woman is cleaning the men's rm. Is this harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHRoadwarrior

You probably also chew with your mouth open, smack your food and don't hold doors for those entering behind you.

You SERIOUSLY would walk in on your housekeeper cleaning your bathroom and use it right in front of her?
i would walk in, express my impending need and request her leave, to relieve. :D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not seeing either SH or an HWE. I'm not even seeing illegal retaliation.

I wonder what would happen if our poster said, 'I'm sorry, the rest room is closed for a few minutes. You need to leave - I'll be out shortly'.

OHRoadwarrior

I wonder what would happen if our poster said, 'I'm sorry, the rest room is closed for a few minutes. You need to leave - I'll be out shortly'.
Or.... I will wait outside while you handle your business.

redwingnut25

So you're cleaning the bathroom and people are coming in and using the bathroom for the intended purpose? I hate to tell you this, but if I have to go, I don't care who is in the bathroom cleaning, I'm gonna go.
Dude, I am someone's daughter, wife, and mother, if nothing else I do deserve respect! Just because I clean **** house doesn't mean I deserve to be treated like one!

redwingnut25

I did that once to one of the men who then proceeded to yell at me for 5 minuets, and threatened to file grievance against me with his union.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one is saying you don't deserve respect. But I don't see someone being rude and using the restroom while it's closed as a sexual harassment issue. They're not doing or saying anything sexual - they're putting the restroom to the purpose to which it is intended; just at a time when they shouldn't be.

swalsh411

You probably also chew with your mouth open, smack your food and don't hold doors for those entering behind you.

You SERIOUSLY would walk in on your housekeeper cleaning your bathroom and use it right in front of her?
If there is a limited work break for taking care of business and one has to go potty what else would you propose they do? Pee in their pants?

And yes I would. I am not a prude. Everybody pees and poops.

davew128

I can and HAVE. If you have to go bad enough you have to go. What happens if you work in an office building where the restrooms otherwise require a key and you only have a key for the one being cleaned? I will also tell you that in every instance I have done this, the cleaner was astute enough to give me minute or two (three if number two) and allow me to do it while she waited outside. At some point performing this duty you need to be aware of the possibility that this can and will occur and act appropriately.

davew128

Dude, I am someone's daughter, wife, and mother, if nothing else I do deserve respect! Just because I clean **** house doesn't mean I deserve to be treated like one!
Then clearly you need to reevaluate your occupation because your perception doesnt quite mesh with the reality. When I use the restroom in this fashion IT'S BECAUSE I NEED TO USE IT. It has nothing to do with the person cleaning it or their gender.

swalsh411

Oh I am sooooooo sorry your feelings have been hurt because somebody had to use the toilet. Pardon me while I fetch a tissue.

P.S. The Oprah emotional support forums are next door. This is a legal advice forum.

redwingnut25

Oh I am sooooooo sorry your feelings have been hurt because somebody had to use the toilet. Pardon me while I fetch a tissue.

P.S. The Oprah emotional support forums are next door. This is a legal advice forum.
Exactly I thought this was a legal advice forum, and all of you act like the morons that I am talking about. Non of you have given any advice only moronic opinions. I don't clean the restrooms when it is their break time, there are other rest rooms they can use, and the whole problem is about harassment, not about sex. Some of these guys are little boys, they enjoy stuffing the toilets until they over flow, scatter toilet paper all over the floors, and wipe their behinds and throw it in the trash instead of the toilet. And I'm not worried about my feelings I hate Oprah!!!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Exactly I thought this was a legal advice forum, and all of you act like the morons that I am talking about. Non of you have given any advice only moronic opinions. I don't clean the restrooms when it is their break time, there are other rest rooms they can use, and the whole problem is about harassment, not about sex. Some of these guys are little boys, they enjoy stuffing the toilets until they over flow, scatter toilet paper all over the floors, and wipe their behinds and throw it in the trash instead of the toilet. And I'm not worried about my feelings I hate Oprah!!!
Alrighty then. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">