• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole Approval for F5-Stalking-Emotional Distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Only from the perspective of an overly defensive sister of a felony stalker. To anyone else you were not attacking. ;)
Being the sister of a convicted felon who by no means is 100% innocent, my only defense is that my words are not twisted nor my genuine intent of just getting feedback as to what we as his family can do to be supportive. Somehow along the way I turned out to be the bad guy looking for people to give me excuses why the parole board is being “unfair”. Facts: he was convicted, he has an impeccable inmate rating, his victim makes strong statements, Colorado does not take stalking lightly (and is very understandable), he has remorse and has never made excuses, we all have skeletons so I’m sure I am not hearing “the whole truth nothing but the truth”. The parole board has a job to do and that is to keep people safe and I have the upmost respect for that.
I was merely asking for advice, help and suggestions so that I know I have done all I could. If that means you guys tell me there is no way he will ever get parole, then I am here to listen, if you give me URL sites to help me understand or see that I’m missing something then thank you (Quincy). I’m not asking to be judged or have my words or intentions misconstrued. This forum is to help people think outside the box and understand what they don’t know to begin with.

Being the sister of a convicted felon who by no means is 100% innocent, my only defense is that my words are not twisted nor my genuine intent of just getting feedback as to what we as his family can do to be supportive. Somehow along the way I turned out to be the bad guy looking for people to give me excuses why the parole board is being “unfair”. Facts: he was convicted, he has an impeccable inmate rating, his victim makes strong statements, Colorado does not take stalking lightly (and is very understandable), he has remorse and has never made excuses, we all have skeletons so I’m sure I am not hearing “the whole truth nothing but the truth”. The parole board has a job to do and that is to keep people safe and I have the upmost respect for that.
I was merely asking for advice, help and suggestions so that I know I have done all I could. If that means you guys tell me there is no way he will ever get parole, then I am here to listen, if you give me URL sites to help me understand or see that I’m missing something then thank you (Quincy). I’m not asking to be judged or have my words or intentions misconstrued. This forum is to help people think outside the box and understand what they don’t know to begin with.
You may want to keep that in mind when responding to people (as was said to me “look at the whole picture”) The people that have questions are vulnerable and posted for a reason. If you can help great, if your there to make judgmental comments then you may want to refrain from the free advice forum.

Just Blue

You may want to keep that in mind when responding to people (as was said to me “look at the whole picture”) The people that have questions are vulnerable and posted for a reason. If you can help great, if your there to make judgmental comments then you may want to refrain from the free advice forum.
I read all the responses to you...None were judgmental or "attacking". Not a one. You may want to reread the posts with a more objective mindset.

Have a good day...
Blue

quincy

You said that well, ilovemydogs.

I think there might be some misunderstanding over what has been said in these posts, however, perhaps because of the way what was said was said.

I think the advice that has been offered for your brother's benefit has overall been good, considering our limits here on the forum.

Your brother's attitude in the hearing toward his stalking offense can be vital in the parole board determination on whether he is ready for release. The parole board will be looking at the risk of your brother reoffending.

That said, your brother will want direction from an attorney in Colorado who has experience with parole board hearings. You and your family can best help by supporting him when he is released.

You said that well, ilovemydogs.

I think there might be some misunderstanding over what has been said in these posts, however, perhaps because of the way what was said was said.

I think the advice that has been offered for your brother's benefit has overall been good, considering our limits here on the forum.

Your brother's attitude in the hearing toward his stalking offense can be vital in the parole board determination on whether he is ready for release. The parole board will be looking at the risk of your brother reoffending.

That said, your brother will want direction from an attorney in Colorado who has experience with parole board hearings. You and your family can best help by supporting him when he is released.
Quincy, again I appreciate your candidness, genuiness, and most of all the benefit of the doubt based on words in a post. Your advice means a lot.

quincy

I definitely will. I just wrote my letter of support to them. Took me a long while so I ensure my wording doesn’t get misconstrued as it did during the forum. Believe it or not I took EVERYONES responses into consideration.
I am glad you took what was offered here in the spirit it was offered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">