• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

order of protection reversal and cps investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Banned_Princess

That form won't stop the CPS investigation. That is for sure. The restraining order may or may not stand.
Nothing short of completing their investigation will stop the investigation.

you might be able to get the restraining order lifted, but that will make no difference to CPS.

seriously. just cooperate with them, and if your daughter truly has nothing to fear, they will complete their inquiry, and close the file.

thats it.

but a judge ordering the investigation is much more serious then some 'ole stranger calling in a complaint.

whatcanidoo

Nothing short of completing their investigation will stop the investigation.

you might be able to get the restraining order lifted, but that will make no difference to CPS.

seriously. just cooperate with them, and if your daughter truly has nothing to fear, they will complete their inquiry, and close the file.

thats it.

but a judge ordering the investigation is much more serious then some 'ole stranger calling in a complaint.
Thank you for the information.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm not a guy and your statement about the buffalo makes you seem immature to an extreme. Adults don't usually talk that way.
My bad - you sounded like a guy in your posts. And I post to the intellect of my audience. In other words... you.

I suspect the judge was shocked that two mothers would behave as the two of you apparently did.

Proserpina

I really wish I could figure out what the real story is.

If it was necessary to bring CPS in, then why in the world would you want to stop the investigation? Either the investigation was necessary or it wasn't. So what REALLY happened?

You're ever the optimist. It's been four pages already - you really think we're suddenly going to get the truth? ;) :cool:

whatcanidoo

My bad - you sounded like a guy in your posts. And I post to the intellect of my audience. In other words... you.

I suspect the judge was shocked that two mothers would behave as the two of you apparently did.
In a nutshell, I allowed my daughter to live with me. I was gone for a few days and she had her old boyfriend staying with her while I was gone. This boyfriend I had an order of protection against for destroying my property and disrespecting me! My daughter wanted to keep me gone from my own home to house this abusive and financial leach. I had to file the oop so that I could go back to my own dwelling in peace!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In a nutshell, I allowed my daughter to live with me. I was gone for a few days and she had her old boyfriend staying with her while I was gone. This boyfriend I had an order of protection against for destroying my property and disrespecting me! My daughter wanted to keep me gone from my own home to house this abusive and financial leach. I had to file the oop so that I could go back to my own dwelling in peace!
And her children were... where in the meantime?

I really don't see why this needed an OoP. But, whatevs.

whatcanidoo

And her children were... where in the meantime?

I really don't see why this needed an OoP. But, whatevs.
Her children where at her aunts house visiting at the time so they were not involved at all. Also, I was only having conversations with her over the phone not in person. There was no physical altercation. I was given advice that If she was going to prevent me from going home that I needed to get an oop right away. She was served and then I went home in peace. Otherwise, I would still be staying in my friends house in fear to go home because it was her legal residence too. I was afraid of an altercation if I went home and made my demands. That's how bad she behaved towards me.

whatcanidoo

The OOP allowed me to have her legally removed and I don't know why her boyfriend was not arrested for violating his OOP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">