• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC parent going for custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
One question for you: if you are not a 20 year old twit, are you a 40 year old twit? Because you are not presenting yourself well. If your ex has an attorney, you will be destroyed in front of a court.

hoping76

useless posts because I asked for information on what else could assist me in going for custody.

The court order by the judge says he needs the phone number provided and the out of state notification. My lawyer demanded he comply. If I did not state that correctly I apologize.

I am aware the first degree burn does not require medical attention. It was a first degree. It is in my son's medical records. That is the truth. He was given an antibiotic cream at the dr's office to put on the burn. He required no therapy from it, no scarring was present and as stated it healed in less than a week. The dr. they saw stated it is suspicious the mother is not present and he honestly did file the report from there. The attorney who was not very helpful told me that that was the only reason I was charged. My current attorney who is actually a good one has stated the same thing.

I stated my parents WERE abusive to me. I did not ever realize it would be expanded the way it was. I did not think I had to say exactly how and why. My parents both came from abusive homes themselves. My mother wanted me to be who she always wanted to be. She controlled every move I made as a CHILD. I am now 36 years old. I wanted them to know their grandson, the only ones they will ever have. I lost a son due to medical conditions, he was still born. I had 5 more early losses due to a blood clotting disorder. I almost lost this child as well due to an incomepetent cervix.

I am not flakey! I have had the same job since I was 18. I own a house and a car. I do not drink or party or use drugs. I adhere to the custody order unlike my son's father. I feed my child, clothe my child, play with him. I love him more than you can imagine.

My son's father has done nothing to take care of his child. He will not communicate with me about anything like he is supposed to according to the custody agreement (as in medical issues, sporting events, moving etc)

I may not know a lot of legal facts. The situation that put me in this position does sound ridiculous but it is the truth whether you believe it or not.

hoping76

One question for you: if you are not a 20 year old twit, are you a 40 year old twit? Because you are not presenting yourself well. If your ex has an attorney, you will be destroyed in front of a court.
I never knew seeking advice would result in name calling and rude comments. I do not think that is called for or very professional. I hurry and write for assistance before I go to work..or before bed. There is a lot to the story and cannot possibly write all of it.

Let's see....my son's father lived with his father. He stated he did not want our son living with him because of how his father is. I do not know what that means. This was in 2009. In 2011, he kicked his father out to have his new girlfriend, her sister and her husband and another girl move into the apartment. They drink, smoke marajuana, party. None of them work at all. Their friends told me of maggots all over the house, my son not having a bed to sleep in. Some of the people slept in the living room. The last time my son was at this apartment was June of 2011 when 2 of the people watched my son. He has not been there since and I had nothing to do with that. I have been trying to communicate with my son's father about how important keeping communication with his son is. That he and I have to communicate about issues regarding our son for his best interests.

My son previously has said that his father pats his pee pee and doesn't like it. I did call that in to protective service who said they would look into it. My son has come back from his father's house with strange bruises on his back and said daddy likes to wrestle but I tell him not too. Since his father has not had him to his apartment, no more talk to patting pee pees or wrestling occurs. One time he came back with a cut over his eye and told me daddy drove too fast and I hit my head.

With me, he has a stable home environment, food, water, shelter. It is just my husband and I, a dog and cat. Steady employment, insurance. With his father he has none of that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I never knew seeking advice would result in name calling and rude comments. I do not think that is called for or very professional. I hurry and write for assistance before I go to work..or before bed. There is a lot to the story and cannot possibly write all of it.

Let's see....my son's father lived with his father. He stated he did not want our son living with him because of how his father is. I do not know what that means. This was in 2009. In 2011, he kicked his father out to have his new girlfriend, her sister and her husband and another girl move into the apartment. They drink, smoke marajuana, party. None of them work at all. Their friends told me of maggots all over the house, my son not having a bed to sleep in. Some of the people slept in the living room. The last time my son was at this apartment was June of 2011 when 2 of the people watched my son. He has not been there since and I had nothing to do with that. I have been trying to communicate with my son's father about how important keeping communication with his son is. That he and I have to communicate about issues regarding our son for his best interests.

