• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible prescription forgery?? HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinapple807

You have been given the best advice that could have been given-

1) You were told NOT to talk to the Police. You did anyway
2) You were told to get a lawyer. You didn't

Whoever altered the Rx is irrevalent now, the police spotlight is on you because you
didn't do what you were told. You pretty much made the case against yourself

Those who have given excellent advice have shown great patience with you

Get a lawyer NOW !!

yes i did get a lawyer. i stated that several times. i am waited for him to return my call as his office is only open during the week.

mmmagique

Oh, and btw, the ONLY way your lawyer will TRULY be able to help you is to have ALL of the facts at his/her disposal. Not the facts as you would like them to be. The honest unvarnished truth.

(just in case you were gonna tell the Idunnowhathappenedwithmyprescriptionbutallofasuddenittripledinvalue story to him...)

I'm just sayin'...

~Christina

>Charlotte<

Lurker
you can all continue to accuse all you want, the fact of the matter is i came to this website for advice which, you gave but you gave with an attitude.
I can guarantee you that none of us need a lesson from you in how to conduct ourselves, so please don't waste your time.

There was not a single response that any mature person would classify as "attitude" until YAG said he suspected giving you any further advice was a waste of time, and that wasn't attitude so much as frustration initiated by your apparent refusal to listen to anything anybody told you the first time around.

i do not want to be mistaken for some spoiled brat who committed a crime and i am upset for having my feelings hurt.
But that's exactly what you are doing! You're looking at a serious charge, and here you are boo-hooing about being "attacked" and trying to convince us you're innocent. No, I don't believe you're innocent and I think you're the one that changed that prescription. But what I think isn't your problem. I'm not going to prosecute you, defend you, preside over your trial, judge you, or sentence you.

Too bad you didn't listen the first time around when everyone was telling you not to talk to the police without an attorney. But it's good you have one now, and now you have a chance at minimizing the damages.

I hope you don't need to be told this at this point, but I'll say it just the same: don't do anything your lawyer doesn't tell you to do. Don't say anything your lawyer doesn't tell you to say. If he tells you to show up in court in a clown suit with a parrot on your head, do it.

Good luck.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Oh, and btw, the ONLY way your lawyer will TRULY be able to help you is to have ALL of the facts at his/her disposal. Not the facts as you would like them to be. The honest unvarnished truth.
Whoa, now, wait a minute.

Pineapple, you should have no illusions about how believable or effective your story is, but neither should you waltz into your lawyer's office, sit down, and start yammering about what you didn't or--more importantly--did do. He's a professional. He knows what information he needs. He knows what to ask you, and how to ask it. Depending upon how he intends to approach your case, there may actually be some things he doesn't want to know. He knows how to do his job. Let him give you your money's worth.

pinapple807

I can guarantee you that none of us need a lesson from you in how to conduct ourselves, so please don't waste your time.

There was not a single response that any mature person would classify as "attitude" until YAG said he suspected giving you any further advice was a waste of time, and that wasn't attitude so much as frustration initiated by your apparent refusal to listen to anything anybody told you the first time around.

But that's exactly what you are doing! You're looking at a serious charge, and here you are boo-hooing about being "attacked" and trying to convince us you're innocent. No, I don't believe you're innocent and I think you're the one that changed that prescription. But what I think isn't your problem. I'm not going to prosecute you, defend you, preside over your trial, judge you, or sentence you.

Too bad you didn't listen the first time around when everyone was telling you not to talk to the police without an attorney. But it's good you have one now, and now you have a chance at minimizing the damages.

I hope you don't need to be told this at this point, but I'll say it just the same: don't do anything your lawyer doesn't tell you to do. Don't say anything your lawyer doesn't tell you to say. If he tells you to show up in court in a clown suit with a parrot on your head, do it.

Good luck.

you think i'm the one that changed the prescription?? well just like OutOnBail said...i'm just a college girl, i cant keep a secret more than ten minutes so i couldnt possibly have kept this a secret this long now could i??

las365

Do you have some kind of a shield that deflects every useful, practical bit of information and advice that is extended to you? Of all the things Clt747 said, you fixate on being whiny and defensive and sarcastic about her saying that she doesn't believe your story?

News flash! I don't believe it either, didn't from the beginning. I still gave you good advice anyway, the same good advice that multiple people gave you. You didn't listen then and you aren't listening now.

I will say to you one of the best things anyone ever told me (and I didn't get it at the tme): Keep your ears open and your mouth shut. People are still trying to help you. For the love of god, pay attention.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
you think i'm the one that changed the prescription?? well just like OutOnBail said...i'm just a college girl, i cant keep a secret more than ten minutes so i couldnt possibly have kept this a secret this long now could i??
Well, with all due respect to outonbail, I tend to think for myself and have chosen not to apply that rule of thumb to my opinion in this case.

