• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Rights violations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Once he molested the child...that would end any concern I would have about trying to keep the family together. He MOLESTED A 3 YEAR OLD CHILD!!! And all anybody was worried about was trying to keep him with you? He SHOULD have been in a cell, no matter what you think of that option. He is, and obviously has been for a while, beyond any help you could offer.

All I can say is wow....

You should admit to the court that you CANNOT control him (you can't) and find out what options are available. Police reports, your counselor's report, etc. need to be presented.
I agree with you... the District Attorney in the county where it happened has informed my family that because the child was only 3 he is considered and "unrelable witness" Thing is my son has admitted to the police in 2 states, his therapist, and all the various state workers involved with this case that he did it.. His therapist says and i quote "this is no longer an issue for "B" but it is still an issue for his family" and they describe the whole thing as a "situation" between him and a younger cousin. The situation is that my son committed a crime and the State of Nebraska is trying like crazy to cover it up and pretend it never happened and we are all so horrible for not allowing my son to "get past it"
So on my to do list today is "Go to the police station and get report" because I'll probably go to jail for contempt of court or something tomorrow but i am going to make darn sure the judge gets that report and all the other police reports if i have to climb over the top of my so called lawyer to do it. Theres no "situation" about it. The cousin STILL has nightmares when he sees my son.

casa

I agree with you... the District Attorney in the county where it happened has informed my family that because the child was only 3 he is considered and "unrelable witness" Thing is my son has admitted to the police in 2 states, his therapist, and all the various state workers involved with this case that he did it.. His therapist says and i quote "this is no longer an issue for "B" but it is still an issue for his family" and they describe the whole thing as a "situation" between him and a younger cousin. The situation is that my son committed a crime and the State of Nebraska is trying like crazy to cover it up and pretend it never happened and we are all so horrible for not allowing my son to "get past it"
So on my to do list today is "Go to the police station and get report" because I'll probably go to jail for contempt of court or something tomorrow but i am going to make darn sure the judge gets that report and all the other police reports if i have to climb over the top of my so called lawyer to do it. Theres no "situation" about it. The cousin STILL has nightmares when he sees my son.
The cousin should NOT be around your Son AT ALL. Do his idiot parents realize they are re-traumatizing the child? Jesus Christ on Crutches! :eek: That 3 yr old needs to be in SA Treatment/Recovery/Therapy.

Honestly, the bolded part is exactly what I would've done.

Sorry you're having issues, good luck.
LOL thanks TCool.. for the smile and the good wishes... I firmly believe my son is GOING to get what he's been dishing for the last 3 years and that saddens me like you wouldnt believe but i cant get in the way of it happening or he will never learn you cant just run over the top of people and do what you want without consequences.

The cousin should NOT be around your Son AT ALL. Do his idiot parents realize they are re-traumatizing the child? Jesus Christ on Crutches! :eek: That 3 yr old needs to be in SA Treatment/Recovery/Therapy.
He is in therapy and we ALL do everything we can to ensure that my nephew is NOWHERE near my son EVER... to the point we have immediately left public functions when my son comes in. The community we live in is small so we occassionally bump into my son in public but we do our best not to expose my nephew to my son if theres ANY way we can possibly avoid it. Yet another reason i was trying to move us out of here... my son cant hurt my nephew if we're 2000 miles away. As it is we protect my nephew the very best we can and do what we can to help him if he does see my son around.

mommyof4

Why don't the parents have a restraining order against your son, at the very, very least. Your SON should have to leave, not everybody else.

Why don't the parents have a restraining order against your son, at the very, very least. Your SON should have to leave, not everybody else.
My sister is currently looking into a restraining order as well as talking to the DA here about prosecuting him without having to use my nephew as a witness since my son confessed to molesting the nephew. All we can do for now is wait and see what the DA says.

***oh yeah... if you want things done quickly around here you have to do them yourself because NOBODY hurries around here for ANYTHING... grrrrr****

Last edited:
Oh yeah and here's a thought... I have stated on several occassions to State workers, lawyers, Guardian Ad Litem, sons therapist, and the foster parents that i DO NOT want my son dating this girl but they continue to allow it... Legally im still his parent... am i not allowed to have any say at all in his choice of friends since the state pulled him from my home? According to their rules "Section 43-708
Parent, guardian, or custodian; powers.

