• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My furnace is out and the HVAC tech said it could take up to 3 weeks before I can get a new unit approved. Do I have to wait this long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
So what did you see a copyright on it? Don't be so anal retentive on a discussion forum... I even provided you with a link :giggle:
1) Yes. There is a copyright on the page you plagiarized from.

2) Yes, you provided a link... to a legal site with a copyright on it.

And you know who can be really picky? Judges.

Now, they might not bother with you, if your copyright violation is reported, because you're strictly small potatoes. But since you see no problem in this case, I'm going to suspect that you often play fast and loose with rules.

FarmerJ

CF0 please let us know about your conversation with your LL , I have to get my fanny to bed , it was a 11.5 hour shift last night and am tired.

Torx2

It will be interesting to see what happens to the original poster of this thread.

Very often laws are written but if nobody enforces them they are worthless. A judge can award so much money for say back rent and damages to a landlord but the court does nothing to collect it. Real Life in NY

PayrollHRGuy

Very often laws are written but if nobody enforces them they are worthless. A judge can award so much money for say back rent and damages to a landlord but the court does nothing to collect it. Real Life in NY
The laws are very clear in New York and the other states on how you collect on a civil judgment.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Real life everywhere - it's not the court's job to collect judgments. That's like complaining that your mechanic won't wash your car.

Torx2

The laws are very clear in New York and the other states on how you collect on a civil judgment.
In NY you as a landlord must find where your ex tenant is and then locate his/her assets yourself then obtain "execution" from the court. Once you do that you go to the Sheriff pay his fees and do the paperwork for him. Court and the Sheriff get their fees you get nothing

Don't forget most tenants don't have a pot to piss in and that's why they rent.

Even collection agencies shy away from trying to collect money from tenants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">