• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents! You are all grounded!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmarelda

Can I get sent to my room and get a spankin'?;)

No need to send RP my way, Mr Perfect is bringin home ice-cream & cookies:D

CourtClerk

Jaxpink: I think the lady in the managment office was stunned that I said something to her like that, but since I'm friends with the building manager, what could she do except smile and accept my rent check...:D

Majomom: Let me see if I can remember how to throw a tantrum, it's been so long since Stinky has thrown one and the one he threw didn't last long because I threw one right along with him. Scared the sh*t out of him and he thought I was crazy. THAT is usually the cure for kids throwing tantrums. Act as ridiculous as they do. They usually aren't used to their parents behaving in such a fashion:p

But I'll go to my room and just force myself to eat the special pudding (SP knows I LOVE rum pudding) and a slice of that cheesecake and whatever else gets shared. I've got Strawberry Ice Cream!!!!

Bloopy

Well I rolled my eyes at an 11-year-old child using “potty” words for every statement to anyone. I was accused of negative body language.

So I’m off for my grounding and will drown my tension in the pudding.

majomom1

Jaxpink: I think the lady in the managment office was stunned that I said something to her like that, but since I'm friends with the building manager, what could she do except smile and accept my rent check...:D

Majomom: Let me see if I can remember how to throw a tantrum, it's been so long since Stinky has thrown one and the one he threw didn't last long because I threw one right along with him. Scared the sh*t out of him and he thought I was crazy. THAT is usually the cure for kids throwing tantrums. Act as ridiculous as they do. They usually aren't used to their parents behaving in such a fashion:p

But I'll go to my room and just force myself to eat the special pudding (SP knows I LOVE rum pudding) and a slice of that cheesecake and whatever else gets shared. I've got Strawberry Ice Cream!!!!
I did that too when they were younger... I just started acting like my youngest here again recently. He "orders" me to get him food. I go to the freezer, pull out frozen pork chop or chicken and go hand it to him!! Boy does he hate that!

Tonight he told me NOT to sing to the radio... I just sang louder. My kids have just found Classic Rock... (thank God, I hated their music) but... They were playing Journey... Don't Stop Believing... I think he was more shocked to realize that I knew the words!

He even tried to turn the radio off... but I just kept right on singing!!!

majomom1

Can I get sent to my room and get a spankin'?;)

No need to send RP my way, Mr Perfect is bringin home ice-cream & cookies:D
Humm... I would skip the RP for Mr. Perfect too!!!

I can send you to your room, but Mr. Perfect will have to take care of the spankin.... :D

ezmarelda

I did that too when they were younger... I just started acting like my youngest here again recently. He "orders" me to get him food. I go to the freezer, pull out frozen pork chop or chicken and go hand it to him!! Boy does he hate that!

Tonight he told me NOT to sing to the radio... I just sang louder. My kids have just found Classic Rock... (thank God, I hated their music) but... They were playing Journey... Don't Stop Believing... I think he was more shocked to realize that I knew the words!

He even tried to turn the radio off... but I just kept right on singing!!!
ROFLMAO!
My kiddos learned early that if they b*tch I turn it up louder:D

frylover

I want to be grounded! :p
That reminds me of Bill Cosby's comedy routine where he tells about his wife getting bent out of shape because he doesn't make breakfast for the kids right. He says "And my wife sent me to my room....which is where I WANTED to be in the FIRST PLACE!"

casa

That reminds me of Bill Cosby's comedy routine where he tells about his wife getting bent out of shape because he doesn't make breakfast for the kids right. He says "And my wife sent me to my room....which is where I WANTED to be in the FIRST PLACE!"
ROFLMAO!! "Dad is Great!... Give us a chocolate cake!" LOL!:D

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well shoot, let's see how much wrong I've done because I need to be sent to my room for the weekend...

I didn't go to work today
My doc told me to stay home this whole week and I went to work anyway (disobedience)
I went outside this morning in the rain with no jacket
I told the lady in the managment office that she was stupid (and I meant it).

Now Silver... send me to my room!!! and please give me a bucket of special pudding to calm my nerves.
Did you finish that paperwork I TOLD YOU TO DO YOUNG LADY? If not you are grounded until you get it done. Or better yet, you can't be grounded at all until you get it done. DO IT NOW!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh how I wish i could tell someone in my managment office they are stupid (and i would mean it) but i wouldnt get my check.... :) Lucky You!!
I will tell them they are stupid. I spent the last three days telling the morons at publisher's clearinghouse that they are stupid. Some idiot there changed my address and MY last name to one I have not had since 2003 -- over four years ago. Oh but they will make sure my address is corrected and they changed my name again> I asked what nice thing they were going to do to make up for their stupidity -- they said they will make sure I get every issue of the magazines I ordered. I said not good enough. They need to give me double the issues for illegally intercepting my mail -- a federal offense. Morons. They had flirting bullsharks circling today.

Gracie3787

OMG, I'd forgotten all about this until I read this thread:

Years ago my kids were stuck in the house on a rainy day. They were bored and couldn't get along at all. I was trying to fix lunch, got a little fed up and threw a piece of bread in the sink after I had dropped it on the floor. My son came in and said that I had told them that they should never throw anything in the house. I looked at him, and I think that little light bulb over the head thing went off, and I told him he was right. Mom had been bad and that I should be grounded and sent to my room.

The look on my kids' faces as they watched me go to my room was priceless. Especially 10 minutes later when they wanted lunch and I told them that I was grounded and couldn't fix lunch that day.

I looved being grounded, it gave me some peace and totally shocked my kids. Hmm, I wonder if that will work with my hubby and our dogs, I might try that this week-end.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">