• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son, 22, got a 17 yr old girl pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

s
Ok, let's make a scenario?

John is 22 years old. He sits in a bar and suddenly spots a very pretty girl.
He approach her and start a conversation: She is looking 21, very smart and mature. during the conversation she is telling him that:
"I'm working at XYZ, I went to ABC high school, I like to dance, and yes, a movie will be great! you are cute, and my number is 12345"
He calls her and take her to the movie. After the movie he takes her to her house and invites her to come to his house next day to listen to some good music.
She came and after some time they both, young and attractive people, full of hormones, started to make love, with a condom of course because they smart and mature.

Next week the police knocks on Johns door because she is actually 17.5, and her parents found out about her having sex.
He is taken with handcuffs in front of all his family and the building and after a trial that cost his family their apartment (to pay for lawyers) he is thrown behind bars for one year with all his plans destroyed, as the only place he can work with this criminal record is a junk yard.

I think that we, as a society, should protect John from this kind of scenario. And you?

Is there something that John needed to do to avoid his arrest, except hiring a PI for every girl he dates or becoming a monk?
John should not "slut' around in bars. John, if he "feels the need to slut around", could use protection and KNOW the age of the girl he is with. Johns father should have given basic info to "John" so that he wouldn't end up in prison.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What John needed to do to avoid arrest, was avoid sleeping with people he barely knows.

Just Blue

I would like to point out that "dumbfathers" thread is posted in the wrong forum as this is a 22 year old. It should be moved to Criminal Law.

Jus' sayin'.

:)

CdwJava

Ok, let's make a scenario?

John is 22 years old. He sits in a bar and suddenly spots a very pretty girl.
He approach her and start a conversation: She is looking 21, very smart and mature. during the conversation she is telling him that:
"I'm working at XYZ, I went to ABC high school, I like to dance, and yes, a movie will be great! you are cute, and my number is 12345"
He calls her and take her to the movie. After the movie he takes her to her house and invites her to come to his house next day to listen to some good music.
She came and after some time they both, young and attractive people, full of hormones, started to make love, with a condom of course because they smart and mature.

Next week the police knocks on Johns door because she is actually 17.5, and her parents found out about her having sex.
He is taken with handcuffs in front of all his family and the building and after a trial that cost his family their apartment (to pay for lawyers) he is thrown behind bars for one year with all his plans destroyed, as the only place he can work with this criminal record is a junk yard.

I think that we, as a society, should protect John from this kind of scenario. And you?

Is there something that John needed to do to avoid his arrest, except hiring a PI for every girl he dates or becoming a monk?
First, THAT is NOT what happened. Second, it's NOT so simple as to make an arrest and a prosecution merely because mom and dad believe their princess had underage sex with an adult ... the state still needs probable cause for an arrest and proof beyond a reasonable doubt for a conviction.

Oh, and unless he tells anyone about his conviction, there are few employers that will ever find out about his underage dalliance. But, he could have avoided all of the aforementioned problems of his own making by actually getting to know the girl before he decided to dive in and sample her. Dating ... it works.

Ladyback1

Oh, and unless he tells anyone about his conviction, there are few employers that will ever find out about his underage dalliance. But, he could have avoided all of the aforementioned problems of his own making by actually getting to know the girl before he decided to dive in and sample her. Dating ... it works.
I disagree with this slightly: Depending on the actual charge(s), the "alleged suspect" could be required to register as a sex offender. That will show up on most background checks....but I wholeheartedly agree with the rest.

CdwJava

I disagree with this slightly: Depending on the actual charge(s), the "alleged suspect" could be required to register as a sex offender. That will show up on most background checks....but I wholeheartedly agree with the rest.
He's in CA and a conviction for PC 261.5 is not a registerable offense here. In other states the convicted party might have to register, but the OP is in CA where that is not an option.

Though, a decent background check that covers public court records will probably also come across the conviction even without checking confidential state criminal offender records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">