• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My team lead is abusive to everyone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekamouse

Violation of workplace policies is not life. Life is about being professional and dealing with problems as they come, not cowering into a corner or being bullied or harassed at a workplace. Big difference. Looking for a new job is what everyone else did - the cowardly way. Didn't solve the problem.
What makes you think you have any recourse beyond looking for a new job? You don't get any say so in how people are allowed to treat others in this work place. That's not your job. Who told you life is about being professional? You must be very young indeed.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What makes you think you have any recourse beyond looking for a new job? You don't get any say so in how people are allowed to treat others in this work place. That's not your job. Who told you life is about being professional? You must be very young indeed.
Well, considering his other posts... young at heart? With a flexible definition of professional?

...I mean, haven't you ever threatened to shoot up your place of employment? No? I can't say that I'd consider that "being professional". :unsure:

quincy

Well, considering his other posts... young at heart? With a flexible definition of professional?

...I mean, haven't you ever threatened to shoot up your place of employment? No? I can't say that I'd consider that "being professional". :unsure:
I believe it was one of jmr106's family members who threatened to shoot up the workplace.

jmr106's problem seems to be finding a job where people play nicely together.

Last edited:

westside

Nothing in any of your posts indicates that this person has violated any laws, except the hitting people part. If/when she hits people it is up to the people who've been hit to contact the police about it. If she hits you, you may contact the police. Otherwise, you have no legal recourse in this matter.
Disagree. If I see someone strike someone else at a workplace, I'm calling the police.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I believe it was one of jmr106's family members who threatened to shoot up the workplace.

jmr106's problem seems to be finding a job where people play nicely together - and speak English.
While it is true that the family member is the one who made threats, it seems odd to me that jmr106 does not think that the threats should have been taken so seriously.

Since jmr106 is stuck with the world "as is",which is not ideal, perhaps some counselling would help jmr106 develop coping skills for dealing with non-ideal work situations.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's quite okay for his relative to threaten to shoot the place up; that doesn't need to be taken seriously. But someone being rude to him directly - now that's a firing offense.

Uh-huh.

commentator

Name anything that she has done that is illegal, other than "hitting people."? Clue, there's nothing. Talking ugly to your supervisees is not illegal. Yelling at people is not illegal. Being a jerk and arguing, verbally abusive, even, is legal. You have no idea why management is allowing this? Well, it is her management technique, and perhaps it's working. Perhaps her area is known for being productive. Perhaps this is where they put people in the beginning of their employment with the company to test whether or not they'll stick, continue to work hard in trying circumstances, etc.

Remember, this is her management technique. Perhaps it is working. Nothing says she has to be nice or act nice to bully people into being productive. maybe it works. Maybe she weeds out all those who would respond in kind, and that's what they use her for.

Your only alternatives are to be polite, professional, and DON'T respond in kind. If you find it necessary, ask to be moved. Tell management why you're being moved, but do not see it as a bad thing if you are "fired" by this person when you do nothing but work and do the job to the best of your abilities. DO NOT let her goad you into stupid passive aggressive behavior like coming in late or being absent too often, or just up and quitting, which means they got rid of you, without having to pay possible unemployment benefits. Being fired for an unreasonable reason, by a bad supervisor is NOT the bad thing you imagine it to be.

But at the same time, it's not your job to fix the problem. You say she is the lowest paid supervisor. She may be on the last stages of her write ups and may be out of the workplace in a short time. What happens to her is NOT your problem, it's management's problem. If they decide to tolerate it, so be it. If you decide you can't handle her behavior, so be it. Don't take up other people's problems with her and be the one who has the biggest problem with her. You cannot fix a bad work place. You may outwit, outlast, and manage to cope with a bad supervisor, but you can't get rid of them legally for the company. They have to do that.

Since jmr106 is stuck with the world "as is",which is not ideal, perhaps some counselling would help jmr106 develop coping skills for dealing with non-ideal work situations.
Try being a cop, then you get to deal with non-ideal work situations every day, and the shooting part is a very real possibility.

quincy

Try being a cop, then you get to deal with non-ideal work situations every day, and the shooting part is a very real possibility.
True. But law enforcement officers know that risk is part of their job. Others do not expect to be shot in their workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">