• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over an hour of bashing my name via radio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The harm to my reputation I guess put simply I was going to start a new business and this has halted it all together. They make references to house poor a business business person I am claiming that I sold customers vehicles, also claiming that I stole from customers, also claiming my arrest record to be more then what it is( most arrests stem from my ex-husband filing false police reports I will get arrested my mugshot to be shown and the case never makes it to court it is dropped. They reference my mugshots time and time again. They failed to mention the disposition. They failed to mention who charged me bonded me out and you eventually dropped the charges answer to that is my ex-husband)

quincy

Thanks for editing your post.

Defamation suits are notoriously expensive legal actions to pursue. If the harm to your reputation is severe enough, however, and can support a substantial award of damages, and the one who defamed you has money enough to pay damages, an attorney well-versed in defamation law might consider taking your case.

With defamation, what matters will be the exact words published and the context. How others react to the words matter. If no one believes the lies, there is no reputational injury. In fact, it is often the one spouting the lies who harms his own reputation.

And truth, even substantial truth where the gist is true even if all that is said is not 100% true, is a pretty solid defense to defamation.

You can make appointments with a few attorneys in your area for initial consultations, to get their opinion on what was broadcast and how likely you are to be successful with a suit.

I'm posting video to show the extreme measures they went through to humiliate and embarrass me. Their goal?? Idk . But I'm glad I didnt react in haste. Which was a distinct possibility. I think this is it..may contain foul language

quincy

You should save the video to show the attorneys you speak to in your area. Not only is a video with foul language not permitted on this forum, we cannot get into specifics.

Your post was reported for moderator review.

You could call. You could e-mail. Your first step should be a call to the owner of the station with your complaint...not a law suit.
I agree in part however when the broadcaster is the owner and believes he is within his rights as he claims these are facts..(clearly not)..he thinks this is a game and it is fun for him and my ex
Now I am not whining about name calling at all. These are truly without a doubt damaging intentional false statements about me and only me. All can be verified to be false as well.

quincy

Ok I wasnt able to figure it out ..I will double check and delete it if I accidentally did post.
The video should not be posted here. But you will want it to show the attorneys you see in your area.

The Florida attorneys can give you a good idea whether what was said about you can support a defamation claim and what it will cost you to file a claim. Certainly what you describe of the broadcast sounds defamatory if false.

Jackie....Based on what was stated (though I haven't listened to the whole thing) and the letter you wrote...Let this go. REALLY.
Really let it go? So if I were to take my life which was my first reaction honestly would you still say that? If it was your daughter your mother? Are you a bully?? Do you think people should be allowed to bully a person? Isn't that where all the school shootings come from. I think and believe in freedom of speech if the speech has truthfulness to it. Your statement of let it go just made me more determined thank you!
Jackie....Based on what was stated (though I haven't listened to the whole thing) and the letter you wrote...Let this go. REALLY.

Just Blue

Really let it go? So if I were to take my life which was my first reaction honestly would you still say that? If it was your daughter your mother? Are you a bully?? Do you think people should be allowed to bully a person? Isn't that where all the school shootings come from. I think and believe in freedom of speech if the speech has truthfulness to it. Your statement of let it go just made me more determined thank you!
Expect a counter suit. You sent a letter to a third party calling this guy a child molester.

I appreciate everybody's advice and comments. But what I'm looking for is actually an attorney would take a case on a contingency basis as I stated I'm on disability for cancer. I would not expect an attorney to even think about agreeing to this without hearing the worst radio broadcast cuz yes there is another one that one only lasted a half hour. This is never been done to anybody before by this radio show my name first and last was used dozens of times throughout broadcast. Pictures of me posted on the video that they have on YouTube. I am certainly not looking for a handout cuz I've never been that type of person. But I have exhausted all necessary means in trying to find an attorney that will even listen to this broadcast. I know attorneys are so overwhelmed that it is difficult without prepayment to waste precious time and I do understand that. I guess I was more hoping that maybe a law student or teacher may take this on as a class project. I don't know I don't know where else to turn but it is a sad day when you can't even go out of your home and enjoy the weather or even go shopping at the local Walmart

Just Blue

I appreciate everybody's advice and comments. But what I'm looking for is actually an attorney would take a case on a contingency basis as I stated I'm on disability for cancer. I would not expect an attorney to even think about agreeing to this without hearing the worst radio broadcast cuz yes there is another one that one only lasted a half hour. This is never been done to anybody before by this radio show my name first and last was used dozens of times throughout broadcast. Pictures of me posted on the video that they have on YouTube. I am certainly not looking for a handout cuz I've never been that type of person. But I have exhausted all necessary means in trying to find an attorney that will even listen to this broadcast. I know attorneys are so overwhelmed that it is difficult without prepayment to waste precious time and I do understand that. I guess I was more hoping that maybe a law student or teacher may take this on as a class project. I don't know I don't know where else to turn but it is a sad day when you can't even go out of your home and enjoy the weather or even go shopping at the local Walmart
This is not a referral site and none of the Attorney's that kindly volunteer their time here (none from Florida) troll for clients. You can contact your state bar assoc for a referral. But no attorney is going to take this case on contingency. You could do this in small claims and go Pro Se. Expect he will counter sue...and likely win.

quincy

You are reading an awful lot into Blue's statement but please take what you have to an attorney or two in your area for a professional review of the broadcast. You can learn then whether this is something worth the (high) cost of pursuing.

I doubt you will find an attorney willing to spend his money to help you with your case unless there is a reasonable chance for him to recover his costs.

You can try to find free legal assistance from a legal aid clinic but defamation cases are not something ordinarily handled by legal aid clinic staff. Small claims courts generally do not hear defamation suits.

Here is a link to Florida's defamation laws, published by the Digital Media Law Project (2014): http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/florida-defamation-law

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">