• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penalties for Jury Duty non-cooperation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mass_Shyster

So now we all get to talk about recipes, right?
Yup.

Baked Beef Stew:

1-2 LBS. OF STEW BEEF
1 ENVELOPE OF DRY ONION SOUP
1 CAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
1 CAN OF CREAM OF CELERY SOUP
1 TBSP OF KITCHEN BOUQUET SEASONING
4-5 RAW POTATOES (CUT IN CHUNKS)
6-8 RAW CARROTS
ANY OTHER VEGGIES YOU LIKE, OINIOSN TURNIP, SWEET POTATOES
2-1/2 CANS OF WATER

Layer meat in large baking dish, or a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with Onion Soup Mix. Add Mushroom and Celery Soups. Sprinkle with Kitchen Bouquet. Add vegetables in layers. Pour water over. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 5 hours.

Mass_Shyster

Steve, I hope you don't mind when Adventurous Pro subs rattlesnake or baby buffalo for common beef in your recipe.

:p
I don't mind at all. Someone gave me this recipe, and I stashed it here for lack of another place to type it in.

My first thought when I looked at it was get rid of the processed soups and replace them with onions, celery, mushrooms, and milk.

If/when my wife sees it, you KNOW it will end up with garlic and ginger.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My first thought on seeing that recipe was how high the sodium content must be, so the substitutions sound good to me.

Proserpina

Steve, I hope you don't mind when Adventurous Pro subs rattlesnake or baby buffalo for common beef in your recipe.

:p
Wait, what?

uh..me? What am I holding? No of course it's not a squirrel. No. It's..it's...it's a Bongovian chicken. They're very rare. They have...uh...bushy tails, too.

Odd birds, they are.

:D

Proserpina

My first thought on seeing that recipe was how high the sodium content must be, so the substitutions sound good to me.

Looks bloody marvellous, doesn't it?

Says Little Miss low fat, very low salt, higher starch, medium protein "Where's the tasty stuff?" Pro..

/plays world's tiniest violin to self

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Yup.

Baked Beef Stew:

1-2 LBS. OF STEW BEEF
1 ENVELOPE OF DRY ONION SOUP
1 CAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
1 CAN OF CREAM OF CELERY SOUP
1 TBSP OF KITCHEN BOUQUET SEASONING
4-5 RAW POTATOES (CUT IN CHUNKS)
6-8 RAW CARROTS
ANY OTHER VEGGIES YOU LIKE, OINIOSN TURNIP, SWEET POTATOES
2-1/2 CANS OF WATER

Layer meat in large baking dish, or a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with Onion Soup Mix. Add Mushroom and Celery Soups. Sprinkle with Kitchen Bouquet. Add vegetables in layers. Pour water over. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 5 hours.
Leave out the water, Kitchen Bouquet and the cream of celery and you have roast. But it can be baked at 350° for 2 hours.

Or throw it all in the crockpot. :p

LdiJ

You can get low sodium cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup. Then the onion soup by itself wouldn't be that bad.

Mass_Shyster

Leave out the water, Kitchen Bouquet and the cream of celery and you have roast. But it can be baked at 350° for 2 hours.

Or throw it all in the crockpot. :p
I have no idea what "Kitchen Bouquet" is, and I'm pretty sure there's none in my house.

I wonder how this would be with Rabbit. (My niece had a pet rabbit - her father called him "Stew")

Proserpina

I have no idea what "Kitchen Bouquet" is, and I'm pretty sure there's none in my house.

I wonder how this would be with Rabbit. (My niece had a pet rabbit - her father called him "Stew")
Bahahaaahahaaaa!

Hedgehog Carbonara

500 grams spaghetti
30 ml olive oil
250 grams lean hedgehog
1 medium onion; chopped
125 ml water
60 ml parmesan cheese; grated

Chop hedgehog into small chunks.

Beat eggs and cream together in a bowl. Add half the parmesan cheese.

Put pasta in boiling water.

Put onions and hedgehog chunks in pan with olive oil on medium heat until onions are almost clear.

Add wine and reduce heat.

Drain pasta when cooked, combine it with egg, cream and cheese mix.

Add meat, onions and wine without draining fat and mix thoroughly.

Garnish with remaining parmesan. Serve immediately.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

I've seen the bottle at the grocery store, but there's none in my kitchen either.

I've used the recipe with deer, so I'm thinking rabbit would work, too.

I've got a goat that loves to jump the fence and eat my mountain laurel. I told him next time I caught him, I was changing his name to BBQ. :p

Mass_Shyster

Bahahaaahahaaaa!

Hedgehog Carbonara

500 grams spaghetti
30 ml olive oil
250 grams lean hedgehog
1 medium onion; chopped
125 ml water
60 ml parmesan cheese; grated

Chop hedgehog into small chunks.

Beat eggs and cream together in a bowl. Add half the parmesan cheese.

Put pasta in boiling water.

Put onions and hedgehog chunks in pan with olive oil on medium heat until onions are almost clear.

Add wine and reduce heat.

Drain pasta when cooked, combine it with egg, cream and cheese mix.

Add meat, onions and wine without draining fat and mix thoroughly.

Garnish with remaining parmesan. Serve immediately.
How many eggs?

Add how much wine, and to what? Your glass? That explains a lot.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">