• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I assume as much. Told soon to be we will have to wait this out. Just wanted to know if judge could legally prevent a spouse from being in my home. My kids come first always so I have no problem waiting.
No, he cannot prevent a spouse from being in your home. He CAN prevent your adulterous affair from impacting the children.

Angelof41977

He (the judge) is not allowing your ex to "dictate" your life. The judge is simply trying to prevent you from bringing the a random man around the children. You're not even DIVORCED yet. What kind of example does this set for the kids? This is being done for the kids, not against you.
I absolutely agree concerning the kids. Like I said it's not the normal situation I would have liked but it is what it is.

commentator

No one gives a rats patootie what "kind of" marriage it was, long as it is still legally in effect. Least of all, a judge. I have heard a surprising number of people saying, "Well, we still live together, (or we haven't gotten a divorce yet) but we aren't "together" you know?"

And the judge said something like 'Ma'am, I don't care where you sleep!" You should've taken care of the legal issue of getting divorced from this man a long time ago. And really, you should hire an attorney to help you get this done now. He has the legal right if he so chooses, to drag this out and give you a lot of trouble, simply because, long and short of it, he is still, till the bitter end comes legally, your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">