But enough of that crap, okay? What I'd really like now is to hear your assurance that now you're only here for entertainment purposes or because you're not done bitching at us yet, but you are NOT taking any further advice from anonymous strangers such as we, and you have no intention of listening to anybody but your lawyer concerning your case.

outonbail

Actually, I was wondering if you have asked your roommates if they know who would have been playing games with your prescription. I know that if I brought a prescription to the pharmacy and the next thing I see is a police officer who notifies me that the quantity has been altered, that when I got home I'd raise the freeking roof until I found out who I had to drag down to the police station and hand over to them. I'd be damned if I'd let someone set me up for a felony!

However, I tell you what pinapple, I would really like to see how this all pans out for you. I am sincerely interest in what will happen to you after everything that has gone on so far. So I'll do my best to keep all my replies as warm and fuzzy as I possibly can from here on out. But I would like you to come back after the conclusion of your case and let us know what the end result was.
As much as my gut feeling tells me that you are not as innocent as you claim and that you do in fact know how when and who altered the prescription, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and view your position as the real victim here.

I'd like to hear what transpires as your case progresses, but I imagine your attorney will advise you to stop posting anything else about your case on this site. So please return when everything is finalized and give us the final score OK?

Now, the attorney you are going to try and speak with tomorrow, is this a private attorney or a public defender?

Seeing how you're innocent, I'm thinking your only hope of coming out of this with no conviction whatsoever, will be by way of a jury trial. Then it only takes one out of twelve to side with you.

But I still think the only way it's going to trial is with a private attorney and that the public defender will be pushing you into taking a deal. Which an innocent person shouldn't accept right???

pinapple807

But I still think the only way it's going to trial is with a private attorney and that the public defender will be pushing you into taking a deal. Which an innocent person shouldn't accept right???
i appreciate that you intend to be respectful from hear on out, thank you for that. yes of course i asked my roommates about the rx but obviously they denied it. whether they were guilty or not i knew they would. honestly it could have been one of their friends too though because our dorm door was always open so anyone had access to my room any time they wanted.

any way in reference to the quote above i am a little confused about the legal jargon. i have a public defender because on my little more than minimum wage there is no way i can afford a private attorney. i am innocent so does that mean i should or should not be accepting a deal?? i guess i will understand a little more when i speak with the lawyer and hopefully he can clarify a little more for me.

pinapple807

if i am being charged with possesion of a forgery instrument with knowledge of the forgery even though i didnt have the knowledge of a forgery then i am considered innocent correct??

because they compared this to speeding with a broken spedometer, i think i mentioned this, you dont know you are speeding but you are guilty anyway.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
does this mean i should or should not be taking a deal??
Pinapple? I've said this twice, and I'm going to say it once more. Listen, don't listen--your choice.

You have a LAWYER. Nobody on this forum is your lawyer. This forum is a resource for general information to help you educate yourself about whatever legal issue you happen to be involved in. This is NOT the place and we are NOT the people to ask whether or not you should take any deals. Ask your lawyer, when you meet with him.

And outonbail, I hope you realize this is not directed at you personally (because her question was directed at you.)

pinapple807

Pinapple? I've said this twice, and I'm going to say it once more. Listen, don't listen--your choice.

You have a LAWYER. Nobody on this forum is your lawyer. This forum is a resource for general information to help you educate yourself about whatever legal issue you happen to be involved in. This is NOT the place and we are NOT the people to ask whether or not you should take any deals. Ask your lawyer, when you meet with him.

And outonbail, I hope you realize this is not directed at you personally (because her question was directed at you.)
yea i know youre not my lawyer. i dont know what a deal is or isnt and someone said something either about taking or not taking one so i was asking about it. i obviously am going to be talking with the professional lawyer about all of this but i want to have some knowledge prior to that. isnt that what this general information resource you speak of is supposed to be used for?? just because he/she says something about a deal doesnt mean thats what i am going to do. i am just taking all of this in.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
But you didn't ask what a deal was. You asked if he was saying whether you should or shouldn't take one. Really, though, at this point I'm just going to keep repeating myself, so I'm just going to move on.

But there is one more thing:

To properly quote a post, click the “Quote” button in the bottom right corner of that post. A response box will pop up with that post in “Quote” tags at the top. To keep the post simple and easy to follow, delete any part of that quoted post you don’t need and keep the parts to which you want to respond.

You can also manually quote a post by pasting it into a “Reply” text box, highlighting it, and then clicking on the little yellow square at the end of the line that has the options for italics, bold, underline, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">