• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole Approval for F5-Stalking-Emotional Distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fair enough. :)

You have received advice from us that you can pass on to your brother if you want to.

Because we are blind to the majority of facts, it is hard for us to tell you what your brother can do in May to improve his chances of parole. We don't know why the Parole Board denied his parole previously.

Good luck.
Thank you very much Quincy. The law is never black and white. Even suggesting we may need to consult with an attorney and providing URL’s is very helpful. We really do appreciate it and please accept my apologies everyone if you feel my attitude is “contrite”.

quincy

Thank you very much Quincy. The law is never black and white. Even suggesting we may need to consult with an attorney and providing URL’s is very helpful. We really do appreciate it and please accept my apologies everyone if you feel my attitude is “contrite”.
We understand you are concerned for your brother. He is lucky to have a supportive family. This will be especially important for him when he is released. Life outside prison is a difficult adjustment for many.

Good luck.

We understand you are concerned for your brother. He is lucky to have a supportive family. This will be especially important for him when he is released. Life outside prison is a difficult adjustment for many.

Good luck.
Again, thank you so very much Quincy! That means more than you realize!

quincy

Again, thank you so very much Quincy! That means more than you realize!
You're welcome, ilovemydogs. The thanks are appreciated.

I hope your brother can find an attorney in Colorado who can help him prepare for May and guide him through the hearing. Again, your brother will need a solid post-release plan to present to the Board.

Good luck.

You're welcome, ilovemydogs. The thanks are appreciated.

I hope your brother can find an attorney in Colorado who can help him prepare for May and guide him through the hearing. Again, your brother will need a solid post-release plan to present to the Board.

Good luck.
We will ensure that is set up. Thank you!!

xylene

This has been hard enough for our family and the attacks and negative comments just add to our angst.
Getting good advice involves hearing different views.

If you think your narrative of an injustice or unjust sentence or that Vonnies Law is not legit, you have been in your own echo chamber for too long.

"Oh don't worry, we won't say that to the parole board." Yeah that's a lead balloon.

Honestly I think your expectations of family influence over this process may be exaggerated.

I also think your expectation of him moving to Illinois is not assured.

Getting good advice involves hearing different views.

If you think your narrative of an injustice or unjust sentence or that Vonnies Law is not legit, you have been in your own echo chamber for too long.

"Oh don't worry, we won't say that to the parole board." Yeah that's a lead balloon.

Honestly I think your expectations of family influence over this process may be exaggerated.

I also think your expectation of him moving to Illinois is not assured.
I can accept/listen to others “different views” but no one deserves to be attacked when genuinely seeking advice.
I think maybe you need to go back reread what I wrote. I NEVER said or implied that Vonnies Law is not leggit. Not that it’s anyones business but my best friend was stalked and attacked by her ex but by God’s good grace survived. So how dare you insinuate that about me!
And who said “oh don’t worry we won’t say that to the parole board”
I’m not sure if you are just that bored or just take pleasure in being ignorant.
Regardless, why don’t you take a breath.

quincy

Here is a link to the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision:
http://www.interstatecompact.org/step-by-step/table-of-contents
The site has a LOT to read but it gives you a good look at what is involved in the transfer of a parolee from one state to another.

Your brother should ask his attorney and/or his prison case manager about applying for a transfer to Illinois. Approval for a transfer is at the discretion of the Parole Board.

I can accept/listen to others “different views” but no one deserves to be attacked when genuinely seeking advice.
I think maybe you need to go back reread what I wrote. I NEVER said or implied that Vonnies Law is not leggit. Not that it’s anyones business but my best friend was stalked and attacked by her ex but by God’s good grace survived. So how dare you insinuate that about me!
And who said “oh don’t worry we won’t say that to the parole board”
I’m not sure if you are just that bored or just take pleasure in being ignorant.
Regardless, why don’t you take a breath.
No one is attacking you.

If you don't see your words at least from another perspective, you aren't seeing the whole picture.
I see my words from many other perspectives. If I wasn’t able to do that I wouldn’t put myself out there to ask for advice/guidance. No one person is the same or has the same beliefs but what you said couldn’t be farther from the truth. What you clearly wrote I said or implied is a lie. There is a huge difference between twisting and lying about someones words, and another’s perspective.
Also, my family and I don’t feel we have any type of influence when it comes to my brothers situation or the law. All we can do is reassure my brother and the parole board that we are there for him.

Here is a link to the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision:
http://www.interstatecompact.org/step-by-step/table-of-contents
The site has a LOT to read but it gives you a good look at what is involved in the transfer of a parolee from one state to another.

Your brother should ask his attorney and/or his prison case manager about applying for a transfer to Illinois. Approval for a transfer is at the discretion of the Parole Board.
Thank you so much Quincy! I am genuinely appreciative for everything!

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
All,
While I was just asking for some genuine guidance/advice as a sister, there is a lot more specifics that I could get into but why? Let me just clarify that it’s “not what I have been told” but what is in court documentation. My brother DOES NOT and has NEVER had the attitude of excuse or denial regardless of the facts. He has repeatedly accepted responsibility, he wrote a letter of apology to the victims, he has been remorseful and accepting in front of the parole board and CM’s. I’m not trying to turn this into an attack type conversation. I merely just asked if anyone could lend any knowledge. My goodness
Golly, if you feel like what I posted is "attack type conversation", then you are blind. I made very bland statements:
Given that you have this attitude, based on what he has told you, it does not sound like he is very contrite.

If he does not come across as repentant when he has gone before the parole board, this is what is keeping him in.
I will state again: no matter how well behaved your brother is in prison, if the parole board is not convinced that he accepts his guilt, is remorseful, and poses no further danger to his victims, he is not getting parole.

I am not on the parole board. I have not been at the hearings. I can only conclude, based on what you have posted, that the parole board does not find your brother convincing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">