• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not an abuser just have a bad habit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hatttrick

Quote: "However not everyone is the same"

Once you get into addiction therapy, get dried out and some time comes between you and your addictions, you will really feel different about these postings. Unfortunately, what so many of us here know and what, make no mistake, the courts will react very similarly to what you're getting from us, is that we are seeing this differently than you think.

It's simply because you are saying and doing and weaving your narrative exactly like every other addict in the world does, and everyone so afflicted thinks they are really okay, are specially unique and clever and can present things in a way that will create the image they're going for. Your remorseful thoughtful "Gee, maybe you guys are right after all, I'll do better now...." at the end is more of the same. In treatment they'll tell you it is your addiction talking. Yes, definitely save this post and come back later to tell us how this has played out and how you feel about things later.
[/QUOTE Listen amigo , every word is genuine. It was near impossible for me to put this all out there. Im the type to keep it all in. At the end of the day everyone has problems so i always felt like it wasnt right for me to lay my troubles on someone else. Why listen to mine when they have some of their own. Plus my circumstances are here because of me . Thats another thing.I have no fingers to point or any reasons why I should try and blame someone else about my addiction. I have one because of ME. I said all that to say everything I said is true. If you peoe knew me you would understand
You are directly admitting engaging in a physical altercation with your wife.
This is not a self defense situation, you are deluding yourself to see it that way.

Your wife may have been a co-belligerent herself.
That is not a defense.
Her not being charged does not exculpate you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
For those who couldn't find Hatttrick's embedded response to @commentator :

"Listen amigo , every word is genuine. It was near impossible for me to put this all out there. Im the type to keep it all in. At the end of the day everyone has problems so i always felt like it wasnt right for me to lay my troubles on someone else. Why listen to mine when they have some of their own. Plus my circumstances are here because of me . Thats another thing.I have no fingers to point or any reasons why I should try and blame someone else about my addiction. I have one because of ME. I said all that to say everything I said is true. If you peoe knew me you would understand"

Hatttrick

I understand its not. Im not saying she should be charged . I just wanted to know is there something I could do to lower or drop my charges. Yes im admitting fault because I am to blame. I know im not familiar with these big words that are associated with these cases but I do know the way its handled is a little out of whack. Probably like me. Im not trying to hide or cover up the truth and I guess im naive to think what i post in here would never show up against me at trail. Thats the thing i dont get. I truly fudged up and im sincerly remorseful of my actions. Im willing to do what it takes to get things back on track and never find myself in this mess again. So shouldnt that be enough to dismiss this (I understand thats not how it works but should) and move on with our lifes becoming better people because of it? Instead of automatically being thrown under this label that follows me around for life and bans me from certain rights. Also its like a never ending money circle that supposed to benefit you and help you to improve your behavioral but its more like punishments with professionals that could give a hoot what happens to ya and have these judgemental personalities knowing your in a system that is designed to fail. A lot of the last ramblings are actually from the minds of people I associate with and have asked advice from. All I know is i wanna remain clean and be in the presence of my family.

Hatttrick

"Listen amigo , every word is genuine. It was near impossible for me to put this all out there. Im the type to keep it all in. At the end of the day everyone has problems so i always felt like it wasnt right for me to lay my troubles on someone else. Why listen to mine when they have some of their own. Plus my circumstances are here because of me . Thats another thing.I have no fingers to point or any reasons why I should try and blame someone else about my addiction. I have one because of ME. I said all that to say everything I said is true. If you peoe knew me you would understand"
Is there something else ive done wrong? When you say embedded you mean what exactly?

Hatttrick

Is there something else ive done wrong? When you say embedded you mean what exactly?
Ive no clue how

Wait a sec. How do you even have access to thjs when i easnt even finished writing it?

Just Blue

Is there sometthhing else ive done wrong? When you say embedded you mean what exactly?
You just wrote inside the quote of another member.

Please understand that you are going to make a lot of mistakes during your rehab...and you will remember all of them, unlike the oblivion of being high/drunk. I also want to point out that your boys will not wither away without you present for a few months...I doubt you realize the horrific toll your addiction has taken on them. They should going to alanon/alateen meetings if they are not already.

Family therapy is also a must. You need to rebuild trust with your family. You have a long road ahead but if you do the right thing you will be in a much better place.

Hatttrick

You just wrote inside the quote of another member.

Please understand that you are going to make a lot of mistakes during your rehab...and you will remember all of them, unlike the oblivion of being high/drunk. I also want to point out that your boys will not wither away without you present for a few months...I doubt you realize the horrific toll your addiction has taken on them. They should going to alanon/alateen meetings if they are not already.

Family therapy is also a must. You need to rebuild trust with your family. You have a long road ahead but if you do the right thing you will be in a much better place.
Oh wow my bad. Honestly didn't realize I did that.My kids have no clue whats going on. They couldn't tell you what addiction is. All they know is dads not home and they dont understand. They need me and I them.

Just Blue

Oh wow my bad. Honestly didn't realize I did that.My kids have no clue whats going on. They couldn't tell you what addiction is. All they know is dads not home and they dont understand. They need me and I them.
They may not know you are an addict but they know something is "wrong" with you. Trust me...they do.

