• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name on financing, not on house papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BelizeBreeze

Well that sucks. Sorry to say you either had an idiot for an attorney or you weren't paying attention.

I think a little of both.

Now, maybe HG will have some avenues to try and secure your future. I don't know.

I do have some suggestions but they will mean some legwork and some time back in court.

Contact the lender holding the mortgage and get a copy of all of the paperwork. Look for (or ask the lender) any mortgage insurance carried either in your name or the ex's.

If there is not, file a motion to amend and ask the court to require such insurance be purchased by the ex. At least it will insure the home is paid off if he croaks.

I know it's not much but it's worth a try.

jennerina

Well I couldn't be so lucky for him to croak. Not that I haven't been wishing for a very long time. :rolleyes: But I have called the bank, they are sending me a copy of the contract. My bet is, there is no such insurance.

So I guess that is my only hope. Apparently I would have to wait on them to foreclose on the house before I can take any legal action. That is truly sad.

My biggest mistake was walking out of the courtroom. I was so upset over it all, I just refused to deal with it. Guess that'll teach me. As far the so-called attorney representing me, she did nothing but throw around accusations and was extremely rude. I didn't expect a friend, but sure expected more than she was giving. (some people I just want to throw stones at) :p

So anyway, I appreciate all your help. It's kind people like you that make you realize there are nice people out there. Just wish there were more like you.

Thank you again, for all your help, patience and kindness.
Jennifer

BelizeBreeze

jennerina said:
So anyway, I appreciate all your help. It's kind people like you that make you realize there are nice people out there. Just wish there were more like you.
:D If the rest of the forum could read that they would either throw stones at you or put you in a mental hospital :D:D:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">