• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

order of protection reversal and cps investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whatcanidoo

hmmm seems as if I have more information than anyone here...not to insult anyone but geez. Kind of why I'm thinking that this website is made of people trying to sell lawyer services. Oi Vey...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
hmmm seems as if I have more information than anyone here...not to insult anyone but geez. Kind of why I'm thinking that this website is made of people trying to sell lawyer services. Oi Vey...
Look. If you had read the ToS. you'd know that the majority of us are lay people who have had experience in the various areas of law we try to help in. We're not lawyers. We have nothing to sell. But... I am this >< close to telling you to go hire a flippin' attorney 'cause you're an annoying little git.

Now, I will go look at the link you provided from that venerable source, eHow. Wow. One step away from Wiki. :rolleyes: I thought you might have a link to a NYS site that would be legally useful.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So, who here has tried to sell you their services? So far, I haven't noticed anyone attempting that.

An EHow explanation of how to do something is not even close to a guarantee that if you follow their instructions, you'll get the response you want.

For the record, I am not a lawyer and if I were, I wouldn't troll message boards looking for clients.

whatcanidoo

Look. If you had read the ToS. you'd know that the majority of us are lay people who have had experience in the various areas of law we try to help in. We're not lawyers. We have nothing to sell. But... I am this >< close to telling you to go hire a flippin' attorney 'cause you're an annoying little git.

Now, I will go look at the link you provided from that venerable source, eHow. Wow. One step away from Wiki. :rolleyes: I thought you might have a link to a NYS site that would be legally useful.
Try to help? People who try to help are not normally full of arrogance. Arrogance seemed to set the tone amongst all who have commented. There is no purpose for arrogance when people are trying to be helpful to one another right?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Okay. That is a generic description that does not address differences between states. On Monday, follow their directions and call a court clerk at the court that has jurisdiction. You may or may not get anywhere. Since I cannot find anything on a NYS site referencing such a petition, I suspect there may not be a form in NYS, and you may have to speak with a lawyer. Note - I was divorced in NYS myself, and have a pretty good handle on how things work there.

whatcanidoo

So, who here has tried to sell you their services? So far, I haven't noticed anyone attempting that.

An EHow explanation of how to do something is not even close to a guarantee that if you follow their instructions, you'll get the response you want.

For the record, I am not a lawyer and if I were, I wouldn't troll message boards looking for clients.
expertlaw.com also has some information regarding reversing oop's. And no nothing is guaranteed but the process exists which is my point.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Try to help? People who try to help are not normally full of arrogance. Arrogance seemed to set the tone amongst all who have commented. There is no purpose for arrogance when people are trying to be helpful to one another right?
Tell ya what, richard. Go pay a lawyer. You're asking people to give up their holiday time to help you, and you're acting like the rear end of a fat old water buffalo with diarrhea.

whatcanidoo

Okay. That is a generic description that does not address differences between states. On Monday, follow their directions and call a court clerk at the court that has jurisdiction. You may or may not get anywhere. Since I cannot find anything on a NYS site referencing such a petition, I suspect there may not be a form in NYS, and you may have to speak with a lawyer. Note - I was divorced in NYS myself, and have a pretty good handle on how things work there.
I already filed the petition and I saw the form. Could this have been some informal process/note to the judge? She had to notorize it though lol

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Fine. The process exists. So be it.

If you read the Ehow description you are so enamoured of, you will notice that it specifically states that many judges may be reluctant to do a reversal. Just because a process exists does NOT mean that you will be able to utilize it.

Now I'm out of here also. Go pay a lawyer, and I don't give a hoot which one, to help you. If you're paying him, he has to help you even when you act like an expletive deleted. I don't.

Isis1

That form won't stop the CPS investigation. That is for sure. The restraining order may or may not stand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">