• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental illness of custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lopan122

Ohio. Hi sorry didnt know where to put this but i suspect the mother of my child(custodial parent) has mental illness. She seems highly unstable randomly and i need to know what options i have. I'm worried about my child's mental health with all the random anger (far as i know non physical) what i would call abuse. My daughter has gone as far as saying "she hates me" and tells me her mother yells at her over every minor thing remotely wrong she does(i've seen this firsthand when dropping her off, I.E. ,get in the van before i put my foot up your a**!! when giving me a goodbye hug yesterday, and calls my daughter a bitch and pretty much tells me shes grounded every time i pick her up but my daughter says she has no idea why(except this weekend when she said her mom pulled on her hair too hard when combing and she cried out apparently waking her sisters and is grounded for 9 days for doing so). There's much more but just wanted to give a general idea. Can i demand/request she get tested? thanks

LdiJ

Ohio. Hi sorry didnt know where to put this but i suspect the mother of my child(custodial parent) has mental illness. She seems highly unstable randomly and i need to know what options i have. I'm worried about my child's mental health with all the random anger (far as i know non physical) what i would call abuse. My daughter has gone as far as saying "she hates me" and tells me her mother yells at her over every minor thing remotely wrong she does(i've seen this firsthand when dropping her off, I.E. ,get in the van before i put my foot up your a**!! when giving me a goodbye hug yesterday, and calls my daughter a bitch and pretty much tells me shes grounded every time i pick her up but my daughter says she has no idea why(except this weekend when she said her mom pulled on her hair too hard when combing and she cried out apparently waking her sisters and is grounded for 9 days for doing so). There's much more but just wanted to give a general idea. Can i demand/request she get tested? thanks
That does not remotely sound like someone who is mentally ill. It sounds like someone who is very impatient, but not mentally ill.

lopan122

its just the tip of the iceburg a random example from yesterday. She is constantly going from being nice to for no reason at all yelling and screaming at everyone, i have heard it from many friends and neighbors of hers they tell me shes being verbally abusive twards my daughter for no reason saying shes acting normal 1 min and suddenly without anything to set her off yelling and threatening everyone and telling me shes acting unstable and i need to get my daughter away from her. I dont mean 1 or 2 people more like 10 have said this to me.

lopan122

many times i have had a wonderful weekend with my daughter and within 1 min of bringing her back she is crying cause her mom is cussing/yelling over something minor at her.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is your proof? People "telling" you isn't it.

gain - what PROOF do you have that she is mentally ill?

Perhaps it would be wise to speak with a local lawyer regarding what your courts may consider as proof?

lopan122

ok say i feel she is being verbally abusive and emotionally hurting her with some kind of proof what can i do

lopan122

fair enough but if i called 10 people who saw it and saw my daughter in tears afterwards over and over. im sorry but people in this post are acting like yelling cussing out etc are nothing im worried sick about my daughter we always have a great weekend then i bring back to her mom and shes in tears from yelling cussing out before i leave almost every time! nope cussing out and yelling are irreverent is what im getting glad she isnt your kid! how would you like it if you spend every weekend with kid not acting up and enjoying time and in at least and 10 seconds after dropping off shes in tears EVERY TIME! sorry but these replys basically saying thats ok is pissing me off

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
fair enough but if i called 10 people who saw it and saw my daughter in tears afterwards over and over. im sorry but people in this post are acting like yelling cussing out etc are nothing im worried sick about my daughter we always have a great weekend then i bring back to her mom and shes in tears from yelling cussing out before i leave almost every time! nope cussing out and yelling are irreverent is what im getting glad she isnt your kid! how would you like it if you spend every weekend with kid not acting up and enjoying time and in at least and 10 seconds after dropping off shes in tears EVERY TIME! sorry but these replys basically saying thats ok is pissing me off
I suppose you can just ignore the Ohio family law attorney who is responding to you...I mean, it's not like you can glean any useful information from her, can you?

Silverplum

Golly. You are"pissed off" because we don't tell you what you want to hear. Who has the "anger problem," really?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So have you put your daughter in counseling? Have you petitioned for your child to be in counseling? What have you done for your child except stand here and stomp your feet like someone having a temper tantrum? And no one said it was okay. However, yelling at a child is legal. Spanking a child in Ohio is legal. Neither is considered abuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">