• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter's x husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cyndi59

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my spelling. I will support my daughter every step she takes. This IS MY BUSINESS me and my husband support THEIR 3 children. He works under the table at Walmart so there's nothing to attach.
Ohiogal: Stick to Child Custody and Support, that's where you're awesome. You give excellent, right to the point answers.
You actually helped me a few years ago. Your answers were Correct and you helped me very much
Thank Ohiogal!

Cyndi59

ERAUPIKE please help

You're the only one on this sight that truly understands military law. From what I understand a OTH is the most horrible of discharges you can get. You've lost everything. If I understand correctly, he accepted this instead of a court marshal, is this correct?
I'm sure that his 2 chapter 15s and his drunk driving on base weren't helpful.
My daughter received a questionaire today asking her how the Military helped her and her children:eek: She threw it in the garbage because she said she had nothing to say!

ERAUPIKE

You're the only one on this sight that truly understands military law. From what I understand a OTH is the most horrible of discharges you can get. You've lost everything. If I understand correctly, he accepted this instead of a court marshal, is this correct?
I'm sure that his 2 chapter 15s and his drunk driving on base weren't helpful.
My daughter received a questionaire today asking her how the Military helped her and her children:eek: She threw it in the garbage because she said she had nothing to say!
An OTH is almost the worst category of discharge one can receive. He was smart to accept the discharge in lieu of court martial, he would have ended up in the brig. You are right, he has lost any claim to the benefits a veteran would receive. I find it very hard to believe that a corporation like Wal-Mart would allow anyone to work "under the table."

The military no longer has anything to do with his child support or employment. Anything you would like to pursue from him should be directed to the state courts.

Cyndi59

Eraupike

I knew I could depend on you. The manager of Walmart is someone he went to highschool with. This is nothing my daughter can prove. Actually, she's glad to get rid of him. His name is NOT on any birth certificates and they have my daughter's last name. I'm still VERY UPSET that she fell for this (fill in the blanks) she wouldn't believe anything me and her father told her. He has other children that he doesn't support.
He had a GREAT career with the Military. He was training at West Pointe when he deserted. He's an excellent marksmen. He just doesn't like anyone telling him what to do. I could understand if he was 21 but he's 36! My son who served is 20 lite years ahead of him in being a man.
Thanks for all your help
;)

CourtClerk

So I guess before I answer and give Cyndi an answer she doesn't like/want to hear, then I guess I better tell you what I know about the military.

My grandfather is retired military, so is my father, my uncle and 2 aunts. My cousins work on military bases, I've dated 3 men in the military.

Now, NONE of this is any of your business. You have NO RIGHT to know anything about his discharge, nor do you have the LEGAL AUTHORITY to demand he show you ANYTHING. It appears that paternity was never established on any of these 3 children. Why isn't his name on the birth certificates? Is there a current order for support? If not, then he has absolutely NO OBLIGATION to pay for these children, and for the record, NEITHER DO YOU. If your daughter had more children than she can afford and as grown as she is still needs her mommy and daddy to support her, then that's too bad for her, and too bad for you.

Now go sit down somewhere, mind your own business and work on teaching your daughter how to support herself and her brood.

VeronicaLodge

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my spelling. I will support my daughter every step she takes. This IS MY BUSINESS me and my husband support THEIR 3 children. He works under the table at Walmart so there's nothing to attach.
Ohiogal: Stick to Child Custody and Support, that's where you're awesome. You give excellent, right to the point answers.
You actually helped me a few years ago. Your answers were Correct and you helped me very much
Thank Ohiogal!
loser is spelled LOSER not looser (looser is what your pants are when you lose weight) and site as in a website is spelled SITE not sight as in eye sight.

Isis1

Same Question! What if anything do you know about the Military?
His discharge was available to my daughter (HIS WIFE). I've been working for the Dept of Army for 22 1/2 years. Do you know more then me? NO!!!!!!
Our Military men/woman deserve our utmost respect. They are fighting for our FREEDOM! When you join the Military, you sign an oath! If you can't handle it, shame on you. The AWOL/DESERTERS are showing nothing but complete disrespect for our men and woman that are fighting.
Has your son/daughter spent time in Iraq?
Didn't think so.
Our taxes pay for these loosers, keep that in mind!:mad:
how on earth did you ask a question and then answer it yourself? after ranting on how i don't know you? but you asked a question of ME and you know the answer?

