• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Middle Schooler

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Strikes me that any dress code violation (which is what I assume the belt thing to be) is a no-brainer. Surely the parent in the house when the child leaves for school can ensure that the attire meets code. The issue with demerits not being signed... Kiddo needs to understand that it is not optional and has reached the point where it is not acceptable for him to "forget" to have them signed.

Were *I* in this situation, I would speak with the teacher. Support his ISSs, but ask that every time it happens, you be emailed the work that he missed. When he comes home on those days, he will have to give up tv, playing with his friends, whatever he enjoys. Instead, there will be "Mommy school" - where Mom will teach him the material he missed. Mommy school should not be fun, either. It should be un-fun enough to make him understand that it is a negative consequence of his not following the rules.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I seriously question whether this child will be successful learning through "online" classes. For that to work, the parent has to be VERY involved in the process. And, frankly, if the parent were VERY involved in this in the first place, the need wouldn't be there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">