• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? MD

I have an ex girlfriend that i broke up with back in August cuz it was my belief that she was running around on me...Well apparently now she is preggo with twins..She is now with another guy & was with him while we were together unbeknownst to me...Rumours as you might expect have been flying around as to who the father is...She was always on the pill to my knowledge with me but I know thats not 100% safe...She tells some people thats its her new mans kids & tells others it might be mine...However she wont talk to me to verify any of this..She has my numbers blocked out & my email blocked from sending her messages...I only hear what i do from the rumour mill...

Now she tells people that even if they are mine shes gonna say its her new mans kids & will refuse to have a dna test done...

I dont like the girl one bit, but this is a serious issue..I dont want my mind wandering the rest of my life about this & i dont want her to have something to hold over me..One day she might wake up & get dna & ill end up owing a bucketload of $$$...

How can this be legal? What can i do? What are my rights? Someone please help...Thanks....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

All you can do is wait for her to give birth. When she does, have her served with your Petition to determine parentage. The court will have her served with an order to obtain a DNA test with you. You'll pay for the test.

If the children are yours, an order of child support will be rendered. Then, you'll be on your own to file a new Petition for visitation.

Good luck - - and keep your pants and zipper up!

IAAL

mpfups

One other question....I have 2 kids from my previous marriage..I have joint physical & shared custody of them...My question is if indeed these twins are mine, how is it determined how much CS i pay to the twins mom? I pay 125 a week to my ex wife for my 2 girls that are ages 8 & 5...Does that all get factored in with a new support?

mpfups

One more question..I forgot this in the last post...Is there anyway to get a dna test done now instead of waiting tiil late April or early May when the child is born?

R

Ramoth

Easy answer on the last question - No. The baby has to be born before they can draw blood for a test. Yes, there are ways to draw blood in utero, but since it's so risky they tend to avoid doing that unless required to save the baby's life.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mpfups said:
One other question....I have 2 kids from my previous marriage..I have joint physical & shared custody of them...My question is if indeed these twins are mine, how is it determined how much CS i pay to the twins mom? I pay 125 a week to my ex wife for my 2 girls that are ages 8 & 5...Does that all get factored in with a new support?

My response:

You pay only $500.00 / month for two children? Your ex needs to take you back to court. I'll bet she's never had an adjustment of child support since it was first ordered.

Anyway, while the court will take this into consideration, and since you're underpaying by today's standards, the answer will be that the court will order child support ON TOP of what you're currently paying - - and at the proper level. Once your ex catches wind of this, guess what she's going to do? That's right, she's going to file for an adjustment of child support.

Moral of the story? Get a better paying job. Keep your pants zipped up. You're in for a rocky ride.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Remember that new Dodge "Durango" you've been salivating about? Forget it. The most you'll be able to afford is a 1963 Ford "Comet".

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

The most you'll be able to afford is a 1963 Ford "Comet".
Are you kidding???? Hell, a good comet in decent shape I can't afford :D Especially the convertible model :(

mpfups

IAAL : First of all this was just ordered in May by the Circuit Court of MD..They took my pay which is 55K & hers which is 20K..They did the formula for joint physical custody & 125 is what they came up with..So stop thinking every man is a deadbeat dad..I have my kids 4 days a week day & night...So i guess in your mind thats not a good father...I need to support a deadbeat mom that makes on 20K a year..I think she needs the better job not me...

mpfups

Also IAAL my ex is making more than she was in May of 2003 when this was ordered so maybe i should take her back & have it reduced more considering I have the kids more than her & considering she makes alot more than when she did a year ago....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mpfups said:
IAAL : First of all this was just ordered in May by the Circuit Court of MD..They took my pay which is 55K & hers which is 20K..They did the formula for joint physical custody & 125 is what they came up with..So stop thinking every man is a deadbeat dad..I have my kids 4 days a week day & night...So i guess in your mind that's not a good father...I need to support a deadbeat mom that makes on 20K a year..I think she needs the better job not me...

My response:

What the hell are you talking about? Did I say you're a "deadbeat"? Did I say you're not a "good father"? Geez, are you a woman; e.g., the "new" wife? Because you sure sound like an emotional "female"!

All I said was that an adjustment in child support needs to be made - - and it does. Also, after the twins are born, and you're determined to be the father, you better have your wallet open. And, you might need a better-paying job by the time the court is done with you.

I didn't "emasculate" you!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I think she needs the better job not me...
Would you like me to send this comment to the courts so that they will also take into consideration your request that she get retrained, that you will be willing to pay for it and that above all else, you'll be happy to keep paying the child support?

Brother, you don't know when you have it good. All because you couldn't keep your zipper closed.
:rolleyes:

mpfups

No but you did say that i need to pay my ex more & that she needs to take me back to CS without U even knowing the situation....It seemed very much that you were saying that I need to pay more money for what??? I pay 1/2 daycare & pay 125 a week for 2 kids I see more than her?!? C'mon now..Even you have to admit what you said was unjust...

mpfups

Hex u still never learn do ya..We all arent in bad situations like u have been..Im sorry that the court has wronged you in the past but i fought for everything i got with my kids...U & i have gone round & round about this b4 & you will never learn...

Until you know all the facts dont make an observation...

H

hexeliebe

Hex u still never learn do ya..We all arent in bad situations like u have been..Im sorry that the court has wronged you in the past but i fought for everything i got with my kids...
I guess you can't read can you. My ex and I have NO COURT ORDERED CS....and I still pay more than you. In fact, 10 times more.

So, unless you want to get even a bigger chunk taken out, I would be very still about this in court. IAAL is trying to get you ready for what IS going to happen. Not what you want maybe, but reality.

If you want to continue justifying why you shouldn't be paying the level of CS you are, tell it to the judge then come back here and whine somemore.

And the facts are what you placed here. Other facts you seem to thing aren't important or just are too timid to place here to make any other judgement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">