My son previously has said that his father pats his pee pee and doesn't like it. I did call that in to protective service who said they would look into it. My son has come back from his father's house with strange bruises on his back and said daddy likes to wrestle but I tell him not too. Since his father has not had him to his apartment, no more talk to patting pee pees or wrestling occurs. One time he came back with a cut over his eye and told me daddy drove too fast and I hit my head.

With me, he has a stable home environment, food, water, shelter. It is just my husband and I, a dog and cat. Steady employment, insurance. With his father he has none of that.
You have an attorney. Listen to that attorney who hopefully has all your evidence, all your information and all the actual facts.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
whole story eh? Using old threads from a year ago? Attacking me?
Your past is relevant. Do you really think the questions in court will be easier than what you have been asked here?
And your explanation has holes in it. Was the pediatrician the child's usual pediatrician, or someone else, for example.
No contact orders - yes, the judges just love drama :rolleyes: You really think the other side is not going to mention it?

You had custody. You lost custody. You want custody back - you have to show it's in the best interest in the child.
It is not "mean" to point out how the current situation came to be.

No one can advise you without the relevant facts.

And no way are you going to be successful if you cannot represent yourself here, and in a courtroom, as a calm,
responsible and respectful person.

Just Blue

You stated you were the one "washing his hands" at the time of the burn. Why would a parent force a child to keep their hands under scalding water to the point that the burn took DAYS to heal? When I have assisted my little ones in washing, and they said the water was too hot...I turned the temp down. I also test the water before submerging hands, feet or body in it.

Your own comments regarding the burn have told us, as they likely told the police and DA, that you were at the VERY LEAST GROSSLY NEGLIGENT. At most you deliberately hurt this little child.

hoping76

On this faceless forum, I cannot show you all my documents and evidence. I can hold my own very calmly and in a very educated manor without resorting to name calling unlike is done in this forum. I doubt that the opposing counsel will yell out hey you twit!

I will not keep rehashing the accident over and over. That does not reflect my current question. I do not need to report to you, whomever you are, my entire life story simply to say hey, did you think of asking your lawyer to obtain your son's father's health history because he is bipolar?

No. The accident occurred. Yes. The water was not scalding, he did not cry, my hands were under the water too. I did not forcibly do anything. It was an accident just like when he falls and scrapes his knee or walks into tables.

All I wanted is someone to say if you are going for custody make sure you have**********************************************************************.

I have work records, parenting class records, attempted communication records. Photos of my son's life with me. Photos of my ex's life which were publicly available. I have some of his family who are going to be witnesses for me along with anyone who has knowledge of what is in the best interest of my son. I have taken my son to a counselor and we had family counseling, so I also have that therapist.

As for the pediatrician, it was his regular doctor. The person he saw at the time of the accident was just someone on call.

I cannot possibly tell you every single thing that has ever happened to me or every single detail over the past 4 years.

If someone actually thinks my son is better off with someone who lives in an environment with alcohol, multiple sex partners, no jobs, and an apartment full of cat poop, dog poop and maggots, then maybe that person has a bigger problem than I.

I believe this will be my last post ever on this board. I can defend myself in court with actual evidence. Here are simply opinions and rudeness.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No. The accident occurred. Yes. The water was not scalding, he did not cry, my hands were under the water too.
So, you were also seen by the doctor and treated?

Your story just falls apart all by itself...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why would the doctor prescribe an antibiotic cream for a minor first degree burn?

You know what? Don't bother answering - I feel guilty poking more holes in your story. It's got enough to begin with.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
On this faceless forum, I cannot show you all my documents and evidence. I can hold my own very calmly and in a very educated manor without resorting to name calling unlike is done in this forum. I doubt that the opposing counsel will yell out hey you twit!

I will not keep rehashing the accident over and over. That does not reflect my current question. I do not need to report to you, whomever you are, my entire life story simply to say hey, did you think of asking your lawyer to obtain your son's father's health history because he is bipolar?

No. The accident occurred. Yes. The water was not scalding, he did not cry, my hands were under the water too. I did not forcibly do anything. It was an accident just like when he falls and scrapes his knee or walks into tables.

