• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Neighbors Motorcycles are too loud !!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbosgold

What is the name of your state? South Carolina.

My family owns a mobile home park that has 7 single wides and 1 double wide. My parents own the doublewide, and I own a singlewide and the 6 other lot spaces are rented out on a monthly basis. Five of the spaces have been rented out for a long time before my parents sell their doublewide. Here is where the problem begins. After placing an ad in the paper taking an offer from the 1st caller that wants to buy a 1977 doublewide mobile home with financing included, my mother then sets an appointment to "sell" the DWMH
left where it sits at a payment range of 400 a month for 5 years. ( a little insite on our park is that we have always had quiet people who respect their neighbors privacy, just as they would expect us to respect their own ) The new buyers of the doublewide are in their early 30's with each parent having 1 child from another relationship before, which means they have 2 kids, the oldest boy is 13 and the mothers daughter is 11. I pleaded with my mother, who was selling the doublewide(with no hindsight), to get pertinent information on the new buyers. My mom told me flat to stay out of her business, this was her sale and she was going to sale it according to her standards, which were none ! No credit check, no background check, and God only knows what was moving here with them on that dreaded day. Anyway, this new "family" comes into my parents mobile home park acting like they had just bought the house, the property, and the people themslves....all because the father stands 6'6" and weighs 300 pounds. Many would assume that this guy gets whatever he wants through intimidating others to back off of whatever he is doing. I have begged mom & dad to make me the property manager since they will living across town, instead of right here in their own trailer park, but they say "no" we will handle this on a daily basis, let's see what the new tenants do first. As with any trailer park there should always be "rules of living" in a peaceful manner. That was my point in asking to be the park manager. So here it is 3 years later and my reason for writing this is that I am beyond a breaking point, all because of the motorcycles that moved in with this family way back then. Nevermind the character of these folks, it's the actions that are being complained about. Mostly it is about the noise and the frequency of the noise from these motorcycles that the kids and the kids father must ride. First, they started off with dirt-bikes until I called the law out to tell them that their bikes were not street legal, next they put tags on the bikes and enjoy working on them and tuning them up right here in the trailer park. This goes on for hours at a time. Not having the authority of a "park manager" all I can do is call my father to tell their tenants that they are making too much noise. Over and over again, this action takes place. After my dad speaks to them they calm down for a while, but go right back to aggravating the whole neighborhood with their noisy must-have companion, the motorcycle. I've reached my limit, but I still remain here because this is my families park. The noisy neighbors still have 16 months of payments left, and something must be done to end the agony that they are forcing everyone to put up with. My parents trailer park is about 1 1/2 acres sitting right outside of town. We live on a road which is lined with single family houses before it comes to a dead-end, and in that dead-end sits our trailer park. Who can I call for a noise ordinance, and how can I further imply to these people that there are rules that must be enfoced to keep peace in the trailer park ? Idea's are welcome because I am running out !!! :mad:

HomeGuru

gabbosgold said:

My family owns a mobile home park that has 7 single wides and 1 double wide. My parents own the doublewide, and I own a singlewide and the 6 other lot spaces are rented out on a monthly basis. Five of the spaces have been rented out for a long time before my parents sell their doublewide. Here is where the problem begins. After placing an ad in the paper taking an offer from the 1st caller that wants to buy a 1977 doublewide mobile home with financing included, my mother then sets an appointment to "sell" the DWMH
left where it sits at a payment range of 400 a month for 5 years. ( a little insite on our park is that we have always had quiet people who respect their neighbors privacy, just as they would expect us to respect their own ) The new buyers of the doublewide are in their early 30's with each parent having 1 child from another relationship before, which means they have 2 kids, the oldest boy is 13 and the mothers daughter is 11. I pleaded with my mother, who was selling the doublewide(with no hindsight), to get pertinent information on the new buyers. My mom told me flat to stay out of her business, this was her sale and she was going to sale it according to her standards, which were none ! No credit check, no background check, and God only knows what was moving here with them on that dreaded day. Anyway, this new "family" comes into my parents mobile home park acting like they had just bought the house, the property, and the people themslves....all because the father stands 6'6" and weighs 300 pounds. Many would assume that this guy gets whatever he wants through intimidating others to back off of whatever he is doing. I have begged mom & dad to make me the property manager since they will living across town, instead of right here in their own trailer park, but they say "no" we will handle this on a daily basis, let's see what the new tenants do first. As with any trailer park there should always be "rules of living" in a peaceful manner. That was my point in asking to be the park manager. So here it is 3 years later and my reason for writing this is that I am beyond a breaking point, all because of the motorcycles that moved in with this family way back then. Nevermind the character of these folks, it's the actions that are being complained about. Mostly it is about the noise and the frequency of the noise from these motorcycles that the kids and the kids father must ride. First, they started off with dirt-bikes until I called the law out to tell them that their bikes were not street legal, next they put tags on the bikes and enjoy working on them and tuning them up right here in the trailer park. This goes on for hours at a time. Not having the authority of a "park manager" all I can do is call my father to tell their tenants that they are making too much noise. Over and over again, this action takes place. After my dad speaks to them they calm down for a while, but go right back to aggravating the whole neighborhood with their noisy must-have companion, the motorcycle. I've reached my limit, but I still remain here because this is my families park. The noisy neighbors still have 16 months of payments left, and something must be done to end the agony that they are forcing everyone to put up with. My parents trailer park is about 1 1/2 acres sitting right outside of town. We live on a road which is lined with single family houses before it comes to a dead-end, and in that dead-end sits our trailer park. Who can I call for a noise ordinance, and how can I further imply to these people that there are rules that must be enfoced to keep peace in the trailer park ? Idea's are welcome because I am running out !!! :mad:

**A: the police enforce the noise ordinance.

PghREA

gabbosgold said:
Who can I call for a noise ordinance, and how can I further imply to these people that there are rules that must be enfoced to keep peace in the trailer park ? Idea's are welcome because I am running out !!! :mad:
What are the rules about owning and riding moter bikes in the trailer park? Was a copy of these rules given to the new owners when they moved in?

gabbosgold

This park has never had to make up rules for peaceful living, until "they" moved in. I have since found out that they have never lived in a civilized place before, like apartments, townhomes, or anywhere rules must be applied. Being this their first community living experience, I have suggested to my parents that rules be made regarding certain actions in the park. The only answer I've received has been "we'll see !?".

HomeGuru

gabbosgold said:
This park has never had to make up rules for peaceful living, until "they" moved in. I have since found out that they have never lived in a civilized place before, like apartments, townhomes, or anywhere rules must be applied. Being this their first community living experience, I have suggested to my parents that rules be made regarding certain actions in the park. The only answer I've received has been "we'll see !?".
**A: tell them to SEE the attorney named Will.

Litigation!

"What is the name of your state? South Carolina.

My family owns a mobile home park that has 7 single wides and 1 double wide. My parents own the doublewide, and I own a singlewide . . ."

My response:

And, once again, my theory about Southern trailer trash is confirmed!!

IAAL

Warped

Litigation! said:
"What is the name of your state? South Carolina.

My family owns a mobile home park that has 7 single wides and 1 double wide. My parents own the doublewide, and I own a singlewide . . ."

My response:

And, once again, my theory about Southern trailer trash is confirmed!!

IAAL

You need some serious mental help IAAL. You just can't go a day without insulting someone who comes here looking for help. It must just boost the hell out of your ego to insult trailer park residents. I bet it makes you feel like a real man to insult people from the safety of your home, doesn't it?

Based on your (or was it your "evil paralegal" again?) recent activities here on these boards, I'd say that trailers aren't the only place that "trailer trash" live. Seriously, find another way to boost your self esteem and get some help.

Litigation!

Warped said:
You need some serious mental help IAAL. You just can't go a day without insulting someone who comes here looking for help. It must just boost the hell out of your ego to insult trailer park residents. I bet it makes you feel like a real man to insult people from the safety of your home, doesn't it?

Based on your (or was it your "evil paralegal" again?) recent activities here on these boards, I'd say that trailers aren't the only place that "trailer trash" live. Seriously, find another way to boost your self esteem and get some help.

My response:

Thank you for noticing.

I've always, and I mean ALWAYS, disliked southern trailer trash. I've always been cranky and crabby. I've always been funny, too! And, believe me, trailer trash stories are funny.

