• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My roommate refuses to leave the apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Unfortunately I cannot leave it to my landlord because he is one of my managers. It would be unethical for me to leave him with this mess. Thank you everyone for your responses. I really appreciate your words and support.

PayrollHRGuy

Unfortunately I cannot leave it to my landlord because he is one of my managers. It would be unethical for me to leave him with this mess. Thank you everyone for your responses. I really appreciate your words and support.
That is a problem for you. But if he refuses to help you it isn't actually simply leaving him with this mess.

Let me ask you for your advice, I'm thinking in calling the police because my roommate already told me that he wont be leaving even if the cops or marshals come to the apartment. I'm afraid that he will to do something to me. I tried to talking to him nicely and he slammed the door in my face

LdiJ

Let me ask you for your advice, I'm thinking in calling the police because my roommate already told me that he wont be leaving even if the cops or marshals come to the apartment. I'm afraid that he will to do something to me. I tried to talking to him nicely and he slammed the door in my face
You are his landlord, he is your subtenant, you need to evict him. If people are telling you that you cannot do that, then you are not explaining things correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">