All I wanted is someone to say if you are going for custody make sure you have**********************************************************************.

I have work records, parenting class records, attempted communication records. Photos of my son's life with me. Photos of my ex's life which were publicly available. I have some of his family who are going to be witnesses for me along with anyone who has knowledge of what is in the best interest of my son. I have taken my son to a counselor and we had family counseling, so I also have that therapist.

As for the pediatrician, it was his regular doctor. The person he saw at the time of the accident was just someone on call.

I cannot possibly tell you every single thing that has ever happened to me or every single detail over the past 4 years.

If someone actually thinks my son is better off with someone who lives in an environment with alcohol, multiple sex partners, no jobs, and an apartment full of cat poop, dog poop and maggots, then maybe that person has a bigger problem than I.

I believe this will be my last post ever on this board. I can defend myself in court with actual evidence. Here are simply opinions and rudeness.
And you've got the reality of it, not what you wanted to hear.

Don't plan on regaining custody. :cool:

Bgood2me

hoping76

If you do not have an Attorney I highly recommend that you get one.

You need a true advocate to move the court to regain your custody. I would even get a 3rd job to pay for the retainer. Your child is more important to you then the value of money. Please call around to retain one today if you do not have one.

We are all not perfect. We make mistakes. The point is to take accountability for your mistakes and stress your improvements. Once you have custody of your child I pray that you will do whatever to keep him safe.

Keep him clear of your Mother. She has proven that she is NOT your advocate. You have a better chance at regaining custody then your parents. Your ex has custody through the court and NOT your parents.

Keep in mind that you must be sincere and whole hearted in your desire to regain custody. Do not fall short or give up too easily.

Good luck. :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Inadmissible. Protected by statute by patient/client confidentiality.

Wrong. It was a first degree burn that required antibiotic cream AND ended up with pleading to a crime.

I have work records, parenting class records, attempted communication records.
Hearsay, hearsay, hearsay.

Photos of my son's life with me.
And? Could be irrelevant.
Photos of my ex's life which were publicly available.
Irrelevant.

I have some of his family who are going to be witnesses for me along with anyone who has knowledge of what is in the best interest of my son.
Biased and "anyone" can't speak to what is in the best interest of the child. That is what a GAL does -- which was suggested on page 1 a while ago. Maybe even post 2.

I have taken my son to a counselor and we had family counseling, so I also have that therapist.
Patient/client privilege. Has the therapist also ever seen how child and dad interact? If not, then she cannot speak about dad at all. You didn't have joint custody so how did you take the child to counseling without dad's permission -- and you better prove you had dad's permission to take him? If you had family counseling, who was the counselor actually supposed to treat? The counselor also has an ethical issue if she was treating your son separately from you as well as for family counseling.

And? The burn led to a criminal conviction.

Prove it. Multiple sex partners? Is it in front of the child that he is having orgies or sex with people? If not, it doesn't matter. How much in child support do you pay? Are you current and up to date? Alcohol is NOT against the law so prove why that is a danger to your child.

I believe this will be my last post ever on this board. I can defend myself in court with actual evidence. Here are simply opinions and rudeness
You better hope you have something MORE than what you stated here because unless the other side stipulates to it coming in, most of what you have is NOT admissible.

Bgood2me

Ohiogal, may I ask? Would the fact that the Father has court ordered custody and the Grandparents have physical custody be a "Change of Circumstance" to move the court for the Mother to regain custody?

Aside from all of her allegations against the Father and Grandparents that will not fly, would she not have a chance on this fact alone?

Just Blue

Ohiogal, may I ask? Would the fact that the Father has court ordered custody and the Grandparents have physical custody be a "Change of Circumstance" to move the court for the Mother to regain custody?

Aside from all of her allegations against the Father and Grandparents that will not fly, would she not have a chance on this fact alone?
It is a question that OP should ask her attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

She better be able to prove that the grandparents actually have the child CONSTANTLY and they are not just babysitting whiel dad is working or visiting consistently. And i don't know if she can actually prove that. Because the child is most likely enrolled in school from dad's home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">