No official, agent, or representative of the Department of Health and Human Services shall, by virtue of sections 43-701 to 43-709, have any right to enter any home over the objection of the occupants thereof or to take charge of any child over the objection of the parents, or either of them, or of the person standing in loco parentis or having the custody of such child. Nothing in sections 43-701 to 43-709 shall be construed as limiting the power of a parent or guardian to determine what treatment or correction shall be provided for a child or the agency or agencies to be employed for such purposes.

But he continues to date her OVER my objections.... oy!

casa

Oh yeah and here's a thought... I have stated on several occassions to State workers, lawyers, Guardian Ad Litem, sons therapist, and the foster parents that i DO NOT want my son dating this girl but they continue to allow it... Legally im still his parent... am i not allowed to have any say at all in his choice of friends since the state pulled him from my home? According to their rules "Section 43-708
Parent, guardian, or custodian; powers.

No official, agent, or representative of the Department of Health and Human Services shall, by virtue of sections 43-701 to 43-709, have any right to enter any home over the objection of the occupants thereof or to take charge of any child over the objection of the parents, or either of them, or of the person standing in loco parentis or having the custody of such child. Nothing in sections 43-701 to 43-709 shall be construed as limiting the power of a parent or guardian to determine what treatment or correction shall be provided for a child or the agency or agencies to be employed for such purposes.

But he continues to date her OVER my objections.... oy!
That section is re; the beginning processes of Investigation (ie; when they first respond)...Your son's case is already progressed well past the point(s) referenced above.
Also, DHS is a Power to be reckoned with~ It's an entirely uphill battle once you start struggling with them.

Have you contacted the Office of the Ombudsmen?? That is the only entity I can refer you to which holds CPS/DHS accountable.

When your son breaks up with this girl, or she breaks up with him (and its almost inevitable that it will happen) you may get your son back and he may be himself again.
I pray for that... I miss my son... the sweet boy who thought mom was cool and said things like "I love it when you smile mom it makes you so pretty"... now he says things like that to his foster mom "You dont have to get me a Christmas gift... living here is Christmas enough"
And all of this because I wanted to do the best thing for both of us....

That section is re; the beginning processes of Investigation (ie; when they first respond)...Your son's case is already progressed well past the point(s) referenced above.
Also, DHS is a Power to be reckoned with~ It's an entirely uphill battle once you start struggling with them.

Have you contacted the Office of the Ombudsmen?? That is the only entity I can refer you to which holds CPS/DHS accountable.
CASA YOU RAWK!!!!
.. i completely forgot about the Ombudsman....
okay its on the TO DO list for today...
Thank you thank you thank you for reminding me

Oh another question.... can i submit my own case plan at the Disposition hearing tomorrow?

Last edited:

casa

I pray for that... I miss my son... the sweet boy who thought mom was cool and said things like "I love it when you smile mom it makes you so pretty"... now he says things like that to his foster mom "You dont have to get me a Christmas gift... living here is Christmas enough"
And all of this because I wanted to do the best thing for both of us....
No, that's not why. It's because your son is bright enough to have learned to manipulate at an earlier age (unfortunately those around him failed to notice &/or mediate that)...and now he's a Master Manipulator. Has he ever been tested throughout any of this for any Personality or Psych Disorders?

Oh yeah... i did say over and over BEFORE they took him out of my home too that i didnt want him dating her... i know its a moot point now but its one of those niggly little things that bugs me...

casa

CASA YOU RAWK!!!!
.. i completely forgot about the Ombudsman....
okay its on the TO DO list for today...
Thank you thank you thank you for reminding me
Be VERY calm, polite & patient when speaking to the Office of the Ombudsmen. DO NOT get off on the wrong foot...they're pretty much your last chance here.

No, that's not why. It's because your son is bright enough to have learned to manipulate at an earlier age (unfortunately those around him failed to notice &/or mediate that)...and now he's a Master Manipulator. Has he ever been tested throughout any of this for any Personality or Psych Disorders?
The state DID mention at the pre-adjudication that they wanted BOTH of us to go through Psych evals.... never heard another word about it though.. can i request that as part of the case plan?

casa

Oh yeah... i did say over and over BEFORE they took him out of my home too that i didnt want him dating her... i know its a moot point now but its one of those niggly little things that bugs me...
It was a moot point to begin with....from all the way back to Romeo & Juliet. :cool: Don't you know they're in "Loooove"?:rolleyes: And they know it ALL and it's going to last FOREVER & EVER :p (LOL. Some humor to cheer)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">