What my former Paralegal did, from what I understand, was WAY over the top. What I read of hers even made me blush, and it takes a lot to do that!

So, I'll continue pointing out these little "trailer" problems, that only "trailer dwellers" seem to have, and invite upon themselves, due to their station in life.

But, thanks again for noticing. I love the attention, and it keeps YOU reading what I have to say!

Ain't life terrific?

IAAL

Veronica1228

Litigation! said:
My response:

Thank you for noticing.

I've always, and I mean ALWAYS, disliked southern trailer trash. I've always been cranky and crabby. I've always been funny, too! And, believe me, trailer trash stories are funny.

What my former Paralegal did, from what I understand, was WAY over the top. What I read of hers even made me blush, and it takes a lot to do that!

So, I'll continue pointing out these little "trailer" problems, that only "trailer dwellers" seem to have, and invite upon themselves, due to their station in life.

But, thanks again for noticing. I love the attention, and it keeps YOU reading what I have to say!

Ain't life terrific?

IAAL
No one believes your idiotic paralegal story, but if it makes you stop the internet terrorism and helps you to save face then have at it. We'll all pretend that we believe you. You're really not worth getting all worked up over.

Litigation!

Veronica1228 said:
No one believes your idiotic paralegal story, but if it makes you stop the internet terrorism and helps you to save face then have at it. We'll all pretend that we believe you. You're really not worth getting all worked up over.

My response:

Oh, you're such a non-issue. Quite meaningless. You're lucky you got this response. I don't care what you believe or don't believe.

IAAL

Litigation! said:
My response:

Oh, you're such a non-issue. Quite meaningless. You're lucky you got this response. I don't care what you believe or don't believe.

IAAL
If you don't care what people believe then why bother to lie?

Litigation!

Mister Darcy said:
If you don't care what people believe then why bother to lie?

My response:

You see, that's what you're saying. If you believe what I've told you, because it is the truth, great! If you don't, oh well - - there's nothing I can do to change your mind, and quite frankly, I really don't care either way. All I know is that I came back to a mess, and apparently, I'm still "cleaning up" from it.

IAAL

Litigation! said:
My response:

You see, that's what you're saying. If you believe what I've told you, because it is the truth, great! If you don't, oh well - - there's nothing I can do to change your mind, and quite frankly, I really don't care either way. All I know is that I came back to a mess, and apparently, I'm still "cleaning up" from it.

IAAL
You say your story is true? Then clear up one troubling little detail for me. All of those "other" screen names were not you, correct? They were this para-professional, correct? You see, the confusion that I have is this. When that first person came on claiming to be you, he/she was asked a question by BelizeBreeze. It was a question that ONLY the real IAAL would know the answer to. The fake IAAL was able to give the correct answer. Why would that be?

Litigation!

Mister Darcy said:
You say your story is true? Then clear up one troubling little detail for me. All of those "other" screen names were not you, correct? They were this para-professional, correct? You see, the confusion that I have is this. When that first person came on claiming to be you, he/she was asked a question by BelizeBreeze. It was a question that ONLY the real IAAL would know the answer to. The fake IAAL was able to give the correct answer. Why would that be?
My response:

Simple. I have employees who send things to other members when I instruct them to do so. Therefore, the information is not only known to me, but to my other employees - notably, secretaries and paralegals. By the way, what was the information that my Paralegal imparted to Belize?

I'm done. It's tiresome to keep justifying things to people like yourself when I don't need to. You're going to believe, or disbelieve, whatever you choose.

IAAL

Litigation! said:
My response:

Simple. I have employees who send things to other members when I instruct them to do so. Therefore, the information is not only known to me, but to my other employees - notably, secretaries and paralegals. By the way, what was the information that my Paralegal imparted to Belize?

I'm done. It's tiresome to keep justifying things to people like yourself when I don't need to. You're going to believe, or disbelieve, whatever you choose.

IAAL
Thank you for clearing that up for me. You know, you are not just justifying this to me, but also to a lot of other people here who probably have the same questions. I am still confused though, as what Breezy asked about was not something "tangible" that would have been sent on to secretaries and paralegals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">