• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parent lied about child support payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I like everyone's ass-umptions. Too bad you didn't realize I never asked my parents for a dime when I moved out at 17. Perhaps you wouldn't be so bitter if you didn't have grown children still living at home.
Shows how much you know.... Pot meet kettle. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2Mistakes

I like everyone's ass-umptions. Too bad you didn't realize I never asked my parents for a dime when I moved out at 17. Perhaps you wouldn't be so bitter if you didn't have grown children still living at home.
Pot, meet kettle. You are ASSuming that all of us have grown children still living at home.

I personally have a 17 year old going into 12th grade, a 14 year old going into 9th grade, a 10 year old going into 5th grade, and a 9 year old going into 4th grade.

I KNOW that none of my children would ever dare to try and take money that they AREN'T ENTITLED TO. You are greedy and selfish. You disgust me.

You are dismissed.

Just Blue

Yeah. My grown child in in her 4th year of University. She is 21. She has supported herself since she started University. You should pray to GOD to be a fraction of the person she is.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Perhaps you wouldn't be so bitter if you didn't have grown children still living at home.
Don't have those, either. My oldest is in college and living on his own. My youngest will follow suit in a year. She cooks, too. And cleans. The oldest did laundry - and didn't even complain about doing my or his sister's "dainties". What a man!

I'mTheFather

Its obvious that I'm a little less bitter than you. It amazes me how complete strangers can be so disrespectful to other people on an Internet forum. It still proves my point that none of you are lawyers and your "advice" is entirely from your own personal standpoint. Good day!
Be not hasty in your judgments. You have received the correct legal advice. As to the morality of the situation, as you well know, if your father was cheated and your mother lied, well karma will be theirs eventually.

If your father has been there for you throughout your life, then now is the time to help him. Get a second job to help him pay his debt. Render unto your dad what you can, so your dad can render unto your mom what is hers.

Just Blue

Be not hasty in your judgments. You have received the correct legal advice. As to the morality of the situation, as you well know, if your father was cheated and your mother lied, well karma will be theirs eventually.

If your father has been there for you throughout your life, then now is the time to help him. Get a second job to help him pay his debt. Render unto your dad what you can, so your dad can render unto your mom what is hers.
:cool::D

Spurt....rotflabo.

Mash123

Yeah, I'm sure that he is sending resumes right now:D

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yeah. My grown child in in her 4th year of University. She is 21. She has supported herself since she started University. You should pray to GOD to be a fraction of the person she is.
And when she gets to the White House she is going to hire me as her Attorney General. Right?

LdiJ

I suppose no one sees how my mother was the greedy one in this situation. My father and I have a very close relationship without the money. No one seems to read the part where I mention that my father continued to make payments to the best of his ability, yet my mother sued him and stated that he didn't pay her anything.

I am asking for legal advice, not your personal morale ramblings and assumptions. The only information you have is what I have given. What you do not realize is that my mother made my brothers share a bedroom and cook dinner for themselves while she went out and purchased a new Coach purse every time she received payments from my father.
If your father did not make the full, court ordered child support payments then he owed your mother the difference...period. I doubt very much that he paid anything near what was court ordered. You also stated your father wrote checks therefore he would have had cancelled checks to prove what he was paying.

And good for your mom for making your brothers learn to cook for themselves, and there is nothing wrong with two brothers sharing a bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">