• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passanger posted in my Comment "Hes a creep"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mozart57

Perhaps you should improve your people skills to avoid unflattering comments from future Lyft customers. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Politeness goes a long way in making a good first impression. Not saying you were rude to this customer but something you did helped her to form that opinion of you.
Maybe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not insults and abuse and defamation of my good character. My personal skills are impeccable, as I am not a Lyft or Uber driver. This is my temporary job. That does not mean that people should abuse and insult others. I am 61 years old, I am Merchant Marine and Navy Marine, not just deck job. I deal with high ranking officers on the daily bases. If I were a creep do you think they would keep on board? We all need to think if comments like this are just a comment or ill will? I personally have never ever called anyone names, one I would lose my very good job and two I was not brought up like that by my parents. And I feel most comments here are for the passenger, not the driver. Very interesting, what is this based on? I respect them and that is why I continue to answer them all.

mozart57

There was nothing abusive. You apparently came across as a "creep" to a passenger and she wrote a review based on her opinion.
None of this make any sense. But you don't know me so here is a Dictionary - "what or who is a "creep"" I am sure none of them apply to me. I just sit and drive don't even talk to many of them as they sit and play on the phone. Or talk on the phone. That persona had an agenda and she perhaps she has succeed in her own litle way maybe that make her day. I hope she can sleep at night as I still have a problem with that. And NO I do not need a Doctor. It's not about Doctor it;s about American;s to be polite to each other and friendly. Not been a despicable human beings.
Here it is: https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+creep&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
Pleas tell me if you see me in any of this expression? Thank You.

Just Blue

None of this make any sense. But you don't know me so here is a Dictionary - "what or who is a "creep"" I am sure none of them apply to me. I just sit and drive don't even talk to many of them as they sit and play on the phone. Or talk on the phone. That persona had an agenda and she perhaps she has succeed in her own litle way maybe that make her day. I hope she can sleep at night as I still have a problem with that. And NO I do not need a Doctor. It's not about Doctor it;s about American;s to be polite to each other and friendly. Not been a despicable human beings.
Here it is: https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+creep&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
Pleas tell me if you see me in any of this expression? Thank You.
Mozart, I don't know you well enough to determine if you are a creep or not. But I really doubt that you have a suit. People are rude. I'm sorry that you are hurt...But sometime it's best to shrug it off. :)

quincy

Your biggest challenge could be in showing "creep"s defamatory meaning and that it was in the defamatory sense that the word was used to describe you and it was in the defamatory sense that readers responded to it.

In California, a jury will make a decision in a defamation case based on whether a (per se or per quod) defamatory statement was made about the (identified or identifiable) plaintiff and that, because of the (per se) statement, or the facts and circumstances of the (per quod) statement, the statement injured the plaintiff in his occupation or exposed him to hatred, ridicule, or shame, or discouraged others from associating or dealing with the plaintiff. The statement must be shown to have been published without reasonable care. There should be proof of harm.

Negative reviews can serve a legitimate purpose. Most reviews will be looked at by a court as personal opinions. But reviewers need to be careful when drafting a review that they don't unintentionally (or intentionally) harm a person or an entity's reputation.

I am not sure you have a defamation claim worth the (potentially very high) cost of pursuing against the passenger. I think there is a good chance the "creep" comment will be viewed as opinion. But you can discuss the review with an attorney in your area to determine this better.

Good luck.

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I am not a Lyft or Uber driver...
You made it quite clear that you drive for Lyft - so how can you make this statement??

I am Merchant Marine and Navy Marine...
You mean "merchant mariner"? Maybe you can explain what a "Navy Marine" is? The Marine Corps is part of the Department of the Navy but there is no such thing as a "Navy Marine". There are "sailors" and there are "marines" but no one is both.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Maybe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not insults and abuse and defamation of my good character. My personal skills are impeccable, as I am not a Lyft or Uber driver. This is my temporary job. That does not mean that people should abuse and insult others. I am 61 years old, I am Merchant Marine and Navy Marine, not just deck job. I deal with high ranking officers on the daily bases. If I were a creep do you think they would keep on board? We all need to think if comments like this are just a comment or ill will? I personally have never ever called anyone names, one I would lose my very good job and two I was not brought up like that by my parents. And I feel most comments here are for the passenger, not the driver. Very interesting, what is this based on? I respect them and that is why I continue to answer them all.

We don't know you, we don't know the passenger. So we are not "for" either of you. You have been given our opinion(s) on the facts. And the fact is this: you have no legal remedy against Lyft. Any legal remedy would be against the passenger. And even then, defamation suits are very costly.

ajkroy

Again, as a woman who often uses Lyft alone and frequently at night, I have never felt compelled to label someone as a "creep" But I would absolutely not get into a car alone with someone that another woman had deemed as such.

My safety is more important than your feelings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">