• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Position restructure wage decrease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Of course, it would be interesting to know WHY the employer took this step. The poster said same position, title and duties; she did NOT say, same hours, for example.,
The OP said the employer got caught paying for less hours than actually worked. So now the employer has to pay for all hours worked and I'm guessing reducing the hourly pay so that when the employees work the same hours as before they are ultimately still getting paid about what they were getting paid before.

FlyingRon

And as stated, unless they were dropped below minimum wage, that's legal. They are still entitled to be paid for the overtime that should have been paid before and was not.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one said she shouldn't be upset. But no matter how valid her feelings, it doesn't change the fact that a wage decrease, going forward, is legal unless it takes her below minimum wage.

FlyingRon

North Carolina (like nearly any state I know of) won't give you any relief on five hours fforced overtime (as long as you are paid). Even in California, you don't get relief until 32 hours (and that's an unusual provision).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">