• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting time and the effect on child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaizen

It is in the child's best interest to have one weekend a month with his mother....without school days, appointments, etc. But I'm considering giving that up and going against what my gut believes in the spirit of giving and cooperating.

This has nothing to do with why it's not good for Dad. It's about our son.

kaizen

I feel so much smarter now, having been skooled by a master manipulator.

And I would be manipulating why?? Because I can't stand my kid and I really want to keep pawning him off on his dad and collecting that big ole fat check, right?

Seriously, check yourself.

I'm only answering for the entertainment factor. Your thought processes are funny in a sad kind of way.

TinkerBelleLuvr

It depends. Michigan DOES calculate time based on time share, but will only make changes when it exceeds a percentage threshhold or dollar amount. The 25 days may not trigger that.

How long since you've had a child support review?

kaizen

Thank you, TinkerBelleLuvr.

It's been a little (couple months) over two years since the last child support review.

TinkerBelleLuvr

http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/selfhelp/intro/court.htm

http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/selfhelp/family/custody_help.htm

http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/selfhelp/family/support.htm

CSO286

I have a question:

If the 25 days that you are considering would throw this over that threshold, triggering a review and downward modification, would you allow Junior that add'l time with Dad?

CSO286

I have a question:

If the 25 days that you are considering would throw this over that threshold, triggering a review and downward modification, would you allow Junior that add'l time with Dad?
Good thing I decided NOT to hold my breath waiting for a reply...hmm?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

kaizen

Well, CSO it may be a good thing or it may not that you didn't hold your breath. Who am I to say? :rolleyes:

You already said this thread as well as me made you crazy. I was only looking out for your mental health.

Oh...and it was a question that I'd basically answered in my earlier posts. Given that, it looked much more like a statement in disguise.

Silverplum

Well, CSO it may be a good thing or it may not that you didn't hold your breath. Who am I to say? :rolleyes:

You already said this thread as well as me made you crazy. I was only looking out for your mental health.

Oh...and it was a question that I'd basically answered in my earlier posts. Given that, it looked much more like a statement in disguise.
Okey-dokey!

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I am the custodial parent trying to keep some peace in a custody petition. I am on disability. Son's father pays support. If I were to give him 25 extra overnights a year could he then petition for a reduction is support? If so, how would my income being disability vs his being significantly higher factor into it?

Also, if I were to give him the 25 extra overnights a year (legally documented and signed via the courts) with a stipulation that it not change the support payments, couldn't he at any point in the future ask to revisit that and have his support obligation modified? There is no way to make that a non issue in the future, is there?

Thank you.
It is very apparent that your main focus is the $$ and not what is best for the child/ren.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">