• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Rights violations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Be VERY calm, polite & patient when speaking to the Office of the Ombudsmen. DO NOT get off on the wrong foot...they're pretty much your last chance here.
I can do that... would it help to have everyones statements and all the reports and such... i have everything from day 1 to present if need be.... im also in the process of typing up an answer to the Disposition report... if that would help too

casa

The state DID mention at the pre-adjudication that they wanted BOTH of us to go through Psych evals.... never heard another word about it though.. can i request that as part of the case plan?
Ask for Everything...and then settle for Anything they give. IMO

casa

I can do that... would it help to have everyones statements and all the reports and such... i have everything from day 1 to present if need be.... im also in the process of typing up an answer to the Disposition report... if that would help too
I would ask THEM what they'd like....Offer all Medical records/testing/history, as well as Psych., but let them guide you after that. You don't want to lose the message in the delivery, or make it seem so convoluted/indsurmountable that they drag their feet or it gets delayed even moreso.

You should focus on the things you want/need. Help with DHS is priority.

Okay... so I sat down today with the Court Report that the State is filing in court tomorrow and answered everything that was untrue, half-true, and/or skewed against me. I stayed calm and didnt get upset or angry and I followed the State's own format exactly with the exception of quoting the portions I was in disagreement with. My plan is to try to recant my earlier admission, and failing that, get the court to accept for consideration my "revised" court report and case plan. So in a nutshell if the courts wont let me recant my earlier admission of no fault then i at least want the courts to see that I am not the monster these people are making me out to be. I just wanted to move to a place I knew I could get a better job and take care of me and my son. Anywho.. I have no clue if this is going to work or not and Im prepared for the worst but hoping for the best.
Oh... and.. I called to get the police reports on my son molesting his cousin and also the reports on the things my son did in Nebraska and both officers said I have to request their documents through my lawyer... is there any way around that? I thought this stuff was public record or something.

Oh was reading the documents again last night. I am going to ask for a continuance due to the fact that i didnt receive the case plan until 11/26/07 and therefore didnt have time to prepare my objections... hope it works

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">