• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Physical Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gam

Let's try it this way, what are your working hours?

If they come into play while you were to have the child, what do you plan to do with the child?

Now grant you 4 straight days with overnights of mom having someone watch the child on her time while she works, is a bit much. But she is working, you really want her to be working, your child deserves 2 parents that support him/her.

So I see your point, it is a bit much, but coming at mom the wrong way with it, using it against mom, is only going to back her into the corner more. Your work schedule also now will be used against you. Not even giving mom the chance of seeing this as reasonable and just ASSUMING SHE WILL SAY NO, is poor co-parenting on your part. You keep trying, no matter what has happened in the past. You might be correct in the end, but now you have tried.

Asking a court to now be primary, can backfire to, all depends on the Judge. I know of a Judge that would chew you out big time. Telling the court, I understand mom has to work, I'm offering to have the child those 4 days, since mom has to have someone else watch the child the entire time, and offering her the other 3 days she is off. Comes off better and shows the court your not trying to remove mom from the childs life, your trying to give the child the best of both parents time.

Let's try it this way, what are your working hours?

If they come into play while you were to have the child, what do you plan to do with the child?

Now grant you 4 straight days with overnights of mom having someone watch the child on her time while she works, is a bit much. But she is working, you really want her to be working, your child deserves 2 parents that support him/her.

So I see your point, it is a bit much, but coming at mom the wrong way with it, using it against mom, is only going to back her into the corner more. Your work schedule also now will be used against you. Not even giving mom the chance of seeing this as reasonable and just ASSUMING SHE WILL SAY NO, is poor co-parenting on your part. You keep trying, no matter what has happened in the past. You might be correct in the end, but now you have tried.

Asking a court to now be primary, can backfire to, all depends on the Judge. I know of a Judge that would chew you out big time. Telling the court, I understand mom has to work, I'm offering to have the child those 4 days, since mom has to have someone else watch the child the entire time, and offering her the other 3 days she is off. Comes off better and shows the court your not trying to remove mom from the childs life, your trying to give the child the best of both parents time.
Great points and I understand them. If she were willing to make some concessions I would as well. All I can do is try. I base the assuming she will say no, on experience in dealing with her. My intentions were never to remove the mother from the child's life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">