What is your addiction to?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I understand its not. Im not saying she should be charged . I just wanted to know is there something I could do to lower or drop my charges. Yes im admitting fault because I am to blame. I know im not familiar with these big words that are associated with these cases but I do know the way its handled is a little out of whack. Probably like me. Im not trying to hide or cover up the truth and I guess im naive to think what i post in here would never show up against me at trail. Thats the thing i dont get. I truly fudged up and im sincerly remorseful of my actions. Im willing to do what it takes to get things back on track and never find myself in this mess again. So shouldnt that be enough to dismiss this (I understand thats not how it works but should) and move on with our lifes becoming better people because of it? Instead of automatically being thrown under this label that follows me around for life and bans me from certain rights. Also its like a never ending money circle that supposed to benefit you and help you to improve your behavioral but its more like punishments with professionals that could give a hoot what happens to ya and have these judgemental personalities knowing your in a system that is designed to fail. A lot of the last ramblings are actually from the minds of people I associate with and have asked advice from. All I know is i wanna remain clean and be in the presence of my family.
Not sure if you realize this, but every time you tell someone the story of what you did, you are opening them up to having to testify against you. Stop talking to ANYONE but your attorney.

And just a note: your children may not know WHY you're not a good dad, but trust me, they know. I have no doubt you think they are clueless, but they aren't. Addicts are never as good as keeping their mess to themselves as they think they are. I also have no doubt that you love your kids, but addicts are clueless to the destruction they wreak on the lives around them.

Hatttrick

Not sure if you realize this, but every time you tell someone the story of what you did, you are opening them up to having to testify against you. Stop talking to ANYONE but your attorney.

And just a note: your children may not know WHY you're not a good dad, but trust me, they know. I have no doubt you think they are clueless, but they aren't. Addicts are never as good as keeping their mess to themselves as they think they are. I also have no doubt that you love your kids, but addicts are clueless to the destruction they wreak on the lives around them.
Wow these groups never cease to amaze me. No need for anyone to testify against me. Im to blame and its my fault. To help you out so you are also not clueless , I am what you would call an ex addict. When I was an addict I was pretty good at keeping my problem to myself. Matter fact if it hadn't of been for this situation you would be talking to an addict. My kids are to smart for there own good. Not to toot my own horn because if anyone knows that im a piece of dirt its me but I know for a fact my kids dont look at me and see a bad dad. The fact that i work everyday and come home every evening plus a list of others facts would dictate im not a bad dad . Yeah I still need a lot of work and guidance and ive allowed myself to become an addict but that doesnt categorize me as a dead beat dad . Also I unfortunately have no attorney. Would you consider the job or do you have your hands full with being the judge?

Hatttrick

I am not sure how "STOP POSTING INCRIMINATING DETAILS ONLINE" is remotely unclear.
1) You are not coming off as particularly remorseful for what you did to your wife. You are blaming the drugs, not yourself. You are blaming your wife. (I still don't know why you were trying to get the keys back, and I suspect she had a very good reason for taking them away... Like, to keep you from driving under the influence.)
2) You keep on sharing more and more details that make it more and more clear that you are at least guilty of what you have been charged with, and more. As entertaining as this may be to read, in the way people crowd to watch the rescue workers pulling a dead body out flooded river, it is not in your best interests to elaborate any further.

The more details you post online, the greater the probability that something that will uniquely identify you and your case will slip out. If your posts here were to be admitted in court as evidence of your version of events, not only will the charges stand, there might be new charges.
Just because I know you are waiting on .me to elaborate on this more im gonna elaborate on this just a tiny wee bit more. Before I do so theres lots of ways for this to be unclear. For example my phone screen is cracked making it heard to see thus making it unclear. So I need to button this up a bit more so nothing slips out. So are you saying I need to just zip the lip so the truth dont slip. Im not trying to cover anything up.Not meaning to point blame at the addiction but had I not allowed my self to become this popper of the thrills id most likely not be in this situation taking up you good peoples time. Also just so this isnt unclear my wife is not to blame. Im the culprit. My opinion for the reasoning for her taking the keys is she has always been low key jelly that im a suberb driver and she figured if I didnt have the keys thanwe would never know.

Hatttrick

Sorry, dude - no such thing. An addict is an addict is an addict. ALWAYS an addict - even when no longer using. To think otherwise shows that you really don't get it.
I know where you are going with this and am quite familiar with the once an addict always an addict mind set but I disagree. There can be an ex anything else but an addict? Ex cop, ex marine, ex spouse. I know there are othes who quit and never looked back. Thats gonna be me or is me. Dont believe me ? Just watch.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Wow these groups never cease to amaze me. No need for anyone to testify against me. Im to blame and its my fault. To help you out so you are also not clueless , I am what you would call an ex addict. When I was an addict I was pretty good at keeping my problem to myself. Matter fact if it hadn't of been for this situation you would be talking to an addict. My kids are to smart for there own good. Not to toot my own horn because if anyone knows that im a piece of dirt its me but I know for a fact my kids dont look at me and see a bad dad. The fact that i work everyday and come home every evening plus a list of others facts would dictate im not a bad dad . Yeah I still need a lot of work and guidance and ive allowed myself to become an addict but that doesnt categorize me as a dead beat dad . Also I unfortunately have no attorney. Would you consider the job or do you have your hands full with being the judge?
I"m not sure why you've gotten your knickers in such a twist when what I said was to help you. However, it's obvious that you just want us to tell you what you want to hear. So with that, I"ll say this then wash my hands of you: I wish your children the best of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">