• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minnesota DWI and possible bad treatment in jail ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Trails

Lisa101010 said:
I've asked several lawyers if I should have submitted to the breath test and they all told me that yes, I did the right thing when submitting to the breath test. I thought I was going to pass it. And hey, I almost did.

Oh well, at least I am not driving now. I am such a public nuisance!! I was soooooooo wasted after drinking 3 beers in a 2 hour time period - who wouldn't be, right?? At least they pulled me over instead of another driver who could have been even drunker and killed someone. Whew! Gotta have population control!
You don't need to be drunk on your a$$ to blow over the legal limit.

The fact is you were driving while you were impaired.

People with impaired judgement don't always make the right choices.

You shouldn't make the comparison that there are others that were far worse than you that they should have pulled over instead. I know you are right that there are people driving with a BAC higher than yours, but that doesn't make what you did any less illegal.

I know you felt fine, but most people do with a BAC of .08.

Last edited:

divgradcurl said:
Why do people always resort to "I wasn't that bad, they should be out looking for someone who did worse" as a defense? Look, you blew the limit, if you are found guilty of DUI, then you ARE the type of person that the police is out looking for -- people who break the law! If you are convicted of DUI, then yeah, you ARE a public nuisance. Are you the biggest nuisance? Almost certainly not, but you ARE a nuisance nonetheless.

Maybe you should go to law school, it'll teach you all about balancing tests, societal norms, local standards, and public policy, and how all of those impact the final written statutes, and how they impact the interpretation of a given statute in a given factual situation. Because what you fail to realize is that, from society as a whole's point of view, you are a drunk driver, you are a nuisance, and you are the type of person that the police are there to get off of the streets.

Doesn't mean you are a bad person, or that you can't change, but it does mean that your rantings are, to say the least, a bit misplaced...
Bravo, well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">