• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My "2nd" chance has come...sorta

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHORTY LONG

For anyone who is discharged with an RE4, waiver on this is possible, but very difficult.

They are looked at on a case by case basis! :eek:

brandon9099

What is the name of your state? So nebby...

(Reader's Digest, as I've already talked about this on here...) Alright, so...went awol 16 May 05, after grad. from BCT at Leonardwood, but prior to shipping to AIT. AWOL reasons were a mix of personal, and military based. Personal will stay that way, military was the denial of my S.C., (for no logical reasons) loss of 15K sign on bonus, loss of FLRP, and re-class options of truck driver, cook, or combat arms.
Turned myself in to Ft. Sill on 10 July 05, did my 4 days, walked out with a Ch. 10, and a very, very false sense of accomplishment...which lasted a week.
***Quick disclaimer - My wife has a great job, and I was/am self employed before going in. The Ch.10 itself did not damage my ability to support us/live life.***

The following is 100% true. After that initial week, it would take me about an hour to fall asleep at night. I would think about it every day, more than 10 times a day, I would dream about it. I became secretly OBSESSED with all things military. I didn't go back to work at first. All I did was watch the Military Channel, read this forum, and other military sites all day long. This has continued in varying degrees to this day, nearly 2 years later. (obviously, I started working again:) )
I heard reports that the Nat'l Gaurd will take you with an RE-4, so I gave them a call. (This was after I applied for a waiver with the Reg. Army, and was denied) I was granted a waiver to enlist into the National Guard. NOT what I wanted, but WILL take anything I can get.

One question for all of you opinion junkies out there;) ...

What does it say about a guy who is willing to go through BCT twice? Foolish, or determined...?

Anyway, wanted to share my good fortune.
2 minutes ago
Hello im in a similar situation I got out of the navy when I was young and dumb with a re4 and I soon realized after that it was a mistake and I would desperately like another chance. Even the guard will be fine. I've heard that if you can manage to get back into a guard unit and perform well that it's possible to convert back to active duty later. But anyays I would like to know what state aND what guard unit and recruiter you used. Please any ino would be wonderful. Thanks

quincy

2 minutes ago
Hello im in a similar situation I got out of the navy when I was young and dumb with a re4 and I soon realized after that it was a mistake and I would desperately like another chance. Even the guard will be fine. I've heard that if you can manage to get back into a guard unit and perform well that it's possible to convert back to active duty later. But anyays I would like to know what state aND what guard unit and recruiter you used. Please any ino would be wonderful. Thanks
Please start your own thread. This one is from 2007 and should remain in the archives for reference purposes only.

Thanks.

(post reported)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">