BTW, i grew up on military bases for 12 years. my family are all military. mom, stepdad, stepmom, step brother, several aunts and uncles, cousins, and yeah with FOUR kids probably ONE will at least join the military.

and btw, STILL NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Nativity

If your Daughter was advised not to seek child support from this man due to his threats, why does this even matter?

If he is a threat and someone dealing with this case believe that to be the facts then let it go, the child is receiving SSI so that should help mom out more. But don't stir the pot the results may be something non of you are prepared for.

Cyndi59

Nativity

Your answer was wonderful. Finally, someone besides ERAUPIKE understands. My grandaughter who is on SSI had surgery today. My daughter called her father and found out that he was at an amusement park!!!!!!! His new girlfriend who has no idea that he has 3 children, the youngest being 4 weeks old told my daughter to leave them the (fill in the blank) alone they were having fun.
The reason the father is not on the BC is because he was in the Military when they were born. He has accepted paternity and was paying CS. He now works under the table and there's nothing my daughter can do.
I'm so SICK of people telling me it's none of my business and not to get involved. I'm supporting HIS and HER children. Not because I have to, but because me and her father want to.
My daughter has decided not to push the CS issus. As you said, it would probably be more harm then good.
Thanks Nativity for understanding!:)

heightsgirl

Really??

My husband has been in the military for 13 years, all active duty, heck we're even stationed at Ft Drum. Our daughter is 5, she was born while he was deployed and uhhh, his name is still on the birth certificate. Him being in the military, is no reason why his name wouldn't be on the BC. If that was the case, there would be a lot of military *******s walking around vs military brats.

With every post there seems to be a new twist.....

I was impressed with your 22 1/2 years of service working for the Dept of the Army and still not knowing what an OTH was.

Cyndi59

I NEVER said I had 22 1/2 years in fed military

I've been a federal employee for almost 23 years. I worked 3 years military the rest is housing for the poor. Because my son did 3 tours in Iraq, I never heard of AWOL! The men and women I worked for in Fort Meade were TRUE MILITARY! Never ONCE did anyone run away.
Deserters are LOSERS! No way around that fact!
This is why I never heard of OTH.
I have to accept the fact that my grandchildren's father is a looser!
That's the way life goes!
I really only get true answers from ERAUPIKE! He is TRULY MILITARY. He knows the rules and regs inside and out.
Just because you are married to someone, know someone, have a relative etc. in the Military you don't know the rules. Ask ERAUPIKE!

Isis1

I've been a federal employee for almost 23 years. I worked 3 years military the rest is housing for the poor. Because my son did 3 tours in Iraq, I never heard of AWOL! The men and women I worked for in Fort Meade were TRUE MILITARY! Never ONCE did anyone run away.
I really only get true answers from ERAUPIKE! He is TRULY MILITARY. He knows the rules and regs inside and out.
Just because you are married to someone, know someone, have a relative etc. in the Military you don't know the rules. Ask ERAUPIKE!
ahem...still none of your business....

mlane58

Really? How a story changes.

His discharge was available to my daughter (HIS WIFE). I've been working for the Dept of Army for 22 1/2 years. Do you know more then me? NO!!!!!!
Our Military men/woman deserve our utmost respect. They are fighting for our FREEDOM! When you join the Military, you sign an oath! If you can't handle it, shame on you. The AWOL/DESERTERS are showing nothing but complete disrespect for our men and woman that are fighting.
Didn't think so.
Our taxes pay for these loosers, keep that in mind!

Haydes

Just because one decides to leave the military does not make them a loser. You are a brain washed sheep. Some of them are conscious objectors who decided that invading a country, and pillaging the place to dust was a bit out right wrong. Some did not like being someone else's personal female dog. Some, did not like being yelled at, screamed at, cursed at, and having no powers to do anything against it. Some, did not like being harassed, punished, or tortured for someone else's mistakes. As for 22 years of serving, being quite old I would expect you would wise up, but you were probably a desk jockey having a blast sitting back relaxing and throwing darts.

milspecgirl

Didn't think so.
Our taxes pay for these loosers, keep that in mind!:mad:

ummmm, if you've been working for the army for 22 years, why don't you know what an OTH is?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">