• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New furnace & AC unit installed but not working properly?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

So, assuming you are able to identify the guy and learn his address, what do you want to do?

Do you want him out to repair or replace the unit, or do you want a refund (either by demand or by lawsuit)?

If he is unlicensed, you can report him to the state.

So, assuming you are able to identify the guy and learn his address, what do you want to do?

Do you want him out to repair or replace the unit, or do you want a refund (either by demand or by lawsuit)?

If he is unlicensed, you can report him to the state.
Any of the above, I just want my house cool. Basically so when we try to go to bed, it's not 80+ degrees in the house! If he would be willing to fix it like he originally said, I would have been fine. Otherwise I'll need a refund so I can have someone else fix or replace everything.

Granted I'm a bit upset finding that the company is bogus and does not exist! Surely seems like that would be illegal in itself...

Hopefully I can get his full name soon and see if he's even licensed!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I would say the first step is to have a licensed professional look at your system. If it's something minor that will cost you the price of a basic service call to fix then maybe you won't want to go through the time and expense of litigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">